Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    at least we don't have stuff like libby tanks.
    hehe, I know someone who still plays a pretty successful libby tank
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

NC1 was so long ago most people don't realise how borked it was. 2.2 isn't perfect but at least we don't have stuff like libby tanks or hybrids anymore.
    HYBRID HATER

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    You joking right? 2.2 is the worst and most unbalanced NC so far! right now it's a SPY-O-CRON!
    I'm sorry, but everyone being a spy or monk is much, much better than NC2/2.1 of everybody being a monk. And I thought tanks still turned out in reasonable numbers at op fights too?

There's plenty wrong with 2.2, but I think people oh-so-easily forget how bad it used to be.

ye 3 months ago (when i still played), it was usually 50/50 tanks and spies
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Nothing wrong with Libby tanks, at least we had some variation back then.

The main thing I miss is the pulse laser pistol rate of fire.

It gave more of a 'melt' feeling.

i dont miss hybrids but also i dont recall there being a load of libby tanks or anything like you imply dj. Most people were chasing CS parts and Marine CPUs and zerk 3s during tankocrons heyday in 2003. those are some of my earliest memories of starting up neocron.

Tanks that would spec repair skill because it was their only option for trade. Zerk 3s changing hands for 500k-1m (considered a lot of money back in those days) People begging for cs parts. Aliah coming online and everyone rushing to her for construction because she was regarded as one of the best on the server. (she built me some nice toys over time) Smurfs standing around in p1 talking then all of a sudden rushing off to p1/p2 aggie sewers because some tool decided it was noob ganking time.

People actually shouting about pkers at MB or where ever. strange how no one ever shouted about it in pp. i think on uranus that was the accepted zone for pvp. if you were there with no le get used to it. shame because at after the level 1 sewers at 0/5 it was a good place to go for levelling :P

Yes i still have a very bad addiction. im hoping development begins again soon. i think alot of us need it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

To be fair the libby tank thing was only for a very short time. The libby itself was the problem, it was just that tanks had higher defence than anyone else at the time.

...it was just that tanks had higher defence than anyone else at the time.
    When talking about resists, isn't that still the case? What else would be a reason for playing a tank otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    When talking about resists, isn't that still the case? What else would be a reason for playing a tank otherwise.
    speed, tanks outrun anything

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    speed, tanks outrun anything
    but what good is speed? All the "pros" claim that anybody that doesn't suck never misses.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    but what good is speed? All the "pros" claim that anybody that doesn't suck never misses.
    lol, true that speed doesn't help against sandwiches, but against normal players speed makes you much, much harder to hit. Plus in opwars it allows you to take cover behind obstacles (and if taken to the extreme, to clip like a bitch )

at the moment, speed is actually far far far more important than resists. my apu has almost no resists, but is fast as fuck, and as such is very very hard to hit (and no, I don't clip on my apu in normal fights)

Speed = Clipping (especially at op fights)
    Aside from that, as Biggie said, the faster you are the harder you are to hit. When I used to play, the speed setups were the best, it didnt matter how much resists you had specced you still died to a dissy in less that one clip. However if said dissy spy couldnt hit you because you were speeding all around him, your chances of winning were considerably higher. But sandwiches are sandwiches also and who really knows whats going on

KK should increase the staminadrain heavily with a higher agl/atl skill. So tanks could outskill the speedmalus due to h-c cannons with a nice staminagain (endurance) and spies wouldnt be that fast. Neither with booster cause the drain would be so heavy without endurance skilled that it would take 2 seconds to be out of stamina. That would be cool.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

NC1 was so long ago most people don't realise how borked it was. 2.2 isn't perfect but at least we don't have stuff like libby tanks or hybrids anymore.
    Fo real, and if there is any class that needs to be tweaked its pe's not spys. Pistol pe's can run around at full speed with pistol drawn and empty a clip of ammo on u before u can get 8 cs rounds off, all while being able to run cast decent asd. Oh and stealth.... So dont say spys are unstoppable thats complete shit id have to say almost no spy will beat any of the other properly setup class's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast