Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh
    Biglines, check out the Team and Nukklear.com!
    They seem to work with Frogster America which could explain the move.
    Kay WAS working for Frogster America. He has joined Nukklear now fully.
    So there is no connection with Frogster and I guess will never be.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak
    What I don't get is why you move to a new engine if it looks worse than the old one. I don't think you should lower your sights only to make Neocron playable through a browser. Noone cares about downloading a client if it's already free.
    Do not underestimate the power of Unity and its browser plugin. Unity is a quite capable engine it just needs to be utilized right.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak
    Don't ever forget to install a red telephone for biglines in your new company.

What I don't get is why you move to a new engine if it looks worse than the old one. I don't think you should lower your sights only to make Neocron playable through a browser. Noone cares about downloading a client if it's already free.
    Neocron reloaded uses old Neocron assets and they look good in Unity when you see it live. Even the things you can see in the sneak peak haven't been fully optimized yet.

And beside this we want to reach a larger group of people enjoying Neocron.

For Neocron 3 we will take a more powerful engine in regard but this is also depending on time and BUDGET

Cheers
    K

Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    Do not underestimate the power of Unity and its browser plugin. Unity is a quite capable engine it just needs to be utilized right.
    Second that - thanks!

lol, sorry, I've become a bit too suspicious of random big announcements just when things are going badly I'll shut up about that now.

As to why u want neocron not to improve in looks, the simplest explanation from what I read in his posts is that they are going to use the old art assets, just in the new engine. I don't know if you've ever done any 3d modelling, but using the old art assets in a new engine will probably save them about 70-80% of the development time (especially if they can salvage some of the old algorithms from the current neocron).

So instead of a complete AAA neocron 3, I'd say a browser based neocron reloaded based on current art assets is a very good idea, and something that can be realized on a budget, and within the coming year or two.

Also because as far as I know, unity browser based games generally stream their content, meaning there are no files to modify, hopefully making cheating harder.

Also Kirk, I edited my first post after you replied to it, so I'll restate the question: Have you figured out a way to include community content? We have a large community of creative people (graphically as well as writing/quests), as well as very good programmers, and unity is something that is relatively easy to learn about.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    Have you figured out a way to include community content? We have a large community of creative people (graphically as well as writing/quests), as well as very good programmers, and unity is something that is relatively easy to learn about.
    Oh damn I would keen on contributing somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    Neocron reloaded uses old Neocron assets and they look good in Unity when you see it live. Even the things you can see in the sneak peak haven't been fully optimized yet.

And beside this we want to reach a larger group of people enjoying Neocron.

For Neocron 3 we will take a more powerful engine in regard but this is also depending on time and BUDGET

Cheers
    K

Hey Kirk =P Can neocron.org host a Neocron Classic server for you? Thanks , awaiting your reply.

*pssst r2d22k check your pms*

lol, sorry, I've become a bit too suspicious of random big announcements just when things are going badly I'll shut up about that now.

As to why u want neocron not to improve in looks, the simplest explanation from what I read in his posts is that they are going to use the old art assets, just in the new engine. I don't know if you've ever done any 3d modelling, but using the old art assets in a new engine will probably save them about 70-80% of the development time (especially if they can salvage some of the old algorithms from the current neocron).

So instead of a complete AAA neocron 3, I'd say a browser based neocron reloaded based on current art assets is a very good idea, and something that can be realized on a budget, and within the coming year or two.

Also because as far as I know, unity browser based games generally stream their content, meaning there are no files to modify, hopefully making cheating harder.
    100% agreed!

Also Kirk, I edited my first post after you replied to it, so I'll restate the question: Have you figured out a way to include community content? We have a large community of creative people (graphically as well as writing/quests), as well as very good programmers, and unity is something that is relatively easy to learn about.
    I know I really do consider this but all takes time and making even a Neocron reloaded is a huge task.

But we are on it as you can see and we will try to do whatever is needed to save Neocron and Reakktor or continue Neocron within Nukklear.

I keep you guys in the loop as good as I can but for today I am terrible tired. It have been long days in the last weeks.

Cheers
    K.

Every day I check the forum if something happens and than this!

Thanks so much! Can't wait for more news!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Hey Kirk =P Can neocron.org host a Neocron Classic server for you? Thanks , awaiting your reply.
    I really would love to offer this to you. But I have to re-check possibilities first.

I get back to you if it is doable.

Cheers
    K.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    Let's found a new church and pray to Kirk!
    Found the Kirk Kirk?

I really would love to offer this to you. But I have to re-check possibilities first.

I get back to you if it is doable.

Cheers
    K.
    Get back to me either way on it please please do.

I know I really do consider this but all takes time and making even a Neocron reloaded is a huge task.
    I meant helping out with reloaded
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    Found the Kirk Kirk?
    hahaha, well I think I do not yet deserve to be listed here

I meant helping out with reloaded
    Go that

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    Get back to me either way on it please please do.
    Will do!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast