Default GM vs exploiter - need help

Hello guys.
    we have a big problem with exploiter in op fights.
    We going out the UG and the fight begins.
    We kills 4 enemys and than:
    The enemy ppu does overcast the once ppu of us.
    He use silent anti´s
    Silent overcast/overcast
    and kill our ppu in quickly time.
    in the fair fight there would be lose with 4 ppus, if there wouldnt exploit.
    the hardest overcast and silence anti exploit-user are the ppu´s of soad.
    The leader with soad and ex-GM isnt interested on fair fights. he want only WIN.
    Can anyone Gm help there?

Thank you, Rappler/Sangree

P.S: thanks Trivaldi for helped with the problem of the Pistol shotgun Part 1. nice work ;-)
    Last edited by Sangree; 24-05-12 at 14:47.

Nice post.... But to get it clearly. These are no exploits. It's simple game mechanic. And Olive only uses silent anti. So stop whining and stop clipping like a dog around a tree.
    Wusch... der leise Wind des Schicksals

me dont clipped, its a lie. netcode is not my problem cant help u.
    The gm shoud decide of the overcast be allowed. not u.

What do you mean by overcast? As far as I know overcasting higher shields/heals with lower ones is not possible anymore. As far as the silent casts go: Abusing the bug that leads to casting animations not being shown is indeed an exploit and not a game mechanic as it is a bug.

Generally using antiheals and antishields to debuff PPU's in order to kill them is common strategy, which is allowed. That's the purpose of antispells. The PPU was never meant as an unkillable mobile medicare station.

Quote Originally Posted by ratakresch
    . These are no exploits. It's simple game mechanic. And Olive only uses silent anti. .
    Silent casts aren´t an exploit ?
    Of course they are. Need an official statement ? here it is:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread....91#post2005591

PS: namecalling is forbidden, so you better edit your starting post, Rappler.
    Last edited by Ryan Steiner; 24-05-12 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Steiner
    Silent casts aren´t an exploit ?
    Of course they are. Need an official statement ? here it is:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread....91#post2005591

PS: namecalling is forbidden, so you better edit your starting post, Rappler.
    okay names deleted.

After talking to him for a while on IRC, what apparently happened is that people were casting silent overcasts, silent anti's and silent rezzes. Those are of course exploits, as can be seen in the quoted forum post.

Overcasts in themselves (casting a higher foreign shield over a degraded self-cast shield) is possible in the game, and throughout very lengthy discussions on both here and ingame, is not considered an exploit, or at least was never declared an exploit, as the old "shit buffing" was removed.
    Like the other 6 page long post about overcasting a few months ago, no GM or KK even came close to calling it an exploit (otherwise the thread would have been closed for that).
    Last edited by Biglines; 24-05-12 at 15:07.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Overcasting only works if the new shield is better than the old one, or the new one is self-cast. So you can't be 'n00b buffed' any more.

Ok so the overcast is not a problem here as the PPU could simply recast his self-casts. The remaining problem are silent casts then and those are exploits. So I agree with sangree that action by the GMs is indeed needed.

Silent spell casting is an exploit and as such is not up for discussion. If you have evidence regarding this exploit and those abusing it please send this to exploits@neocron.com (@neocron.de if you have problems with .com) and those involved will be dealt with.

Here on in, no more discussion of silent-casting.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 24-05-12 at 15:26. Reason: Typo
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    Silent spell casting is an exploit and as such is not up for discussion. If you have evidence regarding this exploit and those abusing it please send this to exploits@neocron.com (@neocron.de if you have probelms with .com) and those involved will be dealt with.

We will try and get back to you with an official stance on overcasting. Please be patient.
    ok thank you very much :-)
    this thread is created for interesting what think about other runner from that.
    its would be great the gms can discuss from the overcast-bug(exploit)
    u can close that if u want.

LG Rappler/sangree :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    Silent spell casting is an exploit and as such is not up for discussion. If you have evidence regarding this exploit and those abusing it please send this to exploits@neocron.com (@neocron.de if you have problems with .com) and those involved will be dealt with.

I'm curious as to what you GM's would consider credible evidence of this exploit? Everyone who's ever played this game has come across this type of situation where people are cheating or exploiting, and like Sangree here, it has been directly reported to the GM's. The response from the GM's is always the same, send us some evidence. So I would like to know exactly what type of evidence is required before something will be done? Do you want screenshots? (I dont know how you screenshot a silent cast) Do you want other eyewitness testimony? Do you want some kind of video evidence? What if you can't run fraps smoothly at op fights or you don't have it at all? Even then, the "evidence" may not be apparent while the exploit is still happening.

I only say all of this because this stuff has been going on for literally years now with very little ever getting done about it. It's what ruins the game for most everyone.
    Last edited by Faid; 24-05-12 at 16:35.

this sounds sooo fishy to me.

There are so much things player could do in this game. for example:

- use a silent hunter + press tab to see your hud

- overcast shields

- silent spell casting

- switch ionic pistol or woclauncher for faster shooting

- run around UG's or buildings for almost impossible to aim

- use the wellknowen droner bug for xxxx ammo

- get yourself heal and shields in hacknet and use them outside of hacknet

- use both heal tools for max heal

- etc

So calling silent spell casting and some others things of this list exploits and the other ones non exploits is crap!!!!!

some of them you can see some of them not! So why abandon some of them and the others not.....

You will never know for example your enemys dont use sh + tab or xxx ammo on a drone against you. but you should not use silent antis????? its impossible so live with it.

For me this makes it only more fun. You have to be 100% awake in a fight.
    Wusch... der leise Wind des Schicksals

Quote Originally Posted by ratakresch
    *snip*
    You got a clear statement that silent spell casting is an exploit in this thread :

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=10

Why are you still arguing ?

Deal with it !

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Steiner
    You got a clear statement that silent spell casting is an exploit in this thread :

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=10

Why are you still arguing ?

Deal with it !
    Because that's what exploit abusers and cheaters allways do everywhere: They rationalize their deeds to prevent having to accept that they are violating rules knowingly and will sooner or later be held responsible for it. What they try to do is picture themselves as the victim of unfair rules.

And saying that using one exploit is justified because you can never know if your enemies are using other exploits is the most stupid thing I've heard in years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast