Thread: New Hud! Pls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by LTA
    Dont worry... if they see a screenie just remember that german guys excuse.
    dont think they can ban u as long as u say its not you who made the screenshot.

Would be great if they had a make a hud contest and people voted on lets say the best 3 or 4. those 3 or 4 they put in game. sort of like the color contest when they put all the different colors for huds in game. i dont see the harm.

I want longer stealth :(

I agree that KK should allow customisable graphical changes as long as it doesn't involve changing anything clientside that could be potentially exploitable. Maybe preset hud designs that could be accessed from a /set ctrl_renderhud command could be great. Currently, this command can be used with a 1 or 0 to turn the hud on and off, but setting it to 2, 3, 4, whatever would call up different designs.

I don't mind the current hud personally, but [HINT TO DEVS]LET US CHANGE THE GODDAM FONTS!![/HINT]
    NC1 fonts ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

the hud is OK when you run at like 1280x1024. just takes up so much space. i look at WoW and the UI of the game is almost completely customizeable. as long as KK has some sort of control over whats being changed i think differnt huds could ADD alot of positive to the game. rather than anyone who makes a custom hud be in fear of a ban because KK said it isnt allowed.

they sort of took this whole do not modify approach after they shut down the whole editing fourms after a few people posted that video. wont go further than that because were not allowed to discuss exploits ect.

Live in Hope, Die in Sync Selendor's Avatar

Oh god yes, I dare any KK employee to come on here and justify the new fonts you see in the rpos (and around runners) as being clearer or in any way better than the original Neocron 1 style.

There have been signs with this patch that KK are listening to things (factions, doy bots etc) so hopefully they will listen to this.

Font change and a "light" version of the HUD would be nice. Or just an "NC1 or NC2" hud option

Just worth noting, I'm not exactly sure where people have got this idea that it has suddenly become ok; modifying the RPOS is not permitted, and hasn't been since the start of NC2. This hasn't changed anywhere down the line, and I don't want to see any more discussion of illegal modifications.
    "Decent women are like Zargerus belts; if you're lucky enough to get your hands on one, chances are you don't meet the requirements."