Thread: PPU Discussion

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Why so much empty words? PPUs are ok as they are. Those shoud be desatvantaged, who dont have their PPUs ;0

Quote Originally Posted by kg-ua
    Why so much empty words? PPUs are ok as they are. Those shoud be desatvantaged, who dont have their PPUs ;0
    EDIT::: I almost gave this a coherent response

Account not active yet

lol registered just to come defend PPUs :P

must have heard in game you might not be able to kill anybody once the next patch comes around..

ppus are improtant =] there just a lil over powerd taking 0 def to invincable def
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

Just so this isn't missed out: SD will never be balanced while it works on a certain percentage (at least not with heals)

My main was a ppu through most of neocron...and I'll be the first to say that they ruined this game single handedly. Remove them please. Remove parashock. Game balance and ppu do not go together. I'm "shocked" that parashock has remained in the game this long even. It seems that there have been so many damn drugs and spells made to try and counter fight a PPU (Drugs, anti-buff spells,drugs, drones). Balance this game already. Make it fun again and we will come back in droves. You are losing touch with your players by keeping it in. PLEASE REMOVE PPU PLEASE REMOVE PARA, they only hurt this game, there is nothing good that comes out of them. And you PPUs that are coming on here and defending yourselves don't have a damn clue about how detrimental the ppu class has been to this game.
    u fucking w/me u fucking with a P.I.M.P

dude if you remove the ppu you would have to remove apus and then you hav shit loads of hybs running everywhere but i do agree with the para but dont remove it just low it so it doesnt slow you down that much

Napper: think before you post. If you remove ppus and their spells, you wouldn't have hybrids walking around. You would not have to remove apus. And why is everyone so hell bent over keeping parashock in, do you remember the days when it wasn't around?!?!?! It was great! Remember when uber heals weren't around? It was great! The world was more dangerous. You had to chose your battles wisely...now you can run into insane odds and not sweat for a second cause of ppu support. Lame.
    Last edited by bounty; 20-09-06 at 14:27.

PPUs in general:

As ppus cant deal damage they should be invincible by solo enemys and hard to kill by teams.

Foreign Casts:

I agree with the SD being decreased and the idea of stacking paras aslong as the para doesnt exceed the current maximum.

Self Casts:

I agree with what was said here. PPU self buffs seem pretty balanced with current weapons but this might need to be changed after the balancing along with weapon damage changes.

"Shit Buffs":

Im divided on this one, on one hand if your a good ppu this isnt a problem to begin with however I HATE people noob buffing me

Neural Overload:

This is the one im most concerned about.
    Firstly it would create a problem with HAB, for it to affect people with ppu buttplugs the level of neural overload would have to be set so that with a couple of antibuffs and rebuffs a player would have so much of whatever the effect from overload will be they will drop like a sack.
    Secondly basing it on con and endurance doesnt seem a good idea. Youd just end up with tanks (with lots of con points) having a ppu permantly up there a*** and even tho after the balancing they wont be able to do as much damage theyd be nigh on invincible and apus with low con unable to recieve buffs and since they cant buff themselfes just dieing.
    Last edited by cgotheridge; 20-09-06 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by cgotheridge
    PPUs in general:

As ppus cant deal damage they should be invincible by solo enemys and hard to kill by teams.
    it's pretty easy to skill a ppu that can capp a tl 30 sthing assault rifle or pumpgun, so it's absolute bullshit that all ppus claim they are not able to deal damage they are just reluctant to skill anything else than agility in dex as the greater runspeed gives them better defense in team fights.

besides even if they couldn't deal damage they still can rezz someone that can, they can hack ops and a normal solo stealther doesn't have a chance to sneak past the security and kill em while hacking which is pretty easy with spy or pe hackers.

so stop whining that you're defenseless, but skill a weapon or just run away when your dd's are dead. the latter option is sthing you almost always have, even when fighting a team

Quote Originally Posted by cgotheridge
    Neural Overload:

This is the one im most concerned about.
    Firstly it would create a problem with HAB, for it to affect people with ppu buttplugs the level of neural overload would have to be set so that with a couple of antibuffs and rebuffs a player would have so much of whatever the effect from overload will be they will drop like a sack.
    Secondly basing it on con and endurance doesnt seem a good idea. Youd just end up with tanks (with lots of con points) having a ppu permantly up there a*** and even tho after the balancing they wont be able to do as much damage theyd be nigh on invincible and apus with low con unable to recieve buffs and since they cant buff themselfes just dieing.
    kk already said that's not gonna be introduced

Quote Originally Posted by bounty
    Napper: think before you post. If you remove ppus and their spells, you wouldn't have hybrids walking around. You would not have to remove apus. And why is everyone so hell bent over keeping parashock in, do you remember the days when it wasn't around?!?!?! It was great! Remember when uber heals weren't around? It was great! The world was more dangerous. You had to chose your battles wisely...now you can run into insane odds and not sweat for a second cause of ppu support. Lame.

You think if they remove ppus you wouldn’t be able to play apu cos how the fuck is a apu suppose to buff him self up he would have very little defenses to any attacking force that he happen to come across they would be no more monks at op wars witch is a good thing (tankocron) plus I think that if you do remove the ppus with all the spells they be a lot of gring to be done with no rezz. How can you say remove the ppu with all its spells that's fuck up tbh.

So you need to think befor you post bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    You think if they remove ppus you wouldn’t be able to play apu cos how the fuck is a apu suppose to buff him self up he would have very little defenses to any attacking force that he happen to come across they would be no more monks at op wars witch is a good thing (tankocron) plus I think that if you do remove the ppus with all the spells they be a lot of gring to be done with no rezz. How can you say remove the ppu with all its spells that's fuck up tbh.

So you need to think befor you post bollocks.
    Again, you show your ignorance and lack of knowledge. Plenty of apus can hold their own against other players without buffs. You do realize that during beta and early neocron days there were hardly any pure PPUs around. The whole point is that they didn't have very many defenses but could dish out tons of damage. Go read the point of every class and then come back here and post something that shows you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

ok you have me on that one but they wouldnt be able to fight soloif they did they wouldnt be able to last along time cos of heals ect

But what about that what you said about getting rid of the ppu spells thats crap you have to admit cos what about lvling a apu would be very very very hard dont you think?
    Last edited by NAPPER; 21-09-06 at 03:35.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    ok you have me on that one but they wouldnt be able to fight soloif they did they wouldnt be able to last along time cos of heals ect

But what about that what you said about getting rid of the ppu spells thats crap you have to admit cos what about lvling a apu would be very very very hard dont you think?
    na i only shoot stuf that dont shoot back =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

APUs do need to be solo viable. Buffs aren't such an issue, it's giving them some form of heal.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast