Hello everyone!

This will be a rather quick thread to discuss the levelling meta and more specifically Area of Effect (AoE) and Single target levelling methods in the game and why I think it's important to take another direction when it comes to the levelling experience in Neocron, especially for new comers. A few of the things I'll talk about, I'm not even sure how it truly works, feel free to correct me!

Here is a simple table of how it's done for now if you want to be effective:

PE AoE Drones
Spy AoE Drones
GenTank AoE Heavy
Monk AoE APU

Not fully aware of how the rare mini rocket pistol performs for levelling

The way I understand it is that XP gain is streamlined across the game. And my guess is that it has to do with

1. Tech level (TL) of your weapon
  2. Mob level
  3. Damage/sec or amount of mobs damaged

I don't know if this would even be technically possible in the game but I thought single target damage would be about 80 to 85% as effective as AoE for levelling stats (AoE needs to remain #1 in XP speed - a painful but faster way to max out your character). I do realise a lot of issues are centered around game performance or PvP, but one of Neocron's great strength is its replayability and class/profession choices, thus I feel it is important that a) New comers don't feel like their choice are just plain wrong in view of capping a character and b) Veterans get a new fun way to level up a character.

PPU XP could also be tuned to be better - Perhaps give more XP for amount of HP healed (I think this system is in the game right now but really low).

This would push not only weapon variety in PvE but also exploring around in various zones instead of the "hey, if you ain't doing AoE on 10+ mobs in Regant or Ceres labs, then you are doing it wrong".