IF you had a way for low level runners to fight with other low level runners around their level (or any level) with rewards but WITHOUT abusive mechanics then you would have a great game.

I think that if you gave low level runners cash to kill each other, enemies this is, normal rules apply for killing neutrals then you'd have a good incentive to kill others.

However developing this point further you could possibly add an XP bonus to killing ones enemies. Not a huge one and only in your main skill dependent on the level of the person/difference to yours perhaps.

This bonus however would not be paid if the level differences were too high/too low.
It would not be paid if the person had SI either.
It would not be paid to neutral or friendly factions.

The only 2 issues I can see with this is

A) All factions need the same amount of enemies. Black Dragon has lots currently and DRE has hardly any. This would avoid polarisation to certain factions.

B) open world PVP (Ganking to some people) needs to be HEAVILY penalised for killing people of much lower rank. Like TONNES higher than now in levelling zones/caves.

Battlefield sectors would need MORE pve in them to encourage runners to go there and level and also have the possibility of fighting in them.

Caves would probably need to be addressed - SL losses etc might be better as wasteland sectors so you can get the rewards and the pitfalls too.

However Net is right and Torg too. The weapons need to be more balanced first then it gives people a chance to fight back. Also you might want to think about extending the amount of time it takes to kill people. I know WOW uses instances to control levelling among groups within a range but obviously NC does not have those resources so working with what there is this might be the best way to do it.

I am all for making fights last longer. I know lots of people like to wait till you have hardly any health before they kill you but that is just a pitfall of not having the LE i guess.