Default Suppose its my turn to have NC problems

NC now runs for about 2-3 minutes then crashes only its not just NC that crashes when it dies its taking my entire machine down to blue screen.

From what the MS built in error report tells me when i hard reboot the machine the HD's became locked for writing when NC crashed by attempting to access memory it shouldnt be and so fataling.

As it crashed it locks the drives write perms windows cant write to system

system crashes.

blue screen.

took a screenie of the bluescreen on my phone (lacking any other way of getting it) just gotta find my bluetooth adaptor now before i can upload it

i had the same effect. I used to run on dx9. I turned on dx7 and it was stable for 2-3 days
    then today, i crashed in teh regants area 2-3 times in a day... go figure

Mem leak anyone?

Aye I been crashing last night and have never crashed this many times in a long time, posting error logs if that helps, its seems to be the veg.

From my rudimentry understand of the log files neocrons having trouble locating some graphics and model files and is doing a nut.

And considering the models and graphics have just all been hiked over to new systems not suprising *bats it in the direct of one of the dev's* think this more your area than nids. We need the furry orange and black bunneh of doom, snowcrash

But why it has problems finding it ....

I'm no wiz at this crap but I think maybe due to memory leak, neocron is unable to load shit into the RAM or windows is using a part of memory neocron is trying to use.

can you make positive threads about NC?

not to be johnny raincloud here, but all I see is "NC is bugged" this, "NC crashes" that.

just wondering, not flaming.. just noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae Victis
    can you make positive threads about NC?

not to be johnny raincloud here, but all I see is "NC is bugged" this, "NC crashes" that.

just wondering, not flaming.. just noticed it.
    Posting the issues brings them to light - this seems to be a bit of an issue for me. My client has become a tad spastic of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    yes but with 10 more dex they will be xbow tanks i nealy had 60 million over cap in dex on my old tank and with the plus to dex they will be able to get a good damage on it. will they ????

I didnt say it wasnt a serious issue.
    and I understand why he makes a thread about it.
    but look at all the threads he made.. all is negative iirc, maybe 1 or 2 positives.

and I said I noticed it, wasnt flaming or shouting or ffsing or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae Victis
    I didnt say it wasnt a serious issue.
    and I understand why he makes a thread about it.
    but look at all the threads he made.. all is negative iirc, maybe 1 or 2 positives.

and I said I noticed it, wasnt flaming or shouting or ffsing or anything.
    Yep see - we ish all civilised in this 'ere place.

*Beats chest*

Hinch, when you said accessing memory that it shouldn't be, any particular area? so I might be on the lookout to see f there's somekind of match with mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER
    yes but with 10 more dex they will be xbow tanks i nealy had 60 million over cap in dex on my old tank and with the plus to dex they will be able to get a good damage on it. will they ????

I normally never have stability problems in NC thats why i'm quite bothered by this especially since this isnt just an NC crash.

its NC memory usage going nuts and that in turn is causing windows to lock up which in turn is big time wiping out my machine

without running nc from source through a runtime debugger and doing stack trace's on it i cant really tell whats happening though and i some how doubt Kk would give me the nc source to allow me to debug it properly for them

ofc what they get back may actually be a greatly enhanced stable product but thats besides the point

Looks like a paging file error where data that resides in the pagefile can't be loaded into memory

Try turning off the paging file

Depends if they hired you under an NDA or if they just handed it to you hinch. I'm sure if it was legally binding they wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hinch
    ofc what they get back may actually be a greatly enhanced stable product but thats besides the point
    And its probably besides the company mission statement

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I know it's trite but if you can't write a game as sophisticated and as complex as Neocron virtually on your own (and I'd tend not to believe you if you said you could) then you're not likely to be any more successful at debugging one either.

N
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Clicky for what the error mean

Just FYI. Kinda means that there could be allot of different problems. Probably something simple as it always is.

*edit* I would think its probably this : Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable. That might mean problems with drivers.
    Last edited by Dave_ThePe; 07-12-05 at 00:55.
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast