Thread: Hotspots

Default Hotspots

Create visual markers on the map for where Epic mobs and players are killed.

Let's everyone know where there's activity on the map, which can concurrently lead to more player interaction.

On a side note, I'd personally like to see 2h melee weapons make an appearance. Larger, more damage, slower RoF, worse handling, etc.

Sounds Gank-A-Licious.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

You want zones to fall into outright war and have red flashing markers on the map?

Seems fair to me.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You want zones to fall into outright war and have red flashing markers on the map?

Seems fair to me.
    Glad you're on board with it.

The idea sound interessting but I wouldn't like sandpeople sniping from the hills while fighting for an OP.

Just make the zones flash red for activity then. A threshold would need to be established sure and thats one for the designers to work out if the engine can take it but a visual indicator of some generic form like that might work.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Not the same as an in-game map, but you can see some sort of "hotspot" activity with op-fights via Neocron's API.

http://stats.techhaven.org/ - and check the Outpost and clan news - anything highlighted red has happened in the last 30 mins. Or if someone wants to play with a RSS news feed, use http://stats.techhaven.org/api/data/en/news.rss