Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphette79
    U guys are certainly making sure Habrok earns his peanuts.
    GJ on keeping the forums clean Hab
    You are looking at it the wrong way.

If he had nothing to do, there would be no reason for him to be here ... atleast this way he can feel like he has a purpose.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naimex
    You are looking at it the wrong way.

If he had nothing to do, there would be no reason for him to be here ... atleast this way he can feel like he has a purpose.
    Otherwise I'd have him sweeping the streets of VR outside the HQ.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Arrow

If u enter an OP Fight with an APU un need:
    1 Apoc
    8 Psibooster
    1 Medikit

U will enter fullbuffed with heal and firering the Apoc to someone of the enemies, after 15-20 seconds u r the main target, 5 seconds later u eat ur Medikit and ur last PsiBooster, in the second 27 ur QB is nearly empty like ur health line. 29th second: u rightclick for selecting a GR because no PPU wants to rezz for another 15 second sequence with an APU in the OP fight team.

31th second u start flaming ooc or logging a Tank/PPU/Spy

In that case:

Less Psi pool consumption, higher RoF...

I've never taken my APU OP fighting, as I like to use my PE at OP fights, but still... I can only imagine the amount of Psi boosters you'd get through.

[ edited - put Jini on ignore because I don't want to see you disrupt a thread like this again ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 27-02-08 at 17:41.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    [ edited ]
    Why u feed the troll?
    ou are not intrested in a discuss about the APU. That the post of you says to me. So keep yourself out of here ...
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 27-02-08 at 17:42.

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

On the subject of the APU, I think that its somewhat like the Melee situation, a slight tweak could make it more viable, but nothing so big that it becomes too dominant again. Like others have said, a frequency boost or such could help.

In After Dark, we have an APU (Beldaran) that comes to Op wars all the time, he could comment best on how viable they are, but he enjoys it I think. Its true we don't often try the rez unless we can get him up and shielded before anyone else sees him.

As someone mentioned in the previous thread, the role of the APU is more like a Spy used to be, he needs to attack from the side and not draw attention to himself. For sure, giving the APU the Antibuff spells would make them obligatory in op wars but I think that goes too far (and was discussed a lot in a thread a few months ago). I had cheekily suggested a modest stealth spell would allow the APU to fight and survive longer, but I guess that wouldn't be popular

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    a shielded tank with heal and maybe heat 3 is not killable for an apu. its just not possible. u do something like 50 dmg with is healed up until u are able to cast again.
    That's not right. You do quite good DMG with closed Aim, although it feels like playing a melee, when you do that.
    You can wipe out alot of demage-dealers very fast if you' re not hit.I think APU would be overpowered if he got DMG/Freq boost. The main problem is, that you die way too fast if you play against someone with good aim. And you can't do anything about it.

My suggestion is, to give APU more resist and a harder aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabbl
    the PE should be able to Antibuff too. with his nanites of course, which should be redone:

- instant antibuff when u hit
    - increased range
    - and new restrictions for using them.
    That would be fuckin overpowered, since a good PE would then easily be able to kill runners with PPU support (what you can already do without antibuffs).
    Maybe add PE Stealth with 10 Sec and high Req in HCK or any other non PVP Skill. (call it hacked Stealth Tool or something)
    Last edited by gamefreak; 27-02-08 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak

That would be calling him a spy.

I think the main argument is EITHER damage OR frequency increase but not both. The apu is meant to be fragile but the fragility has no purpose when his damage sucks vs ALL other classes. Personally I think APUs should have the damage they used to have OR something along the lines of their old frequency (not 105/min on HL ofc) but something better than current.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

AND APU weapons don't work. Fire apoc doesn't burn, Holy para doesn't para. they are all just another holy lightning beam. Only apu spell that acts normally is th poison.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    1.) i think that the apu needs back his antibuff!
    they can use that shitty antinanites at the moment, which are useless crap.
    they need something that they are an OPTION in op fights for Antibuffing people.
    but the other thing is: the PE should be able to Antibuff too. with his nanites of course, which should be redone:

- instant antibuff when u hit
    - increased range
    - and new restrictions for using them.

2.) and the maximum damage has to be increased...
    when the reticle is fully closed the apu should do a hell lot of damage. so skilled players can do much damage and they know how to time their shots to kill their targets with max dmg.

3.) maybe a frequency increase.
    the apu is kinda boring to play now. a frequency of maybe 80 should do it. of course you have to adjust the dmg then.

If you give back the HAB to the apu, you are changing the game as a whole. Then, the Apu will present THE prime target, with priorirty #1, by the time they spot one. Not to mention that ppus will become totally unkillable... and tht 2 ppus will be able to rezz a whole OP fighting team, in the heat of the battle.

If you want faster spells, then you must do so by nerfing damage, in order to maintain DoT of the class. By doing so, you will expose the fragile Apu in far more risks than you do now. And I disagree when you say the apu is boring. It does a lot of damage, aims with ease, and runs fast, so he can cover from reticle weapons and stay alive.

P.S: I don't really mean they need a nerf, just like I dont want them to get a boost either. As I said they are fine. They are just not overpowered as they once used to be, but then so is the xbow PE. Right?

Hé Opti....even the poison doesnt stack anymore....

Make spells stackable again and just q small increase in frequency and its all good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak
    That's not right. You do quite good DMG with closed Aim, although it feels like playing a melee, when you do that.
    You can wipe out alot of demage-dealers very fast if you' re not hit.I think APU would be overpowered if he got DMG/Freq boost. The main problem is, that you die way too fast if you play against someone with good aim. And you can't do anything about it.
    That would be fuckin overpowered, since a good PE would then easily be able to kill runners with PPU support (what you can already do without antibuffs).
    Maybe add PE Stealth with 10 Sec and high Req in HCK or any other non PVP Skill. (call it hacked Stealth Tool or something)

It depends on your setup. A very agressive setup does do quite good dmg. About on par with an agressively set up spy. The issue is then you have HORRIBLE resists and not great movespeed. In order to get like 40% or so unbuffed, you end up doing less dmg than all but a lowtech PE.

Also, I don't mind apus playing like old spys, in fact. Before the chances, playing an unbuffed apu did feel like that. you did lots of dmg and died in a few seconds. It is true they were overpowered at ops (due to ppu buffs and the need for antibuff) but solo they were never overpowered at all. I just wish there were some way to bring that feeling back. I miss my glass cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaH
    Hé Opti....even the poison doesnt stack anymore....

Make spells stackable again and just q small increase in frequency and its all good imo.
    Then I want decent poison stacks for my hard earned AK as well. Stacks that stay as long as devourer stacks stay.
    Glad to see at least some, acknowledge that in the end, APUs are fine...

Quote Originally Posted by onero S

It depends on your setup. A very agressive setup does do quite good dmg. About on par with an agressively set up spy. The issue is then you have HORRIBLE resists and not great movespeed. In order to get like 40% or so unbuffed, you end up doing less dmg than all but a lowtech PE.

Also, I don't mind apus playing like old spys, in fact. Before the chances, playing an unbuffed apu did feel like that. you did lots of dmg and died in a few seconds. It is true they were overpowered at ops (due to ppu buffs and the need for antibuff) but solo they were never overpowered at all. I just wish there were some way to bring that feeling back. I miss my glass cannon.
    So, basically what you are implying here, is to return to the era of HL shooting @200 hp and 105 shots per min? Well guess what, this era's long gone. You can easily make your monks last with a decent setup, but if you want to go for powa you will have to pay the price.

[ edited - same goes for you Jini. I'm happy to remove one or both of you from the forums ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 28-02-08 at 11:34.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast