Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
he doesn't have his weapon out, which is why he can outrun you. that's supposed to be the way tanks can heal up, as spies and pe's have stealth to get away.

the relative speed is good tbh, a non-weapon wielding, completely low tech tank should ALWAYS be able to outrun a hightech tank with his weapon out, else what would be the point of a low-tech tank?

as to the total speed (urs and his), I wouldn't mind if it slowed down a bit, but if clipping is fixed, and a server move can deal with people moving around again, the speed will drop down anyway with people speccing resists in lieu of clipping.

I know I sound very conservative, but I really believe balancing should be done intelligently and in increments, not change every single thing in one go, as noone can predict how a change like not being able to clip will affect gameplay when people get used to it. It's possible that speed needs to go down too, but please let's wait till we see what effect not being able to clip has, because I personally think not clipping will already make playing a tank incredibly hard, removing the speed as well might make him unplayable in opfights (tanks drop so incredibly fast if they can't clip.. and more than one person is focussing)
This is not about that this guy "outruns" me. It simply doesn't matter. The thing is that the whole pursuit could haven even worked with lower speed on both sides.
And I think the fun would have been higher.

This game is too fast. The server have their problems with it and the players have their problems with it. Why don't we adjust it ?