Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by BolognaTugboat View Post
    Nah, pc gaming is on fire and has been for years. So many great titles to play. There is absolutely no reason for a new gamer to play an old buggy game from 10-20 years ago. Its for the nostalgia, and that's it. You gotta target the original players.
    Dude, are you 16? Are you seriously just wowed by shiny new graphics and you can't wrap your head around a game with a great story? Or are you just here to troll. Seriously, go away. I'm sure the nc1 community doesn't want you around anyway.

I think this is a great idea, and I'm sure those guys can pull something off, nice to see development in NC either direction.

I'll politely disagree BolongaTugboat, and the reason why is because while you might have a great point about graphics and the nuances of PC gaming, I'd like to point out that one thing Neocron has that many of the other games today lack, is its atmosphere. In particular, Neocron does an excellent job portraying the cyberpunk dystopian future that many MMO's lack in today. With a combination of its classes, its interesting lore in the city and outside of it, and unique features like Hacknet, which I have not seen modern MMO's emulate, there's a lot of good solid bones in this game for niche markets. Roleplayers looking for this kind of setting, either something from say Cyberpunk, or the White Wolf style gaming systems, or Shadowrun, would find themselves fairly well at home in Neocron. There's also the people who enjoy vintage gaming, and you also have the markets of individuals looking for free games to play. Neocron also has a moderately small installation file, compared to modern offerings. While that may not sound too impressive to a modern gaming PC with multiple terabytes of storage, the small footprint won't detract from the game.

Many things are dated in Neocron, but they're working on it, which is wonderful! Its slow going, but with the right attention the game could make a nice, satisfactory comeback. I'm a little sad about the split though admittedly I don't know much about it, what I DO know is that there's definitely a schism between people who prefer the older gameplay pre-DoY and the offerings the team here gives us. I'm a huge hacknet nerd, I had been back when I started, and I really think that the right niches of gamers are looking for a game like Neocron, I've really not seen any mmo offerings that compete.

The only game I can compare NC to currently is probably Rust. On the surface they are vastly different I realise (minecraft with guns vs nc) but the rush I get from seeing another player and knowing I can kill them perhaps, or they can also kill me is what drives my gaming motivation.

These sort of encounters are missing in modern games, in one extreme direction you have CoD (sure everyone you see you shoot at) but in the other direction you have minecraft and the sims. Neocron fits perfectly in the middle because it COULD potentially cater to both crowds (perhaps not minecraft but certainly some other carebear games that RPers get their kicks from).

The game (in whatever format) needs to identify the USPs for both markets and capitalise on both of them. The PVPers want fights, a population that A) is unle'd and B) possibly wants to fight. The RP/PVE/LE'd/whatever else you want to call them crowd want bucket fulls of content to consume and RP around in. Some brave souls want both.

If NC can harness this potential and deliver it to the crowds, give them what they want and plenty of it, then it has a future regardless of the age of its gamers or its graphics.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Nakomi43 View Post
    Dude, are you 16? Are you seriously just wowed by shiny new graphics and you can't wrap your head around a game with a great story? Or are you just here to troll. Seriously, go away. I'm sure the nc1 community doesn't want you around anyway.

I think this is a great idea, and I'm sure those guys can pull something off, nice to see development in NC either direction.
    No, but if I was 16 I wouldn't be playing a 20 year old buggy game. Do you always have a cute little meltdown when someone presents the fact that neocron is a very small, niche, buggy old game?

I see the few dozen people who still are aware that neocron is a thing are full on delusional. If this game was the great atmospheric story of our generation it would have millions of players. Get real.

Want to know what the real difference between Neocron and Rust is?

Server Players Status
    Titan (View) 15 (1%) Online

RustStore | Hub
    Rust 24,819
    playing 10 min ago

But let me guess, those 15 players (or should I say 5 players with 3 accounts logged in each) for sure know something special that the 24,819 don't. Lol..holy smokes delusion

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345