Question Rifle use doesn't level DEX ...

How can this be, is it a known bug or something?
    I'm a monk and using the newbie rifle doesn't do anything, levelling-wise. Both DEX and STR remain untouched.
    Even worse, salvaging an item DECREASED my DEX ...

I think as a PSI it's always been the case in NC2.22, you can't get dex of rifles and pistol and STR of melee/HC weapons, tho you can get DEX and STR xp by doing missions. Indeed I wish you could get xp like this, it doesn't make sense we don't get xp.

What's crazy tho is that lose xp of salvaging !!
    Do you remember the process you went through when you lost a dex level ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    I think as a PSI it's always been the case in NC2.22, you can't get dex of rifles and pistol and STR of melee/HC weapons, tho you can get DEX and STR xp by doing missions. Indeed I wish you could get xp like this, it doesn't make sense we don't get xp.
    If that's the case that's just horrible. I've already done dozens of missions just to be able to use the rifle.
    Yeah using a knife doesn't level STR either. What dweep thought THAT up?
    Oh and also, when I lommed something I didn't get the skillpoints back. So now I hope I get the skillpoints back when lomming R-C.

What's crazy tho is that lose xp of salvaging !!
    Do you remember the process you went through when you lost a dex level ?
    My DEX points went from 48 to 30 by salvaging but I didn't lose a level. I forgot what it was I salvaged though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlockmeister View Post
    Oh and also, when I lommed something I didn't get the skillpoints back.
    When you take LOM pills, you lose a small amount of xp based % of your total xp. As you do so, you lose 5sp and get refunded by 5sp. If the process makes you lose a level (because you lost xp bellow the level) then you don't get refunded, because you'll get those 5sp when you next level up !
    So this is normal that when you lose a lvl, you don't get the 5sp back ! You'll get it when you lvl up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlockmeister View Post
    My DEX points went from 48 to 30 by salvaging but I didn't lose a level. I forgot what it was I salvaged though.
    What do you mean ? I don't understand ! :-/

When you take LOM pills, you lose a small amount of xp based % of your total xp. As you do so, you lose 5sp and get refunded by 5sp. If the process makes you lose a level (because you lost xp bellow the level) then you don't get refunded, because you'll get those 5sp when you next level up !
    So this is normal that when you lose a lvl, you don't get the 5sp back ! You'll get it when you lvl up again.
    I see.

What do you mean ? I don't understand ! :-/
    I had 48 DEX skillpoints and after the salvaging, I had 30.

You had 48 DEX skills points to distribute around your sub-skills, I guess you spent them ? That's not possible to make the skill points disappear.

If you want to make sure if it's a bug or not, we can calculate easily if your total subkill points is in par with your DEX level.

Can you tell me the following to verify ?
    -what is your DEX attribute level
    -how much skill points left to distribute in DEX
    -how much skills points for each sub-skills in DEX

All this without taking into account the implants bonuses. So let's say you have 75 (+10) in Pistol Combat, it means you have 65 real skill points.

(or take a screenshot of your dex.)

I'm sorry, what I meant was I had 48 DEX XP points that went down to 30.
    Anyway, I lommed DEX all the way back to level 1 now, I have 1 XP point left.

lol ! Why did you do that

I use salvaging a lot with one of my char and some item decrease DEX xp for a very little amount, otherwise salvage work well if you spend enough skill point in it.
    I could try to make a complete list but have no time for now, afaik here's some item you would avoid salvaging :
    - LE, basic PSI glove, all three pistol weapon mods, another weapon mod but don't remember exactly which one (a special not a basic one).
    There's some other item behind those ones but can't remember without retesting everything.

I would recommend you to avoid salvaging if you want to lvl your DEX and even avoid rifles.
    Try to find someone with tl 150 ress cubes or spend some skill points in CST and run some CST missions.

lol ! Why did you do that
    I wanted to level DEX by recycling but I really need repair since there are hardly any players online to repair stuff.
    And since using is rifle is useless as a monk ... lom.

Hey don't forget to ask in /help or /trade-NC, there is always some dude who can repair, build and everything !

I feel you as I'm also leveling a monk, I got my DEX capped pretty fast tho by doing the faction epic quest and then finishing with a couple of TL150 research mission like mentionned earlier. You can buy them off other ressers they will sell it to you for the price you get of rewards, so it's basically free !

if youre car/bike gets "accidentally" damaged, you'll get xp via remote repair, a lot in fact

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    if youre car/bike gets "accidentally" damaged, you'll get xp via remote repair, a lot in fact

Purposefully causing a vehicle to become damaged so that you can repair it for experience gain is considered an exploit. As per the rules, exploiting is a bannable offense.

Do TL150 research missions, you'll bump up plenty quick and make some decent cash from it even if you buy the cubes. Just don't be one of those idiots who sits around trying to buy BT or PP res cubes(no one makes those anymore). Go for FA, TSU or BD, those are the only types I've seen being sold recently.

I regularly ress tl150 FA cubes, if you want a custom job done I can oblige but it will require payment up front and of course a wait time depending on how many cubes you want done.

Ok thank you for all the replies, I've found another way, dunno if it's an exploit though. Anyway, this idea of using an exploit sounds a bit silly to me, if a game allows a certain mechanic, use it I say. And shut up about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast