Default Moar PvP and WoC Suggestion

First off, here's some moar pvp for you guys to enjoy; it's much more similar to my first two vids in length as opposed to my last one. I think it's rather redundant to say that melee is in desperate need of some love and that APUs need a nerf ASAP, but I'll say it anyways.

Fights are obviously cherry picked to make me look like a 1337 pwnz0r. Enjoy.

As far as a WoC weapon, I'd like some kind of better laser sword. Was hoping for something bigger and harder hitting (if you guys could make it a 2 hander that'd be SWEET!). Have the blade look white and OP. I mean if you just gave us a bigger model of the Devil's Grace I'm pretty sure that'd be cool too.

So I'd probably say like +15% to Damage, at the very least (I have 251 MC and 85 WPN and I still hit for 25-35 on average against another tank or a drugged opponent. Hell, I'd even say give all melee weapons a flat 20% dmg boost). Maybe make it a bit slower if you feel that'd be too OP.

For a quest, I think it'd be cool if it was a Mr. Jones style quest where you find him in the Dome of York. Have him give some spiel about a mythological sword of some kind. Have there be like 3 different mobs to kill, each with a special part on it. Obviously make them solo-able at this point; population isn't great for grouping. Bring the parts to Mr. Jones, and he assembles them. Then he tries to kill you; kill him and loot the weapon from his corpse. Voila.

Its simple...

Dont use energy weapons against ppl suppost to wear anti energy armour...
    Take a look at the current armours and setups... you see dg is not an option.

A simple but even better solution to this would be to redesign the weapons... thats currently in progress.
    I would expect a lightsaber to do some heat dmg.. -> current meta game... no ohne uses heat dmg... no one is protected against heat -> more dmg.
    But a flat dmg buff is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackebeil View Post
    Its simple...

Dont use energy weapons against ppl suppost to wear anti energy armour...
    Take a look at the current armours and setups... you see dg is not an option.

A simple but even better solution to this would be to redesign the weapons... thats currently in progress.
    I would expect a lightsaber to do some heat dmg.. -> current meta game... no ohne uses heat dmg... no one is protected against heat -> more dmg.
    But a flat dmg buff is stupid.
    Except that the Zsusun and Paw of Bear hit for similarly pathetic numbers, as they're both primarily piercing damage.

A flat buff isn't stupid; 20% of 25 damage is 5, meaning if they did add the buff I'd now be hitting for between 30-41, which is still pathetic given Devil's Grace is a TL-115 item, particularly when APUs can hit for 200+ on the regular.

A flat buff isn't perfect, as there still is the hole of a WoC melee item, but it's a good start until they can add one.

Piercing armour is quite common on energy armour (EG. PAs and duranium), plus as it's not under CON and is another primary damage type, people spec quite a bit of it (I spec about twice FOR in PRC on my PvP chars).

You're right though, melee doesn't have a WoC option (not that any such weapon would be made any 'better' than the others) and is considerably underpowered at the moment.

Hope to address both that and the overspeccing soon(tm). The latter probably sooner than the former.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by bragi View Post
    piercing armour is quite common on energy armour (eg. Pas and duranium), plus as it's not under con and is another primary damage type, people spec quite a bit of it (i spec about twice for in prc on my pvp chars).

You're right though, melee doesn't have a woc option (not that any such weapon would be made any 'better' than the others) and is considerably underpowered at the moment.

Hope to address both that and the overspeccing soon(tm). The latter probably sooner than the former.
    That makes me happy

I´d say use those medikits you have on you, and you´ll do better =)
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    You're right though, melee doesn't have a WoC option
    Hurler King Knuckles, perhaps you guys should fix the quest that's been broken for well over a year now, you know maybe get them to spawn with proper stats instead of 70% stats.

And as you said, high pierce is a popular resistance choice due to guns etc, melee still isn't up to par but somehow my AK which does primarily pierce is up to par? That means that it's not a matter of player resists causing the issue with dmg, it's the issue with the melee weapons dmg that is causing an issue with dmg. Certain melee weapons really should be bumped up between 5-20% dmg wise and there should be a better choice of weapons that deal force. Why not add in a new weapon with some shit about how a Crahn Monk made it etc etc so it does force dmg and some sort of elemental dmg?