Theres just no justifaction for the new mobs health and resitance.

A game is supposed to be FUN!! Crouching down and shooting the same mob 480 times while it floats in circles moaning is NOT fun, it requires hardly any skill on my part and not much concentration either unlike 2.1 which was much funner and even harder because you would always go close to mobs and look for cover don't ask my why its just something no one does anymore.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh
    Im sorry? What do you mean by going too far? Have I posted anything offensive Im only making constructive critisicm after all if its not constructive I am contradicting the reason Im actually on the forums so often since 2.2 was implemented.
    By going too far I mean posting insults. You've made your point (looks at hatmankh's post count) 62 times now, and that's fair enough because you obviously feel strongly about it, but leave the insults out.

N
    /edit - make that 63 now.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Hmmm I don't remember insulting anyone do you think you could tell me how I did that?

As for the reason why I am posting soo often, thats because the game is in an unplayable state for me so I might as well watch the forums just incase the developers finally sit down and play the game they made and then they might see what I mean.

Anarchy activist Logan_storm_03's Avatar

You are borderline trolling a subject in my opinion...

Plus I think you are blowing the problem waaay out of context. Sure the Aggies are overkill. But the rest seems fine. maybe your character just sucks arse.
    Max Hack - Belt fiend.
    H@rD W@ng - Co-leader

I have already clearly said I can easily kill cyclops launchers and other mobs but its no longer fun because it takes them ages to die, its not a problem with my character. I have a HC gentank with all the points in the right places.
    Its also not trolling because I am not starting new threads all the time, I am only posting in ones which do have something to do with the subject and I am eager to find out every ones opinion. This forum should have a poll option that would show how much people want PVE made better.

Remember its not harder to PVE its just more tedious and wastes more ammo and time making the entire fights boring and its supposed to be the fun part of the game.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

I sort of agree here. It's time consuming to kill those mobs. Why did Reakktor add more HP/resists to mobs, why should it take any longer to kill mobs?
    Is this the same marketing trick Blizzard did with World of warcraft?; Slowdown the leveling process to prevent people from leveling too quickly so they end up playing longer which means more money.

I don't know.. I'm up for hard mobs and all that, but too many mobs are way to strong. I really love the idea of having a team bashing really tough mobs to pieces but as it is now it's pretty hard to get anywhere without a team, or so it feels.

Yeah I know, the game is still being balanced, I hope it'll end up good!
    /Rob

Do you know that mobs have armour now? In the past they just had a big pot of HP and the damage you did was purely a function of your skills and your weapon.

That's not the case anymore. Most mobs have armour that now makes them much more resistant to certain damage types, so the key is to experiment. Have you tried using different weapons?

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I'd like to know why they added armor, the HP system before was fine - all you had to do to balance mobs vs weapons was to add more HP...

Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

I'm actually enjoying this whole armour thing atm. Cudn't say why exactly, just seems to give PvE a bit more of an edge/realism perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Anarchy activist Logan_storm_03's Avatar

Yeah the armour is good. You actually have to learn about what you are hunting. I personly can kill a WB in around a minute with my spy with the right weapon/ammo.

Maybe with 30 seconds if I just my SH.
    Max Hack - Belt fiend.
    H@rD W@ng - Co-leader

Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

I Find the same with my pistol-spy. 62/49 TT epic pistol with flazer ammo starts off taking two lots of 68 dmg, and ends up taking 2 lots of 115 dmg. Usually takes about a minute or so to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    @hatmankh - PvE is something that is now trivially easy to tune (whereas previously you couldn't tune one factor without it messing up half a dozen more). Have a bit of patience and please provide as much real information as possible in the balancing forum. If there's a problem there we will address it.

N
    If it is in fact so "easy to tune", could you please "tune it" (pve) to allow LE'd Driver and droners to do dmg? You said yourself It is trivial. Good patch though guys, just needs a lil bit more "trivial tuning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    If it is in fact so "easy to tune", could you please "tune it" (pve) to allow LE'd Driver and droners to do dmg? You said yourself It is trivial. Good patch though guys, just needs a lil bit more "trivial tuning"
    That's not tuning. That's a bug that needs to be fixed. I don't fear your mighty roundhouse.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

the myth and the concept Richard Slade's Avatar

Nid, your post count seriously increases by 1,000+ every time I check this forum...
    Friggin spammer...

And, ya, thanks for 2.2, it's leet and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    If it was bland and politically correct it would be utter crap.

Not quiet sure what to make of 2.2, seems alot is broken atm which is a shame . I will retry in a week to see if anything has changed cause as of now it just realy aint worth it .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast