Default Fire Mob Hunting Tank Set up?

Hi guys!!

Long time since i frequented these forums and NC !

So im after some help creating a new HC Fire mob hunting Tank, so can anyone help me create one ?

Are fire mobs still ok to hunt or bugged percy's still around (what i was reading)

Anyway if you guys can give me some help and feedback that would be great to help me get back on my feet !

Look forward to wandering NC once again !!

Come back from working for 2 days straight to no help !

C'mon chaps and chappettes, throw me something to work off of please.

so, do you want to hunt firemobs, or farm tech parts? in any case: make sure there's some cover nearby so you can heal if necessary - and even persecutors are game for you. get a TL 40 nanite heal. you wont even need the latest in fire armour and weaponry to have a fun time. beam weapons are ok as well, storm lasers are cheap and effective for non-capped tanks. when going after techparts, some people would rather use a rhino.

Alright, as promised here my two bits on the issue:

1) The most important thing in the world (of NC) (in case you don't know already ^^): www.techhaven.org

This nifty site is gonna be your best buddy in all stages of character development - especially the Item DB is of such an unbelievable usefulness that you should bookmark the living shit out of it . WHen it comes to the guides hosted there, I pretty much recommend taking every information with a grain of salt, because it is pretty much possible that some of it is outdated due to patches etc. Still, all of them always give a good starting point for figuring out the specifics on your own, or getting a basic understanding of a certain topic. Case in Point:

http://www.techhaven.org/resources/weapon-guides/

As always, there isn't a "the one and only build" (and thank the heavens for that); but speccing for PVE is far more tolerant than PVP, and there isn't all too much that you could do wrong here. The weapon guide above shows pretty well how much an investment into a certain weapon-related skill will have an effect on your actual performance when bullying those miserly rarepart hoarders. Basically, it is more than enough to fulfill the basic requirements of the weapon you want to use, take care of Weaponlore (for a capped tank, all INT points go into WPL, because a tradeskiller a tank is not ^^) and push the main Damage Attribute (in case of an HC Tank Heavy Combat) to a point where it is still convenient for you (e.g. where you still have enough transport and a little Force / Piercing Resist).

A Word of Advice: Don't know how long you have been away, but it is important to note that LOM-Pills nowadays don't cause Synaptic Impairment but come with a XP loss that can become quite substantial if you want to respecc a lot of points. This is especially problematic if you want to redistribute CON points (as getting a Tank CON-capped is a bonafide bitch - been strangling Firemobs for months and still got like 3 levels left). So even if you primarily want to hunt down Firemobs, some Resistances in other fields can't hurt in case you want to do something else like DOY-Tunnels, Ceres Labs or reducing the "getting bullied by PKers for the lulz and because they are bored....and twelve years old" quota to a minimum .

A yeah, and in case you didn't notice: Tanks don't get any PSI anymore, so no more Self-Heal and Deflector for the burly boys. There are other ways to patch yourself up after a Chaser murdered most of your face, namely the Injector tool (see 3) for more on that)

2) Skills
    Disclaimer: One might find that the stats posted below are hideously skilled - and there are good arguments for that, I'm the first to admit it. My HC alt did kind of evolve naturally and I didn't have time or motivation to give him a proper LOM makeover (see his repair skill) - mainly because he works fine at the moment, and for the most part does what he is supposed to do. Their is an abundance of optimization potential (especially when it comes to Fire Resist); all I can say is that this setup is doing alright, even in this quite unpolished state.

INT - Weapon Lore ! -> The only useful thing to have, so not much of a dilemma here. For leveling purposes and if you die a lot in the beginning, MAYBE some points in Implant might be helpful as long as the imps you are using have a sufficiently low TL (especially as the Plaza 1 is not a crammed with pokers as it used to be most of the time), but you will soon want to get rid of it anyway and go all out WPL.

STR - Now this is where it gets interesting. Of course you will want to have a nice big mountain of HC points. However, as you will be wanting some decent PA sooner or later, and sure as hell don't want to stop murdering things every 5 nanoseconds to crawl back to a gogu to get rid of all the loot, I'd recommend nothing less than 50, better 70 points in Transport. I heard some rumors that persis and Chasers do not only deal fire damage but also Force and /or Piercing damage, and having at least some points in them helps against low-tech pistol and rifle. Don't really know if it helps that much, but i always tend to stick 30-50 points in both (it's cheap and at least gives me the feeling of not being utterly unprepared )
    As I frankly couldn't give to licks about capping every weapon when it comes to PVE, in the end you will have to decide how much Damage per second you are willing to trade for more convenience. I did it like this and it works pretty okay (all values without Implants):

Transport 75
    Resist Force: 40
    Resist Piercing 40
    HC: All other points

CON

Definitely the most interesting Stat. As i said before, it might be a good idea in terms of versatility to not go all out on on Resist Fire and neglect the whole rest. Even though, a high Resist Fire helps a great deal in surving at firemobbing. I always reserve some points for Athletics and Endurance, as you don't want to take all day finding your next victim after a succesful kill, and you honestly don't need to have a FIR over ninethouuuuusand to get along well at Gaya mine or CRP.
    However, as far as I know it is still true that 'native' (e.g. skillbased) resistance against a type of damage works better than resists from armor due to the way damage is calculated (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Resists), so if your primary goal will be Firemob hunting, you should prioritze Resist Fire even if you plan to use the Gods Wish Set or the like.
    As I had told you, my Tank is an alt, and also not solely destined to hunt Firemobs, so feel free to reduce the other resists in favor of FIR. And again, CON is not capped, so I didn't finalize the build - consider it "work in progress" that does the job for the moment:

Athletics 55
    Body Health 80
    Endurance 50
    Resist Fire 90
    Resist Energy 50
    Resist Xray 45
    Resist Poison 30

DEX

You will have loads and loads of points in this category, and apart from the Hightech Combat needed to wield the fun guns and some points in Recycle for ammo subsistence, you are pretty much free to do with it what you want. Agility is a worthy dump for a majority of the points (same argument as with Athletics, both make you chase the chasers much more time efficent ^^). You definitly want to put 24 points in Vehicle Use around the time you are ready to leave the Agressor cellar behind and venture into the wastelands, which allows you to drive the Hovertec Bike which is one of the best means of transportation.
    As you can see in the Weapons Skill Guide posted above, Tech Combat does have a small impact on some weapons stat, but I personally wouldn't overestimate it. In the end you should put points into Agility until you are satisfied with your running speed and you got all basics covered like vehicle Use and Recycle, and put the rest into TC; OR you can do what I did and spend some points on Repair to make emergeny repairs without having to wait for a repper to appear in P1.
    Anyway, my stats are as follows:

HC: 87
    VHC: 34 (more than needed for the Hovertec, but I like to be able to hop onto it when I come out of the GR without having to wait for SI to go down - it's again a convenience thing)
    Agility: 61
    Rep: 75
    Recycle: 42

[TBC.. It's getting late and my third bottle of Mead tells me it's time to take a nap will finish the rest tomorrow]

3) Weapons of the Trade
    4) Hunting Tips

Thats great so far mate thank you so much.

Look forward to seeing the rest (if you can get to do it!)

On a side note - Why is it Spys//PE's//Monks all get a PC//RC - APU//PPU Implant (not the MC5!) So like Special forces and CCC etc but tanks don't ....?

What is with that ??

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Why is it Spys//PE's//Monks all get a PC//RC - APU//PPU Implant (not the MC5!) So like Special forces and CCC etc but tanks don't ....?

What is with that ??
    ... prolly because Tanks neither use PC/RC really that much nor PSI.
    At least using anything else but HC/MC on a Tank is not intended and their efficiency with DEX based weps got nerfed into the ground. Simply otherwise PE/Spy would lack any raison d'etre in combat.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

3) Weapons of the trade & Hunting Tips

Alright, now for the equipment. As Torg has already said, Beam Weapons or Weapons with similar behaviour (e.g. Plasma Wave Cannons) are your best friends when hunting Firemobs, mainly for one reason: you will always want to keep a healthy distance between yourself and the mobs. Not only so you can hide behind cover for a second to heal up, but mainly because all rarepart owners except Doomies (e.g. Terror Leaper /Raptor and the Brothers Grim) still have the tendency to call all their annoying little friends when you bring the party too close to them, and then the party will be your ribcage. In addition, you will get much less incoming fire damage (which is why you can get along well even if you do not hit the 100 Fire Resist mark), as most Firemobs seem to have pretty bad eyesight these days - especially Chasers often forget to shoot at you if you keep a certain distance. Using weapons like the Plasma Cannon is possible, however not nearly as much shots might connect over distance resulting in significantly lower DPS.

WEAPONS

So, what weapons should you get? Personally, I started hunting when I acquired the Tangent Epic Laser Cannon, which is a pretty good start for huntin (while making a stop at Tangent in order to get it via the Epic Run, you can also grab the Lvl 3 HC Eye from the FSM). Storm Laser is great as well, if you can grab one (i never actually got a good offer, and didn't exactly need it because there was Ravager waiting for me when I hit cap).
    If you are Cityadmin, I hear the Special Forces Plasma Wave is a great firemobbing weapon as well - never checked it out personally.
    In the long run, when you have enough parts or money to go for the rare Weapons, you will want to have a Ravager or Creed - sometimes there is a 0 or 1 slot for sale for a decent price, and if you got a few parts already, most consters will gladly trade for them as well. The Creed tends to lose condition pretty fast, so there is no point in going for a high-slot all maxxed out Creed if it costs too much.

So, in my personal opinion:

Tangent Plasma Wave -> Prototype Tangent Lasercannon -> STORM -> Ravager -> Creed

EQUIPMENT
    Apart from that, you will need a lot of Survival Kits to munch on, and the aforementioned Injector tool plus a sufficient supply of Biotech Regeneration Nanites (which serve as the ammo for the injector; but they are TL12 and recyclable so not much of a problem). The Basic Injector and the nanites "Biotech EPIT-16.12 Personal Injector" can be bought at Crytons TechTools, but on the long run you will want to get the improved tool (Biotech EPIT-40.12 Personal Injector) which can be build from a Biotech-Database Hacknet BP - just ask the trade or help chann. If you got problems getting one, write an ingame mail to "Sendric" - gonna organize one for you then .

IMPLANTS

Bones: Take the best bones you can get, aiming at Experimental Bones from the Fallen Angels FSM or (if you want some more XRAY resist) you can use Gamma Bones as well, but their usefulness for firemobhunting is naturally limited. Bat Queen Chest and Arm are nice, but not so easy to get and not exactly necessary.

Back: Harden Backbone or Strength Booster

Hand: No point using PSI Glove anymore; you could get a recycle glove or Repair glove but I don't think its really necessary

Heart: not a critical slot - take which one has the best balance of negative and positive effects for you (i tend to use Filter Heart 2, but for 'firemobs only' the health penalty greatly outweighs the positive effects on xray and poison resist.
    Eye: HC targeting 3

Brain Implants: Enhanced Physics 3, Synaptic Soldier 3 & 2 - Rest according to what you have access to and what you need (maybe a MOVEON, Enhanced Physics 2, or if you don't mind the rather drastic money and XP penalties for high baseranked chars, LE )

And finally,

Armor
    To get maximum protection, you will want to wear

a) the God's Wish Set (which can be bought at the Smuggler on the right to the entrance to the Twilight Guardian HQ at the Canyon, except for the Gods Wish Belt - get it at Tech Haven Sec 3 at the special Armor smuggler (he is next to a ramp in the lane behind the rightmost door when you enter Sec 3 via Sec 2)

or

b) the Inquisition Sets (get it at PP Sec 3 at Fist Weaponry), only slighty less 'resisty' than the Inquisition stuff

HC PA is a given as soon as you can wear it (you can get the normal versions at the MB at the armor smuggler near the Yos Pawn Shop); ideally for hunting firemobs you can upgrade to a Camo HC PA (which again increases Fire Resist) - this one can be obtained at the CityMerc Faction FSM by a CityMerc player with 90 Faction Sympathy, but you should at have like 400K -500K NCs in your purse for it as its not exactly cheap and you might want to give a tip to the player organizing it. (not sure how much it costs without bartering, thats why 400 - 500K ).

Okay, so much about that. I just left out the leveling part, as I've rambled on long enough. Just so you know - if you want to push your Tank near cap or WOC as fast as possible, there are currently 2 standard places to go - El Farid second level and Regant Fortress - both equally as efficient as lame . In order to get some decent money, I'd advice you to choose el Farid - just remember to take enough craploot for ammo recycling and an AOE Weapon of appropriate TL with you when you go down there.

Hope I could help a little bit, and welcome back
    CoY - Children of Yomi

Because even Fallen Angels can be guardian angels and helpful as well...
    Last edited by Kilik; 25-05-15 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    On a side note - Why is it Spys//PE's//Monks all get a PC//RC - APU//PPU Implant (not the MC5!) So like Special forces and CCC etc but tanks don't ....?

What is with that ??
    Not exactly sure whether I get what you mean, but if your questions is in regards to why there is no rare implant adding HC like the Special Forces does for RC, but only the Marines chip which nowadays is nothing more than a glorified MOVEON chip - I don't have the slightest clue. It is rather strange why one Class is discriminated like that (same story with Meleetanks, so no juicy rareimps for our beloved beefcakes at all), but thats how it is right now.

CoY - Children of Yomi

Because even Fallen Angels can be guardian angels and helpful as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    ... prolly because Tanks neither use PC/RC really that much nor PSI.
    At least using anything else but HC/MC on a Tank is not intended and their efficiency with DEX based weps got nerfed into the ground. Simply otherwise PE/Spy would lack any raison d'etre in combat.

That's my point. Tanks don't get a HC or MC ones ??

But all the other classes get a "mc5 lite" so to speak.

Well the answer is quite simple .....no one would ever use it.

For what puuposes do you need a Rare HC/MC implant ? The Tank has more benefits from "normal" Implants than any other Class, except the Monk.

You've got a mainstat Strength where you can spend all Points into HC/MC ...with the lack of a few Resists (which you can compensate with bones and other implants) no other class could do this ...
    And you have a HC Boosting Backbone + a MC Boosting Arm .....no other class has something similar.

You can get a max of + 77,83 HC and +75,33 MC Just from implants including the MC5
    A Spy e.g. can get +76,1 RC and +73,94 PC from Implants including Rare and MC5
    but a spy has to spend points in TC PC/RC and AGL ....
    So i can't see any disadvantage for tanks not havin a HC/MC Rare-implant.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

Any type of ammo more beneficial to use towards the fire mobs?
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jvasquez33 View Post
    Any type of ammo more beneficial to use towards the fire mobs?
    Historically I always used energy and xray based damage due to resistances. No idea what it is like these days though.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"