hired! u need an orange box game, and this link: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Docs
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Yeah, seriously. If you think you can troll around the Valve source code and make some stuff work, by all means, start playing with it. Sarduin seems pretty confident that he can begin learning Visual C++ within the week, but that means at least a month before he's comfortable enough to start modding Valve's code.

Some weapons will just be cut and paste, and others will just be slight tweaks to code. And then we have capture points to integrate, Hacknet, among other things. It's gonna be a big project, but fun I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    Is there any tool to export the map from hammer to blender?

anyway this project is quite looking good, in fact it's very good!
    Not that I know of. Although, a couple people have been mentioning that you can open *.bsp's with other programs, but I don't know if that would help you. I do know that you can port entire scenes from XSI to Hammer and HL2, don't know about the other way around.

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it, and I'm sure Biglines does too.

That reminds me I need to update my contact info for people interested in helping out. I have been communicating with Biglines via xfire, so I guess that's a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec
    Is there any tool to export the map from hammer to blender?

anyway this project is quite looking good, in fact it's very good!
    yes, blender can import dxf, which hammer should be able to export, so geometry should work, not sure about the textures though
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Textures sure bring those objects to life!

You guys really should get some contribution system in place- set up the project like open source (releasing any individual ownership and control) and then you can ensure that the project would be able to continue if one of the major content creators drop out. This might also attract a few more contributions
    [Nidhogg[Mod|IFW]] I'll pretend I didn't see the file 'Neocrackv3.exe' ; )

my idea is to make a cross platform game based on NC and your project is really sexy... and i also a noob at C++ programing so that's explain by previous post. it's nice to know that i can load the meshes to blender.

Sort of off topic, but I figured out a solution to my previous problem. I was crashing when I would ALT+TAB out of NC to work on the map in Hammer. I now have NC running in compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME in Vista. It also fixed my "no background music" problem. So, woot woot.

Oh, BTW, working on the map atm. Say hi to me on the third and fourth floors of Medicare. I'm on Wizbang McFlea.

Thumbs up with this protect, seems intresting even tho its on early state.
    Titan: "Thantos Cst Rep".

don't think we have ownership of most of these things anyway, since the original IP is KK or their subsidaries... I have no problem releasing my work under creative commons, just would need to know from KK if that is possible

Biglines, you should ask to your teachers about copyright and ethics for fan art. the only thing that i can say for sure is if you won't sell your fan art it's legal to share your fan art. Otherwise you would have a trial from KK and probably would have to pay a large amount of money....

I know i can share my fanart, but I meant what license I can put on it

CC license is the right one or you can mail KK for advice... (the last option is quite hazardous).

Exclamation

First of all it's good to see that you guys are that committed and spend much of your leisure time on originating such a project. In general we have no objections against this project but ask you to stick to following terms:
    1. The project must be distinctly declared as a fan project. Any commercial use is strictly prohibited.
    2. The fan project may not contain any content that violates existing laws or any other content that could damage the reputation of Neocron, the Neocron Community or Reakktor Media itself
    3. All copyright references have to be fully visible, be it within the modification or on any related web page
    4. All existing terms of service and rules of conduct are still in place, which especially relates to extracting or altering game data in order to obtain templates for your work
    Reakktor Media reserves the right to withdraw this permission at any time without giving reasons and reserves any possible legal steps in case of violation of the above mentioned terms. You also have to be fully aware that you represent the game and its community even if you are not in an official position.

Please keep us posted about the progress and use the Community Announcement forum for your project related discussion threads. Thanks!
    "Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

hmm, since we're not really announcing but discussing, this forum seemed more fitting, if you think this belongs in community announcements however, feel free to move it...

I wanted to thank Snowcrash for giving us an official word on our work. I appreciate KK's support of this fan project.

What does #3 mean exactly? Do I have to go around and put the copyright symbol on every texture even though we are redoing them all for use in the Source engine? Please let me know if anything we have done or will post in the future is in violation of any rules or laws. Like I have stated before, this project is mainly for fun and portfolios. Its to let the community know the talent that is here in the community and to show KK our appreciation for their work over the years on this great game.

So thank you Snowcrash. We'll stick to the legal side of things so we can release our tribute to Neocron.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast