Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Account not active yet Jason Parker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    What is german for "owned" because I think to be fair that sums up this post nicely.
    There's no real german synonym for "owned" in this meaning (at least not to my knowledge,). We use the english word, too.
    In a sentence it would be something like this:

I owned you. - Ich hab dich geowned.

But to be honest i think it sounds retarted mixing german with english so I'd just say OWNED.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Parker
    There's no real german synonym for "owned" in this meaning (at least not to my knowledge,).
    I'll own you -- Ich ich werde dich kriegen / Ich werde dich bekommen
    I owned him -- Den habe ich gekriegt / Den habe ich bekommen

Not as "kewl", but actually it's pretty much the translation with the same meaning.
    Siege erzeugen Reden, Niederlagen Ausreden. (Dr Carl Peter Fröhling)
    Desperate Programmers - Zum Verzweifeln
    Construction Recipes | The base prize of items | Resistances

Yes that's a pretty close translation.

"Ich war dir weit überlegen" -"I owned you" catches the meaning yet better i think, but there's no german word that could be taken as a 1:1 translation.

Yes that's a pretty close translation.

"Ich war dir weit überlegen" -"I owned you" catches the meaning yet better i think, but there's no german word that could be taken as a 1:1 translation.

max im including you in this one too but thank you very much for that "German 101" lesson
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

*puts his feet up and lets the German mods take over*

Triv
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

And if it's my opinion that......... .
    Quite correct - its YOUR opinion, and the rest of your phrases (most, i believe that....etc etc) is nothing more than the (wellknown) fancy trick, should say trial to be suggestive - look, i know what MOST people want. Maybe you are as right with your beliefs as you where when you praised the glory achievements of Evolution 2.2 ?

If all else fails, we can resort to the following insults:

Du bist ein berliner, and

Du habst gepont.
    Black Prophecron! You know it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED
    ... i know what MOST people want ...
    *g* going on with suggestions: what were I saying before about you acting like the almighty himself?
    Hmm or maybe this answer: So you are most people?

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED
    Maybe you are as right with your beliefs as you where when you praised the glory achievements of Evolution 2.2 ?
    What does the holy bible say? "The one who's free of guilt, shall throw the first stone" or something ike that isn't it? As long as you keep up being so hostile (I mean that sneaky attacks between the lines) people will go on to rather listen to my "suggestive lies" (as you would put) instead of listening to you, or bulding their own opinion based upon two different views on the topic, because you sound like a pissed of baby that's been taken away it's lolly pop.

And to just say this once, in the hope you finaly get it, your sleasy comments against me and especialy nabbl are so pathetic and unfair. Maybe that our positive statements about 2.2 could, but only could have influenced KK to put 2.2 out too early, but I doubt that nabbl or me are that charismatic.
    And with your ongoing speech, that it was our fault that 2.2 is so messed up you are making it a bit too easy for yourself. You know as well as me, that me and nabbl aswell critisiced a lot of things on 2.2, reported a lot of bugs and also where among the first people to tell KK it's a fault to release 2.2 in the state it was.

Nevertheless it's true that I said the direction that was taken with 2.2 was completely right and there were a lot of good things in it. And that still is my opinion, that's one of the causes I'm so pissed that KK once again did not take it to a good end and thus almost completely stopped contributing to the balancing discussions.

So I'd appreciate it if you'd stop attacking me, and trying to let me look like I was responsible for false decisions taken by KK. To say it again the way you act is so pathetic.
    Last edited by Jason Parker; 19-10-07 at 17:43.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Calm it down, guys.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Calm it down, guys.

N
    I'm not the one who started it, neither I am provocative. Just saying things that, I feel, need to be said. And i think it's almost adorable how nice and calm I'm staying facing such provocation and hostility. Hmm maybe it's not that adorable finally we are civilised, aren't we?

And i think it's almost adorable how nice and calm I'm staying facing such provocation and hostility. Hmm maybe it's not that adorable finally we are civilised, aren't we?
    Maybe you'd better have contented yourself with that answer, would have saved everyone's time... beginning with yours

i think its cute when ppl get all riled up hehe. should just calm down dudes just think to yourself that people who stood to imature insults r usually 12 year old kids. and if they turn around and say *no im 26* you can just think wow that is 1 sad basterd getting so worked up over a games forum lol
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

There's a situation in NC? I haven't logged in for a few months (well, once with the 24" LCD, but that was just to see a 1920x1200 HUD).

I'm getting a 20" LCD to tide me over until the gaming box's 24" I ordered arrives on the market. The 20" shows up this week, so I'll get back to whittling away at leveling and resource acquisition. After I got the 24" I just couldn't go back to squinting at the 19" CRT, but I need two displays to play so... had to wait. :-)

Oh yeah, no server merge, engine needs an overhaul or KK has to come to terms with what the engine can't do, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678