Thread: clipping

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default clipping

In the past it was simply annoying and now it has slowly evolved to where it is completely destroying the quality of op fights. The problem is everyone is willing to complain about it...but no 1 is willing to not do it. The way i see it we have two choices..one KK fixes the game..or two we all come together and STOP CLIPPING. I realize that both are probably a miracle but like i said it is beginning to ruin the quality of op fights and maybe we can all suck it up and die like men (or women). Either way... something has to be done.... I dunno maybe the clan leaders can come together or something....cause i think everyone can agree that it is fucking up op fights big time.

I can only see one way to semi-fix this problem quickly:

Adjust the run speed.

It only seems to be Tanks and Monks that I see clipping. Probably because both can afford to put a lot if not all points in Dex under AGL.

The OP fight at Tyron Factory the other night was ridiculous, one PPU Monk in particular 'Julie Fatale' kept on deliberately clipping by running the same route the whole time. Even with about 6 of us shooting her it was just impossible to take her down. It was a complete joke, I personally gave up shooting her in the end...

Strom Alchofrolic [79/63] Rifle Spy on Terra
    Fates [46/46] PPU on Terra
    Narko [43/47] Rifle PE on Titan

I don't mean to be rude but lets keep naming and past events out of this and lets try to focus on how we can fix (or at least help) the situation.

I have NO problem with clipping... i dont mean i say its okay i mean i rarly experiance it. My FPS stay so high that when they try to clip they usually lag and allow for me to hit them more. i watch them slowly creep around the corner instead of going through the wall. yes a few ajustments had to be made to obtain this effect but clipping is only an issue i think for indivual users and their pc/ setup.

Again i rarely see anyone clipping i have tons of videos of them trying and its funny but, i believe its a connection issue. becasue i only experance the "clipping" when pantho or CDM is in the zone... no im just kidding. i only experiance it when my FPS / bandwith are LOW.

/edit - KK .. we ever going to fix that memmory leak?

E&E

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bodies
    I have NO problem with clipping... i dont mean i say its okay i mean i rarly experiance it.
    mebbe you should fight more often in ops that have trees and hills...

My FPS stay so high that when they try to clip they usually lag and allow for me to hit them more.
    Congrats... funny enough I have found the clipping to be in pretty much no way connected to the fps or general system performance. The client calculates the movement path B between A and C... and it doesn't account for obstacles or z-axis properly. The only thing you get with more fps is more frames of clipping bullshit in a second - congrats to that.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bodies
    My FPS stay so high that when they try to clip they usually lag and allow for me to hit them more. i watch them slowly creep around the corner instead of going through the wall.yes a few ajustments had to be made to obtain this effect but clipping is only an issue i think for indivual users and their pc/ setup.
    I disagree - I get very very high FPS all the time. Regardless of FPS, when you're fighting against certain people, you can tell their intention is to clip once they get to a certain health. NC FPS is now capped, too, so I doubt you get hugely improved FPS than me.

Some people have already told me they were taught how to do it more effectively, whilst in their former clans.

It happens, and it happens deliberately.

/Below here is an edit - seems I added an edit to this as Eldac was posting below.

That's not to say that every time anyone clips that's deliberate, but sometimes people clip deliberately - and some people more than others.
    Last edited by StevenJ; 19-12-07 at 02:19.

Banned User

A lot of the people that are "clipping" arn't doing it on purpose. Its the bugged netcode that's causing these problems to happen.

A lot of times you don't know that you appear to others that you're "clipping".

The people that clip - do know they are doing it. Weapon goes away, and they sprint round and round buildings. Coincidentally, they arent doing it until they are almost dead.

its quite a shock to me, as this didnt exist in Nc1. Not that I am aware of anyway.

The clipping will continue forever, as it comes down to the people and their decision to not do it, unfortunately this game is full of hatred and a general negative attitude towards other players, and clans other than their own, especially when OP fighting. This has been discussed before and the same conclusion is met everytime: its upto the people to not do it, and they continue anyway. I wish this was fixable.

Agree'd

After fighting today, the tanks we was fighting, actually stopped put there weapon away, and ran in circles around the hack term until they was 50%> hp...

all of them.

Also, for the record it was Terrarist-Bucaners w/e it was spelt... There new clan

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 19-12-07 at 11:51. Reason: Trolling

Unregistred User

Quote Originally Posted by Vila
    [ edited ]
    so true, and you are blood queen of clippin

but yes... clippin is gettin old tbh.
    I would feel quite bad to clip just to stay alive.

Ive been told to fight the enemies.. not to run from them.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 19-12-07 at 11:51.
    farah: noob
    evey: noob pe
    zebel: noob ppu
    keeil kim: noob tank
    - total noob, me wins teh internetz

eather way u try to clip or not you clip anyway. you just dont notice it ur self.
    just like jini would say. "i dont clip"

I bet i clip like a motherfucker on Warbot 108 agility, 95 athletics, i run faster than a fucking glider
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Yep, speedcap please.

Just to mention, we had the whole discussion not too long ago...

Danny
    I'm the one you thought that you could erase, but a predator that's faster than the food that he chased.
    When you fall off the horse you brought to the race, I'll be the one who's flying by you kickin' shit in your face.

1680x1050 widescreen compatible worldmap

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast