Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Trinidad & Tobago were defending with 8 players for nearly all of that game. It was just a matter of time before we broke them down. We didn't play as well as we can but that just means we'll get better as we go on. We didn't need injury time to win it either.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo
    Trinidad & Tobago were defending with 8 players for nearly all of that game. It was just a matter of time before we broke them down. We didn't play as well as we can but that just means we'll get better as we go on. We didn't need injury time to win it either.
    tbh, T&T was unexpected strong as well on the defense as on the offensive. There was a good chunk of luck involved in the last 10 mins. T&T had good chances to score

England were shite, they played into T&T's plan perfectly. They didn't break up their defences, they wasted time setting up passes and shots, all which just made T&T's defence all that easier, only towards the end did they realise that they had to bring the pace up.

We play either Germany or Ecuador in the next round. Can't say much about Ecuador, but I think Germany will spank us, even with their lack-lustre defence.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Played 2, won 2. Result? Crucifixion!

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Played 2, won 2. Result? Crucifixion!

N
    Absolutely!

If they keep playing like this we won't make it to the quarters, let alone the final.

Not that I had any hope in England from the start, they have the players, but not the team work.

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Today England were able to adapt to a playstyle that was equaling them.

After 60 minutes, Sven changed some stuff, and we started playing much better, and the game became exciting. We've always known that Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand and Owen are world class (and Carragher... but that's a different debate.) Today, Sven too played his part and showed that, (when he gets it right!) he's actually a fine tinkerman.

Had Crouch scored in the first half, and Gerrard scored in the second, then it would be all good. That is the nature of scoring goals - it's all about getting x chances and scoring a fraction of those chances. I don't care (maybe my cardiologist does) when those goals come, so long as they do, every 90 minutes... things that are statistical by nature do that kind of crap to us.

Quite the opposite of what happened against Paraguay, but yeah... ahem. Let's ignore that for now

It was good to see Gerrard finally get the measure of the new ball today too - he actually scored! I was thinking he was a little over-eager to score one of his trademark cannonball shots from outside the box, and kept on blasting them over - but if by doing that he'll score one every two games, hell, he can carry on for all I care!

T&T did well against Sweden, with 10 men. Sweden are certainly not a pushover. Doesn't that show T&T doing something right defensively? Yet England still scored two past them once they got their measure.

I was pleased by this result. Much more than the Paraguay result.

It's not all positives, but hell - that's what I'm concentrating on right now. Rose tinted glasses? You bet! This is the World Cup, what's wrong with that? All I'm doing is offering another way to look at this.

To all the nay-sayers, would you fear (uhoh, sorry KK) Germany, who got a goal in the last minutes of their last match?

If you believe that England played badly, then this is clichéd, but true - it's a hallmark of a good team when they play badly and still win. And we have qualified for the next stage with 33% of our games left.

Edit: 40th post, and a friend just told me that he'd like to create a mirror of a world cup final 40 years ago... it's an omen I tells ya!
    Last edited by StevenJ; 15-06-06 at 23:00.

T&T Defended very well, I give and respect them for that!

Still a 2-0 result for England, means we qualify for the next round.

Talking

Sweden won 1-0 against Paraguay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusty
    ya

Yeah, watched them both down the pub, both pretty good matches.

Although he scored, I still think Crouch is utter SHITE, the amount of perfect crosses Beckham put in that Crouch fucked up is dismal, and Lampard was a bit of a let down. John Terry on the other hand was worth his weight in gold, might as well have dropped the other 3 defenders

I'm still liking Lennon, I honestly think him, Ashley Cole and Rooney (maybe a bit of Owen, not exactly a fan) are going to decimate the German defence...
    Stercus Accidit

too bad theres only one game left for u guys

TnT ftw

I'm not sure of the average age of players here, but those who remember, cast your mind back 4 years and 8 years. France and Brazil were UTTER shit in the league section of the tournament. 'Tis the nature of things.

However, why on Earth that tall lanky twat is up front is beyond me. It's not about how tall he is, it's about a "sense" of the game. He doesn't have it, simple.

For my money, put Rooney and Owen on for 60 mins, see how it goes and where the openings are, then maybe sub one for Theo or Crouch to exploit the defense. But start with two players that have a clue ffs. (and Rooney not being match fit is a poor excuse, thats what the league portion is FOR).

Becks had one of those games where not much went right for him. Terry, as mentioned above was a class on his own.

p.s. The Argies are looking fucking good.

p.p.s Taking bets on Ecuador versus Germany being 0-0, England winning the group and getting to play Germany and losing in the next round?

Ecuador FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    We play either Germany or Ecuador in the next round. Can't say much about Ecuador, but I think Germany will spank us, even with their lack-lustre defence.

LOL. ok first off Ecuador havent actually conceded a goal and won by 2 nil and 3 nil if im not mistaken. They beat poland 2 nil and costa rica 3 nil.

Germany spanked costa rica but let 2 goals in then couldnt score in a brothel vs poland. Ok the polish keeper was nothing short of superb but they had to throw everything in to it to get that goal to take the win.

Having watched all the group a games i would rather england face germany and peter crouch either stop trying to be a flash bastard and just play within himself or we play owen and rooney up front than we play ecuador with any squad.

My girlfriend is german and she is disgusted the way they are playing at the moment. All her friends are the same. they started hopefully with a 4-2 spanking but then when it came to the crunch they took way too long to put poland away for good.

Im not gonna even go in to england as to me they need to REALLY REALLY sort their game plan out. we have stars on that team that arent acting like it while others languish on the bench. its about time they all pulled together and start acting like it. enough said.

ps. Hi everyone. World cup fever has me.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Italy 1 - 1 USA

USA deserved to win against Italy. (i was as shocked as the next man)
    The first half they really got at them, the italians didnt know what had happened. The USA's keeper did a fantastic job and they even scored a goal which was disallowed for offside. I missed the replay of it tho, was it a good decision by the ref?
    Was still a good game to watch even tho it was kinda spoilt by the 2 red cards.

Italy really need to raise their game in the next round.
    Althought the same can be said for alot of the teams this year.

Brazil play tonight with lazy ronaldo
    Last edited by RusSki; 18-06-06 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    lol, just lol. I mean, really LOL. If there was a case bigger than upper case, i'd be typing LOL in it now.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast