Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default My own Work in Source (L4D)

Hi Guys..

Here My Work: the Video Part is 6 Month old Stuff and pre-Alpha Status. But the Level isnt Playable for L4D.. to big, and wide open. i see no way to continue this for L4D..

The screens at the End are from my new L4D Campagne.. and no, only one level has neocron inspired elements (strong modified). This Map is allready RC-Status and will be released soon.. playtime of the map is 15 min. My work in the Video and in The Screens based on the Neocron Offline Demo (90%) and NC2.2 (10%).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jHg359AVQ&fmt=18

That's pretty cool, I'd like to see the finished product.

Nice work guys! So many talented people here, just think if we got together what we could do. Hell, if KK's BP does well, they might just want to hire us all off the street. But that's some awesome work.

All I can do ATM is draw schematics of models I want to make and get them ready for rotoscoping in XSI.

@Biglines:
    I'm working on a Gogo model presently, hopefully everyone will like the changes I have made artistically. Although I can't post any screenies b/c my PC is still screwed up. The new PSU is on the way, so, it should be friday when I can get some more work done on it.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their support and creativity. Maybe we can get a working mod together in a few months and let everyone enjoy it!

will u be looking into making the weapons work in a sourcemod or shud I be looking into that myself as well (I don't have visual studio though)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I'm loking into it and I have a general idea of how to get it to work. However, I am not a C++ expert so it may be a while before the weapons actually function correctly. It will be some time before I get that figured out since I am trying to focus on maps and models. I am reading a very good Visual C++ primer, but I'm not quite ready to do a whole lot of coding as of yet.

I do have Visual Studio and actually have a mod running for the game, I just don't have anything coded yet. If anyone would like to contribute in that aspect, just let me know.

I posted a link to this threat in the german section, (which is where Marc hoover and the other german dude came from), think marc hoover is a programmer, might be able to recruit him to help

and I've been thinking, silent hunter should be about the same as the CSS autosniper, and probably some of the laser weapons can be copied from some deathmatch weapons. Dunno about the plasma weapons. Crossbow, AK and beretta are easy too of course (do we even need to redo them or is copying them from CSS enough (or even allowed for that matter))
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

WhiteKrAkRBOi, how you doing?!

This is the model so far, I wanna get started on the skin, but if the model isnt just right I'd have to do a lot of UV mapping again, so the questions for u guys are:
    any comments? What should I change? is it too low/high poly?

It looks great, but there's WAY too much detail in the back. How often is anyone going to see that?

walk around nc city and see how much u can see of the citycomms tbh, but I think i can trim down the polies there yeah

old first, new second

Default Where do you get the models.

Where do you get the models for the blender are they in the NC folder?

blender is a 3d modeling program, I modeled those myself...

I got bored doing the city comm though (UV mapping takes ages with so many different angles), so I thought I'd start with one of the easier guns to model, the silent hunter, because it is very rectangular:

got it a bunch further, to see if i cud get it ingame

and ingame as a prop:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast