Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you can make imps repairable with no setbacks to the imp once its been repaired, I'd say almost any option would work. Otherwise, option 1. I do agree that the amount of penalty should be reduced if any of options 2-4 are used. Keep in mind the server pop, as it is now a pain in the rear to find an implanter, much less needing to find an implanter, researcher, constructor, and repairer... gee, anyone feel like playing for 5 days just to get your imps in and then die again?

As for armor slots... interesting, but that would work best if armor had a set # of slots (higher TL armor gives higher slots, with a max of 5 slots) was given a base % for one or more resists (higher TL armor gives higher base resists or more/different types per class,) and then slots would give additional % resists, so people could customize their armor a bit more (one has a poison belt that gives a small fire resist, and another has a poison belt that gives a small ener resist, and another has a poison belt that gives a small extra poison resist, etc.)
    The bonus per slot should be very low, only another 1-2% per slot so as to not be overpowering, but still useful for those going all out. People would have mutliple sets of pet armor.
    A side possibility to that is to make armor slots able to be taken out or simply replaced over. This would repair the armor slightly, too, without lowering the armor's condition (minimally, about 1-2%, so as to not make repairers useless.) Also, armor would have to be easy to build, find parts for, research, and repair, otherwise it gets crazy to even try using anything but basic armor for those of us who don't play 16 hours a day

Remeber, the secret to having a successful MMORPG is in the players' fun level. Do what most MMORPGs fail miserably at: keep things difficult enough that there's some point in playing and some reward for doing well, but don't make it such a levelling grind/item hunting grind that playing becomes tedious and boring. NC's got the content, setting, and system of a great MMORPG, but it may slip into those faults if things are overdone and the system gets so complex and convoluted that it takes a mathematician to figure out how to use an imp or gun. (BTW, I believe caps for items/guns/damage/etc. should be posted by KK, not some hidden facts that players have to guess at and refigure every time theres a patch.)
    Last edited by jonus; 08-02-07 at 00:57.
    I R Genius