Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

the goal is to IMPROVE the hunting.

u are using a gun with a very low techlevel. that means u wont get much experience for that. then you arent able to hack. u wont get any loot for killing the mobs.
    cause youre a hybrid u wont be able to kill anybody with this setup.

keeping the distance to the warbots is good. but a decent warbot hunter knows that at any time a warbot is able to spawn behind you. that happens thousands of times when hunting in I10 e.g. and then? u are too slow for running away. your resists are shit against warbot weapons and you arent able to kill that warbot in time with a FUSION weapon which isnt even worth to start closecombat.

so i suggest that in every other case then a distance fight against warbots or hovers you are pretty much dead.

Warbots don't do pierce, their little friends do. The rockets do force+fire, but not a lot, and they like their energy gun better. The energy gun (note my energy resist) does pure energy, the shock is what does xray. Did you see the damage numbers in my screenshots. I WAS hunting, I can run away easy. I took 10 hits unbuffed from a warbot that spawned on me and lived. I hacked them and got a few tech parts. I can recycle my ammo and drive a quad when I get overloaded. Mechturtles died to the rocket pistol. My setup is more fun than yours. Anything else?

Any need for that barter? Might prefer to invest it in more hack to make things less tedious for you, or more WPL for more damage etc. Other than that it looks fun, but if it is pretty much just for WB hunting I'm not sure how much use you'll get out of being a hybrid.
    Bob Arctor - For all your research, repair and recycling needs.

Rain Dog - Melee, the masochists choice.

Terra.

The barter is really nice to have, not all junk needs recycling and selling it is quite a bit more profitable. I'm actually going to get 50 rec to make all wep/armor parts into 10s for easier carrying. I did have trouble hacking that hover even with dolinskin so I think 10 more hack, taken out of weaponlore will do it.

I changed the setup a tad for no fire resist in con, and more poison, no kevlar. I can swap armors for different areas and also go for balanced armor for the never gonna happen pvp. (krokydolith + all inq for fire mobs, all kevlar for poison areas) Assuming my ping wasn't 260 and I cared anymore, I could use a stabber pulselaser rifle in pvp and stick in a DIP and a rifle eye, no LoMing. Then redflash and pxf for decent speed.

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Hmm... I was purely a warbot hunter for a good long time. I loved it. Then suddenly I no longer had the time In fact, I capped soloing the juggies as a rifle spy..

This makes me want to get my new spy capped more quickly, think that's what he's going to be! Quad-driving (maybe glider with an imp swap) recycling rifle spy... with resists tailored for WBs.

Since the thread is now about warbot hunters, this is my 'drug factory' hc pe. I've had this char this way for about a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ
    Hmm... I was purely a warbot hunter for a good long time. I loved it. Then suddenly I no longer had the time In fact, I capped soloing the juggies as a rifle spy..

This makes me want to get my new spy capped more quickly, think that's what he's going to be! Quad-driving (maybe glider with an imp swap) recycling rifle spy... with resists tailored for WBs.
    I'm not sure if you know this, but the Warbots'-tech droprate is horrible right now. If you're actually interested in the payoff, then I'd suggest tailoring for firemobs instead.
    If you're just interested in the fun of it, then awesome.

Do firemobs still insta-kill you if you get too close?

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I'm not sure if you know this, but the Warbots'-tech droprate is horrible right now. If you're actually interested in the payoff, then I'd suggest tailoring for firemobs instead.
    If you're just interested in the fun of it, then awesome.
    Hehe, still think we have a thousand or so techs to be ressed from the 2.2 tech-a-thon. It's my attempt to get back to my solo tech collecting days, I'm actually really looking forward to it. That said, firemobbing with an alpha redeemer and glider is awesome fun too... more satisfying than with a SH in my opinion. Too bad it's a pain to loot solo, it's more of a team thing I guess.

And yeah Glok, I wouldn't be getting within range of firemobs. They are viscious bastards When I go killing them, I do it from max range on a mountain.

That's what I figured. I'll stick to warbots.

Also I made a setup just for nabbl. No I'm not using it, I have other plans for my tank. I just wanna drive him a little nuts is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glok
    Do firemobs still insta-kill you if you get too close?
    Only Grim Persecutors, and then not if you're a tank (or maybe a PE, not sure). I can take 2 or 3 of their invisible AoE's before biting the dust on my HC Tank. To be honest it's not hard staying out of range though.
    Bob Arctor - For all your research, repair and recycling needs.

Rain Dog - Melee, the masochists choice.

Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Arctor
    Only Grim Persecutors, and then not if you're a tank (or maybe a PE, not sure). I can take 2 or 3 of their invisible AoE's before biting the dust on my HC Tank. To be honest it's not hard staying out of range though.
    Creed/Ravager + Long Range = dead firemobs... Same with healing light/Redeemer/Silent Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

I was hunting firemobs with my creed/storm laser and I did not have one problem with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123