Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    If anything, APUs solo are almost underpowered with no heal. Though if there is an APU heal/PPU reqs are removed from tl3, apu dmg might have to come down.

dude tbh dont need a heal, solo apu's are fine wth medkits.
    At least i think so

SiL ..:..

Clipping at OP wars.

I have yet to hear a convincing argument for why monks should not have an aiming reticule.

I had some amazing fraps footage of eric c**** clipping around a pillar in tezla for 15 minutes and hardly ever getting outside of it.

Casius / lore

fix da netcode and now well tank ppu tean is as goos as apu ppu team tbh

Give monks a cast time that has to be maintained on the target in order to cast the spell, then it means HL can't be spammed, and requires the monk to be able to aim. Changing targets shouldn't stop the cast time, provided that there isn't an interval of no targetting. So if you are in a group of people, the monk can hit the person next to their target if they move straight between hitboxes.

Would reduce spamming spells, and hopefully reduce the chance of someone being killed through a wall as the monk would lose the target when they glided through/around it.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    I had some amazing fraps footage of eric c**** clipping around a pillar in tezla for 15 minutes and hardly ever getting outside of it.
    i think that a different set of rules apply to eric since he regularly warps 500m across the map

*BURNER

Quote Originally Posted by Morganth
    Give monks a cast time that has to be maintained on the target in order to cast the spell, then it means HL can't be spammed, and requires the monk to be able to aim. Changing targets shouldn't stop the cast time, provided that there isn't an interval of no targetting. So if you are in a group of people, the monk can hit the person next to their target if they move straight between hitboxes.
    u mean alike pistol aiming? i would give it a try
    i miss ya, pheebz

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramanga
    Clipping at OP wars.

I have yet to hear a convincing argument for why monks should not have an aiming reticule.
    my favourite two arguments are

- it's MAGIC, and you don't have to aim MAGIC
    - we need no-aim apu monkeys so people without skill can play neocron as well

give apus a reticule already! and remove all freeze weapons from the game while you're at it, and neocron will have something that could be called balance, together with the 'adjusted' heals.

edit: whoever says apus are underpowered solo has never fought a good one. psi armor is one of the best (if not the best) ingame (my PE wears fucking tl32 boots because of that), and they do massive damage. they are everything but underpowered.
    Last edited by John Wu; 13-03-06 at 16:16.
    I'm Rick James, Bitch!

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

For a start i'd be more than happy with making spells require LoS LIKE EVERY OTHER DAMN WEAPON.

That would already help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by netster
    u mean alike pistol aiming? i would give it a try
    Yeah, because then it requires a degree of accuracy, and would also allow for server side checks to be added for line of sight (simple location comparisons based on where players are in relation to the map, purely server side though, or people will just swap files and exploit it ). This would stop people moaning about dying whilst clipping an object, or dying in another room because the monk has spammed so many HLs that not all of them have finished hitting until they've left. In fact, it'd also stop monks that exploit the lack of LoS for killing mobs by pulling them to the edge of a building, like the DoY bots in El Farid in NC1.

if you give monks los then you need to make spells cast when you click, and have a cooldown, not cast after a specific amount of time, other than that, who gives a shit about a reticle, I know I hardly notice a difference. Its the los.

Quote Originally Posted by onero S
    if you give monks los then you need to make spells cast when you click, and have a cooldown, not cast after a specific amount of time, other than that, who gives a shit about a reticle, I know I hardly notice a difference. Its the los.
    definitely... part of the reason why there IS no los is because with the current way spells r cast, we will never hit anyone who runs around behind and out from things if we had LOS req...

but ok more on topic would be that if u want to give monks reticle then give us (and tanks) 5 second stealth (half PE stealth). Why? spies and pes which can be setup to do very sexy dmg has reticles but also can stealth away when shit goes bad... whereas with apus all we get is a trip to the gr if shit goes bad (and did i mention? apus CANT heal NOR s/d!)

so yeah give apus and tanks a 5 sec stealth with reqs (like apu stealth should be 130 APU points so limits hybs kinda like the whole PA3 thing; and the tank stealth would have a HC/MC req or something... or just a class req cuz tanks need luv)
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

fuck that, apu's and tanks dont need a stealth.

SiL ..:..

Quote Originally Posted by SorkZmok
    For a start i'd be more than happy with making spells require LoS LIKE EVERY OTHER DAMN WEAPON.

That would already help a lot.
    Seeings as we have scenery in game this would make perfect sense.
    I vote leaving MC tanks without a reticule due to the range issue, however droners are a different kettle of fish entirely. They don't have a reticule do they? Or is that not an issue due to the way they operate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12