Default Bugged holy Lightning

Righto - Today i was in ind a, testing the amoun of holy Lighnings Crazy- Can take, Without a running tl10 heal he takes about 30-70 dmg per it (only 430%dm hl), BUT, with a running tl10 heal i can shoot him 4-5 times and he takes 0 dmg, in one occasion i shot him 6 times and 7 popped of his head, 7* 30 = 210, so a tl10 healing at least 210points per tick, i dont think so

Is this a new bug, or a fucked old fucked.

Coz this reallly sucks, i lommed to APU, to be outhealed by a dam tl10 heal! ARG!

- PS Also happend a little with Flam qeen - Not as much tho

That's Crazy for ya TBH..

But on a more serious note, I've never had this happen to me before. My PE can take (I think) quite a few more HLs than quite a few other PEs I've seen (probably got a total shit resist for something else though) so I'm lost

Anyone else experienced this?

im gonna try it again tomorrow using a diff APU, and a diff PE

I recommend this thread is directed towards discussing how amazing my defense setup is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantho
    Righto - Today i was in ind a, testing the amoun of holy Lighnings Crazy- Can take, Without a running tl10 heal he takes about 30-70 dmg per it (only 430%dm hl), BUT, with a running tl10 heal i can shoot him 4-5 times and he takes 0 dmg, in one occasion i shot him 6 times and 7 popped of his head, 7* 30 = 210, so a tl10 healing at least 210points per tick, i dont think so

Is this a new bug, or a fucked old fucked.

Coz this reallly sucks, i lommed to APU, to be outhealed by a dam tl10 heal! ARG!

- PS Also happend a little with Flam qeen - Not as much tho
    heh well this is an old bug that HAS happeend way long time ago in NC1. back then the rof on HL and other apu spells were "too high" in that the server dont register it when too much stuff is going on to that same target; i.e. ur heal situation. then the server only reads one hit for every 2 or 3 that u make; sometimes u can be sitting there (this can be best tested on mobs) spamming HLs on a mob and see 600 dmg pop off yet the mob is only down 1/3 hp (even when with SLOWER dmg tests u know they have ~700 hp tops; im referring to aggies btw).

ofcourse another offshoot of this issue ur having might just be the stupid lower bound of ur HL; im assuming crazy has 83%-85% energy resist with shelt on; so take the number shown in ur infobox (assuming u still have that stat showing; it goes away if u try to "reload" ur spell) ex. say 1000 energy and do the following: 1000*0.5(player dmg mod by 50% stat)*0.15(this is remaining dmg unresisted by crazy's 85%) = 75 dmg taken, which should be the average dmg the target takes; since ur HL is only 430%ish, its more like
    630 or so, which would give average dmg taken to be ~48; and since u reported hitting him 30 lows to 70 highs, the average is pretty close to wut i predict.

now the random dmg/lower bound issue is more annoying; i've noticed it fluctuates around plus or minus 25% to 30% of the average dmg taken; so in that case if u were jsut that unlucky (and believe me its happened to me before) u will be hitting him for nearly nothing if he has a heal running; as tl10 heals u for around 125-150 for a full cast over roughly 15 seconds or 10 hp per sec; and with lag and everything ur looking at almost 30 dmg healed everytime u cast. and if ur hitting all lowball then yes u will do essentially 0 dmg to him.
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

but even with the ias u provided, even if i hit him with the low end of the spell, and ony 1/4 registered while the heal was on, shurly this shouldnt have only bee 7dmg

u only see 7 tick off on ur side; but on his side it may have been mroe. i.e. watching someone heal themself and reading off ticks isnt the best way of doing it because the server to client language dunt seperate things that well. if a ppu heals self for 20 dmg a tick; u see more like 30-60 cuz of lag, etc. for the info to get to u. thats why for heal tests i always look at how much is healed after the cast runs dry then divide by total time the cast was in effect (15 secs for heals).

but yeah i think its probably lag issues u have there. Theres only so much u can do for a PE's resist setup and im 90% certain that it was just lag or something fucking up ur readings. (btw i say 90% cuz im above the 90% percentile in making leet setups wit hthe rest 10% being unknown =D)
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Pantho ill volunteer to be a target- i know with a DB i can take about 5 HLs (have 32 hp after the fourth) and about 5-8 without a DB (with no heal running)
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 16-03-06 at 09:03. Reason: Harassment

haha.. now you know what its like for non-monks
    Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Just sing sofly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.