Default Please KK, Is it that hard?

i REALLY do not often do these things, but i hope to make this more of a discussion than just one of my rants.

Now we all know that recently NCs population has not been anywhere wonderful, and been out-right kinda low. I dont know about you guys, but when i look back at NC1, i enjoyed that because you could run damn near anywhere and find an ally to help you (That wouldnt turn around and FUCKING SHOOT YOU, but my issues with Ally Pking are for another thread) And just as you would find that one ally in the middle of nowhere, you would shortly find that one or two enemies as well.

Now, i would like you all to look back at NC1 and think about why you enjoyed it, then post here. I Know that a major problem is going to be Netcode, but we all know netcode sucks at the moment. Id like to hear why you guys enjoyed it.

Now, onto the reason for my thread title.
    How hard is it to spend a month polishing the game up a little bit for the more commercial players (At the moment...its not-so-polished and caters to the die-hards) And then make a good cinematic trailer and start advertising NC? In this day and age of grindfests and WoW clones, im sure quite a few people would find our game here a very welcome change of pace.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

I enjoyed NC1 more mainly because of the higher population, it's simply not fun anymore hence why I've not had an active subscription for a very very long time and when I have subscribed I always end up logging in seeing nothing interesting and I immediately log out - maybe once per two weeks.
    I will definitely be a returning player but not until population is higher, until then I will just be monitoring this board and ocasionally post in some interesting thread.
    /Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    How hard is it to spend a month polishing the game up a little bit for the more commercial players (At the moment...its not-so-polished and caters to the die-hards) And then make a good cinematic trailer and start advertising NC?
    I'm not sure about what you mean by "polishing" the game, cause you're not very explicit. Are you talking about fixes or adding new content (like Flower-modded Curse-Souls) ?

Now "how hard would that be" you ask ? What I'm gonna say is probably stupid, but, something tells me that advertising for a game may be a bit more expensive and risky than recruiting a couple of developpers or overtiming current employees to fix/add content during one single month.

Especially when you're busy working on another game.

Thats the problem at the moment. They have put all the devs on BP, which fucks us over for a year or two. By polishing, i mean fixing a few of the minor bugs (I know they cant fix fatals, but they can probably fix some of the minor shit like a few of the graphical errors, maybe even the 50/50 logins.) Not new content. Theyve put in enough content the last year or so and left it unbalanced. Balancing could also be counted as Polishing.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

this is another "i played nc1 and i want you all to know it and i also want to whine about something thread" isnt it?

Do us all a favour. Step down off the soap box, stamp on it and put it in the bin and wait patiently to see what happens with the next patch. i figure its coming soon enough with the rebalance/faction rework as they said it would be roughly november time. Not specifically that but 2 months or so and that makes november. i think that deadline will be kept in good faith and no im not drunk/stoned/high/deluded i just think it will all go ok.

yes there are problems. yes we all know about them and yes indeed we all want them changed so instead of padding your post count just let it be and instead contribute something funny to someone elses thread like i have contributed to yours.

______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Well, lets see now. Why is it that i play this game? It has a unique setting (for MMOs) and sinister aura about the whole thing. When playing i actually feel part of the game, odd really. I just feel i have total control over my character and environment.

Its a mixture of gameplay and feel. The PvP is second to none (MMO speaking), and OP fights are immense fun. I dunno, its just an awesome game.
    Black Prophecron! You know it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by rob444
    I enjoyed NC1 more mainly because of the higher population, it's simply not fun anymore hence why I've not had an active subscription for a very very long time and when I have subscribed I always end up logging in seeing nothing interesting and I immediately log out - maybe once per two weeks.
    I will definitely be a returning player but not until population is higher, until then I will just be monitoring this board and ocasionally post in some interesting thread.
    Word. Even though SoldierZ is active these days, I don't find the game attractive to return to at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusty
    Word. Even though SoldierZ is active these days, I don't find the game attractive to return to at the moment.

soldierz and active arent 2 words that go together from what ive seen mate sorry. it only seems like it was a few months ago when they came back zerged everyone pretended to own the server and dissappeared in a poof of smoke. soldierz to me was the prototypical bandwagon clan. everyone got on when it rolled and when the wheel fell off everyone else did the same. i havent seen any one of them for ages. and its not like i miss technine LOL.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

And then make a good cinematic trailer and start advertising NC? In this day and age of grindfests and WoW clones, im sure quite a few people would find our game here a very welcome change of pace.
    You mean like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-KKhtFv4HA

But no, I completely agree, advertising works and it brings new players to the game, I know this because I only came to this game a few months ago after seeing the game advertised through xfire (the developers chat thing). And that video deffinately made me want to play the game even more.

Neocron was my first MMO experience and I love it, i've tried other mmos but it really is a complete grindfest. I want to see neocron get a larger and larger population, I wanst around for the NC1 days and I think it would be great randomly meeting people in viarosso/outzone (let alone the wastes) and all the sectors that go largely unused.

i REALLY do not often do these things, but i hope to make this more of a discussion than just one of my rants.

Now we all know that recently NCs population has not been anywhere wonderful, and been out-right kinda low. I dont know about you guys, but when i look back at NC1, i enjoyed that because you could run damn near anywhere and find an ally to help you (That wouldnt turn around and FUCKING SHOOT YOU, but my issues with Ally Pking are for another thread) And just as you would find that one ally in the middle of nowhere, you would shortly find that one or two enemies as well.

Now, i would like you all to look back at NC1 and think about why you enjoyed it, then post here. I Know that a major problem is going to be Netcode, but we all know netcode sucks at the moment. Id like to hear why you guys enjoyed it.

Now, onto the reason for my thread title.
    How hard is it to spend a month polishing the game up a little bit for the more commercial players (At the moment...its not-so-polished and caters to the die-hards) And then make a good cinematic trailer and start advertising NC? In this day and age of grindfests and WoW clones, im sure quite a few people would find our game here a very welcome change of pace.

Aside from KK advertising, which probably won't happen, if any people are real good at making fraps videos etc that make neocron look excellent ( as it is) but more in detail and could sum up the game in a page or so, or even more heck, and spread the videos all over the place, I think it's up to us to advertise at this point... it's been 5 years and definately could use some advertising .... one good site to pass along may be that techaven.org or whatever the link is.. also all the gaming sites that give and show reviews etc, other gaming forums etc etc... could do with a slap of neocron! Cheers NC!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaction77
    You mean like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-KKhtFv4HA

But no, I completely agree, advertising works and it brings new players to the game, I know this because I only came to this game a few months ago after seeing the game advertised through xfire (the developers chat thing). And that video deffinately made me want to play the game even more.

Neocron was my first MMO experience and I love it, i've tried other mmos but it really is a complete grindfest. I want to see neocron get a larger and larger population, I wanst around for the NC1 days and I think it would be great randomly meeting people in viarosso/outzone (let alone the wastes) and all the sectors that go largely unused.
    Thanks! I'm gunna pass that around! More people who try to show other people may make pop increase at least 1! =)

Default Hehe

And I wish that video would still be the truth and not lies.

There is no way you can do the video again with the current gameplay (try to face 6 firemobs, try to use a bomber to kill things, try to use a holy lightning @ 105/min like the one we see in the video

The good old times ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphin[69]
    And I wish that video would still be the truth and not lies.

There is no way you can do the video again with the current gameplay (try to face 6 firemobs, try to use a bomber to kill things, try to use a holy lightning @ 105/min like the one we see in the video

The good old times ^^
    I can remeber when that patch comes out, the first thing we said on Vent was Krinahk is gunna be pissed

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doomstamp
    Aside from KK advertising, which probably won't happen, if any people are real good at making fraps videos etc that make neocron look excellent ( as it is) but more in detail and could sum up the game in a page or so, or even more heck, and spread the videos all over the place, I think it's up to us to advertise at this point... it's been 5 years and definately could use some advertising .... one good site to pass along may be that techaven.org or whatever the link is.. also all the gaming sites that give and show reviews etc, other gaming forums etc etc... could do with a slap of neocron! Cheers NC!

Shameless self plug - http://neocron.linxsoft.co.uk big pile of Neocron videos, all by me, some better than others. Also check out http://www.neocronsource.com - especially the SWAT final and Gazette production.

Apoc - you really can't polish Neocron for mass appeal. Its a very complex game with minimal explanation and prone to crashing. You fix a lot of the little issues, smooth out the learning curve - and most people are still going to run away from it either because of the numerous bugs, or getting owned in their first bits of PvP.

Whatever they do I think it is pointless spending even more money on advertising. They have done that several times over the years (no more elves etc), yet due to the buggy nature of the game barely any people who try it stay and play.
    Nullvoid // The Provider

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast