Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

I thought resists were calculated clientside as well? afaik healthjumping exists because client and server couldn't agree on wether the mob hit you or not. Might be an object in the way serverside but infact, the barrel is far to the left thus the mob could hit you on your screen but server says there was a barrel in the way and your health jumps back, because we all know, server > you. This also explains why you can lose health behind objects and hills even if the mobs could in no way hit you clientside.
    /Rob

That alone does not explain it, because I also had the health yo-yo in situations without obstacles between the mob and me. Most clearly, it showed up in the "hunt the elves" event a few weeks ago.
    I got there with my mid-level PPU and tried to "tank" a high lvl elf chick. No obstacles between me and the elf, no heavy maneuvring to evade shots. My health went up and down a few times like crazy, then it was over.
    Ingame: Schneeflittchen (Mars), Evilynne, Shredder and Rabiator on Terra

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Did you crouch/run around like a maniac?
    /Rob

1. Psi shield. Well, no resists are applied to the dammage taken so one HL will clear all your mana. Tried it in duels, it does NOT work well.

2. Less dammage when near dead, only aplies to certain weapons, like judge and cs, and is related to where you shoot at his body.

3. Slower heal when almost back to health. Try this: Shoot someone's head, chest and legs, let him heal. Then shoot only his head three times and let him heal. You'll notice what's going on.

4. Health bouncing back to full. When you get hit for massive dammage, way beyond death, the server counts that as an error and it will jump all back.
    Best way to test this is take a doy carrier, put some people in there, a few o/2's a midlevel char with about 200 health and a capped char. All jump out at max altitude. The mid level char probably dies. The others get full health back after 1-2 secs.

5. Jojo effect. Seems to do it more with force based weapons.

6.Server trying to keep low health people alive in pvp, try doing all headshots.

I find for pvp, non-locational damage weapons work out best to finish ppl up (like RAV, Healing Light) then the locational one (CS,Judge)
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Roger Ramjet fanclub founder SorkZmok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kame
    I find for pvp, non-locational damage weapons work out best to finish ppl up (like RAV, Healing Light) then the locational one (CS,Judge)
    Yep. Because those don't do locational damage, they always hit for the same amount, regardless of health. With a low health target it might take you another clip from a CS to finally finish him where 2 bursts from a ravager would do the same.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SorkZmok
    Weird.
    na not realy.. if u use a cs to blow sumbodys arm of theres no poin keep shooting it if its been blown off. where as if u use a weapon to atack teh whole person at the same time then it would be more effective

=\ if u get my logic lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Gunny
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

Quote Originally Posted by ZoVoS
    na not realy.. if u use a cs to blow sumbodys arm of theres no poin keep shooting it if its been blown off. where as if u use a weapon to atack teh whole person at the same time then it would be more effective

=\ if u get my logic lol

but if you're shooting somone in the head, it should not become less effective as their head takes a beating

Not realy there's a lot of people that pvp without their heads

Not realy there's a lot of people that pvp without their heads
    if sumbody is a good aim im always pvping withough a head... although i prefere fighting my enemys withough legs (cs blasts to the legs )

im a tank my brains are in my ball's/muscles anyway
    "omg you noobkilling griefer drom, you've got overpowered runspeed with your 4 legs"

its called LAG.

Quote Originally Posted by unreal
    Code:
    Fixed damage ratio check for PvP combat. Players can now do up to 15%
    damage to another player without recieving a SL/FS hit. This should
    help with things like a single accidental hit against a teammate. This
    may solve the LE'd runners recieving the hit aswell.
    I never liked that patch note. It allows PPUs to parashock people without SL loss, unlike before. Lame, tbh.
    S e k h m e t

Yeah, that was from when people would be fighting off invasions comming out of pro city hq genreps. Aoe or stray shots made defenders go red sl all the time.

A bit obsolete and it was one of those days where ppus rejoiced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12