Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Ah yay! I had to open all week at the store, so I had no time to work on this. Until today, when I had a revelation! And got the particles to behave in like 5 minutes! So, here's a small, yet substantial update that I hope everyone will enjoy.

Of course, after recording and compressing the movie, I realized that I didn't demo the gravlift actually working... but the down one isn't tweaked perfectly yet, so I can hold off until that bit is sorted out.

HL2: PNC Plaza 1 Gravlift Demo
    Last edited by WhiteKrAkRBOi; 15-08-09 at 07:49.

maybe it looks better if you let the particles spawn from below the floor, since it seems they're a bit slow at the bottom compared to further up?

otherwise very nice!
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

That looks great and the particles look fine to me.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

That looks absolutely beautiful. I'm really liking how this is shaping up so far.

was i the only one modeling weapons? cuz I sure can't make them all..
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    was i the only one modeling weapons? cuz I sure can't make them all..
    I wish I had the time or the talent.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

it's more time than talent..., just try till it looks like the reference pic

I'm actually trying to do several things actually. I'm reading a Visual C++ book before bed, learning XSI (again, haven't used it in 2 years) and mapping. So, no you aren't the only one working on weapons models. But, I'm also working on world models too, such as the Gogo and I'm not completely devoted to weapons models at this time.

And, to top things off, my power supply in my main PC got screwed up by the baby, so I won't be able to do anything worthwhile until I get a new one. Hopefully Newegg can get it out before tomorrow evening. Until then, I'm pretty much shot, as all my project files are on that PC. My FTP PC is running, but it doesn't have a high res monitor and I'd have to reset all the programs on that PC.... what a mess.

I'll keep you guys posted on any new progress. Hopefully I can get that other PC where I can use XSI at least, but this week is full with me moving and all.

i knew about you, but I thought we had some more people modeling. oh well

just realized u can just re-use two of the guns from css, ak47 and beretta

damn mod tool is a fucking shitty tool, won't import any filetype properly (been exporting with blender, which exports to 3dsmax, maya, etc all fine..)

damn edit rules suck on this forum... 4 posts in a row...

I've found some tutorials and plugins for blender so I don't need xsi mod tool at all, yay.

Weapons are difficult to do though (at least, they're lots and lots of work), so I'd prefer to start on some props such as gogo, citycom, GR, things like that

might redo the laser rifle model in blender, but not gonna look into exporting viewmodels just yet, but first I'm going to model a gogo and a citycom, see if I can texture them as well, so you can place them around ur maps

Default What are you doing?

What is it you are doing with the blender... Dont stick you fingers in it hurts lol only joking but yeah what you doing with the blender program?

Blender 3d is a 3d modeling/rendering/animating app

done for the night:

this is a blender model, so the poly count is much much lower, but should run far more smoothly in source

(but then again, we're used to NC fps and memory leaks, so we shouldn't really have much problems with people complaining about fps lag :P)

when the model is finished I'll texture it and then see if i can get it ingame

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast