Default Random musings about Neocron while running all the way to MB

Just a collection of my random thoughts on the game as I was running along.

I wish I could attend one of those lectures on my responsibilities as a Neocron citizen... apparently they have them weekly at the NCPD in Via Rosso section two.

There ought to be a dungeon somewhere between Aggie Sewers and MB Bunker.

I wish dungeons had bosses, like more of them. A King Of the Aggie Sewers. He could drop some level 30ish armor or something.

I should have made my pistolero implant rather than my droner, so I could use resist tools.

Pistolero sounds way better than "pistoleer"

I wonder what happened to Mexico in Neocron, for that matter whatever happened to Tokyo III. Will they ever let us go to the moon?

I should have made this character a driver, if it's going to be my hunting toon.

I don't have a tank character, I should fix that. I like big guns.

I wish there were vehicle guns that used things other than H-C. A drone vehicle with a TOW-style wire-guided missile would be amazing.

Whomever made bushes that look JUST LIKE the silhouette of a mad cop bot is a sadistic bastard.

Sky tree! Sky tree!

Spiderbot! spiderbot! spiderbot! OW... OWIE....

I love the wastelands, no music just wind, so atmospheric. Reminds me of when Oblivion blew my mind the first time with how real the forests felt.

Ooh, ceres lab, mental note for later.

wait... is this toon hostile to CM? please tell me I'm not that dumb.

Okay I'm fine... but why does NExT hate ProtoPharma? do cars really compete for the same market as pharmaceuticals? Is it because they both take you on trips?

Excellent post I feel more folks would attend the NCPD lectures if they'd gotten the advert right, what with NCPD being in Sector 3!

Although, please do let us know exactly where you saw the flying trees our gardeners will take care of them eventually...
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Although, please do let us know exactly where you saw the flying trees our gardeners will take care of them eventually...
    At the end he starts talking about pharmaceuticals and trips. I personally think he's still sat in his starter apartment smashed off his face and imagined the whole thing. The window is open which is why he can hear the NCPD ad at the start of his "journey".

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    There ought to be a dungeon somewhere between Aggie Sewers and MB Bunker.
    there is. plenty. you may live a happy and productive life without visiting either. (hint: outzone)
    Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    I should have made this character a driver, if it's going to be my hunting toon.
    vehicles are fun but running isn't so bad. just have stamina boosters with you (hint: cloning)

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    there is. plenty. you may live a happy and productive life without visiting either. (hint: outzone)
    vehicles are fun but running isn't so bad. just have stamina boosters with you (hint: cloning)
    I did the whole trip sans boosters, which I find to be an advantage because it forces you to stop and look around every so often, which helps avoid falling over dead and only AFTER that while the camera pans around you seeing that hoverbot or DoY soldier.

Also, the outlands, much to my regret, I have never been able to navigate without getting hopelessly lost. I feel like the attraction of the aggie sewers is in ease of access, ease of respawn and predictability.
    The outlands have mobs ranging from 1/1 all the way to like 50/50 Butchees, but they're sporadic in such a way there's little predictable levelling areas where you can count on a concentration of at-level mobs, at least in my recollection.
    Repurposing some of the Abandoned Rooms Level 6 (if I recall properly, the one with the centrifuges and glass doors), that are full of 4/4 to 10/10 aren't really used at all anymore by anyone would do some great things.

It's one of the COOLEST maps in the game, with the centrifuges and the blood-stained glass walls and the doors and the disinfection spray in the entrance. It would also give them a natural place to put some midrange levelling in Neocron so people don't feel oblidged to run to MB, and would give factions hostile to the CM a place to go. Plus it would serve as a natural "newb dungeon", with the theme of the place they could put in either mutant-related drops (maybe loot for mid-TL recycling patterns, a rifle, a pistol, maybe an H-C or even a drone or two?) or implants (because it's an old Protopharma medical production facility).