Default League of Champions

Would people have interest in doing something like this? Instead of trying to work up massive events, instead have a weekly league that takes place and pits players against each other.

It would work as follows:

1) Players would sign up in this thread. Players are locked into this character once the season starts.

2) A day of the week would be set aside to host matches on (say, for this example, Sundays), and all matches for that week would take place on that day.

3) Players would play a round robin style, playing a set number matches per week (this number would increase based on the number of teams that sign up)

4) Players would be ranked based on their Victory/Defeat Spread , I.e. if Player A wins their match 3-2 (+1), they would be ranked lower than Player B who won 5-0 (+5).

5) At the end of the regular season (again this is dependent on how many players there are) the players would proceed to a tournament style bracket based off their previous seeds; obviously this would end when a winner finally emerged.

Individuals could donate for a prize pool (or have some kind of entrance fee per player) and split it up from there. Would be really neat if NST got on board with it as well and wanted to throw some special unique prizes in as well. Should be easier as well, because I'd be able to give them an actual time table on when they'd need to have them ready.

I see what you did there.

I was thinking about an event like that as well. What a bout people who have to forfeit a match because of RL? Can you schedule a rematch?

Also, who will be the organizers?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I see what you did there.

I was thinking about an event like that as well. What a bout people who have to forfeit a match because of RL? Can you schedule a rematch?

Also, who will be the organizers?
    I can set the whole thing up brother; community is small enough. Yeah, I mean I can definitely accommodate people who have RL situations provided they get to me in advance.

Just something to bring the community out in force a bit, give the non-PvP crowd something to maybe look forward to watching.

Well, another aspect would prolly be: how long do you want to make one league season? The longer the season runs the longer people have to wait for joining in. Having a monthly season would leave you with like around 4 dates of play I guess.

For the start I guess 1on1 would work but later I guess having changing formats would be nice too, to see who is more flexible with randomly mixed teams or something like that.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

i'm up for that anytime !!

Btw, how about holding that tourney on Vedeena? This should lower the entry threshold for people. But ofc on the other hand they might break the balancing just before a match day... but consifder it

I would honestly look into making it a ladder, not a league.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Well, another aspect would prolly be: how long do you want to make one league season? The longer the season runs the longer people have to wait for joining in. Having a monthly season would leave you with like around 4 dates of play I guess.

For the start I guess 1on1 would work but later I guess having changing formats would be nice too, to see who is more flexible with randomly mixed teams or something like that.
    The season would be as long as required to get everyone to play against everyone (ie, the more sign ups, the longer the season).

And yes, I would like to get it to a team based format, I just figured it would be ideal with the current population size to start the 1st season as a 1 vs 1 format.

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    i'm up for that anytime !!
    Sweet! What's your character name? So I can mark you down?

Btw, how about holding that tourney on Vedeena? This should lower the entry threshold for people. But ofc on the other hand they might break the balancing just before a match day... but consifder it
    I mean at this point everyone has toons, gear, and credits to boot. I'll consider it I suppose, but it's not like the people who would be doing this would need to grind anything up.

New players would have some motivation, on the other hand, to get out and grind a character up if they wanted to participate. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I would honestly look into making it a ladder, not a league.
    It will be round robin until the regular season ends; gives everyone a chance to square up with everyone before it gets serious.