I'm not gonna try to see through the eyes of the developers minds here, but I've been here since the first day of beta4 and I feel I have some noteworthy insight.

When I first started playing, I was completely overwhelmed. So much to learn: stats, weapons, equipment, tons of things to explore. There are still many places in Neocron that I have not ventured into and explored. (I still get lost in DOY as well). It was months and months before a capped monk was to be found on then pluto. People were experimenting with different setups and equipment. The road to being a capped player was long and truly epic. Getting a capped character was an accomplishment and getting that uber 5 slot rare was like winning the lotto for that brief moment.

Now, the game has evolved and people have learned the system and you can have a capped monk in less than 2 weeks and have the best equipment and weapons with capped stats in a very minimal amount of time put into it. I could be wrong, but I just don't think this was the vision of KK and there are certainly many reasons for this, that couldn't be covered in just one thread.

To get away from this, you need to create an environment that isn't static, or a environment that has no motion. The only aspect of WoW that I was borrowing was that they have created an always changing environment for their players and part of it is done by introducing new equipment, items, and ways for a player to customize their character. I feel that Neocron could benefit from some of these ideas. I'm not saying that you need to play 12 hours a day for 6 months to get these items like you do for some of them in other mmos, but hopefully with my example, some of you might have gained a better understanding of what I'm trying to get at. I apologize if my previous posts weren't on target to my point.