Thread: What class?!

Default What class?!

Hey guys, I'm a returning NC1 player who is stunned and amazed and delighted that NC is still alive in some form. I played on Uranus as a PE (Jason Bourne) an APU (Sa-Si) and various others, hullo to those who remember me

I played pre-2.2 so a lot of the stuff ingame now is quite new to me, I did play MC5 plenty when it was released and I've had a look at threads like "what's changed" etc, but even so I'd welcome some feedback on what classes people are enjoying the most at the moment. I know NC has effectively zero endgame beyond MC5/OP fighting, so I'd welcome the viewpoints of people experienced in the PvP scene too. Is there a lot of PvP currently? Do outposts change hands regularly? I assume anti-city are super popular (they always are...)?

Basically I'm looking for a rough idea of the current meta-game, what classes and setups are considered strong, what is weak/not played at all, whether there are key roles regularly missing etc.

Great to be back! o/

All classes are useful in pvp again...for monks APU is good...lots of damage and useful when defending an OutPost...for pes I suggest xbow...not sure about non woc maybe slasher/judge...as far as rifles go ionic rifle for low tech...tanks got a nerf when it comes to damage but can still take a beating...heavy combat is in my opinion the best choice and I suggest using cursed soul, dev, or ionic cannon...pistol tanks are worth using since the judge got beefed up and is doing more damage...also slasher tank is fun...as far as spies I suggest ceres pistol/xbow...ak is still good if you want to go rifle...as far as non woc I would say use the dissy. Good Luck!

not a PE, poor sucky pe's, i tried to come back and play mine was just to pathetic

PE are good if you go woc or use good weapons !! now that judge and slasher are buffed, u can do pretty good PE's !!
    Don't forget a PE can have 35 psi, and can have the 3 self-cast shields and pretty good resists !! Even if you don't do big amount of dmg, you will last longer in fight then a spy or APU, so your def will de the difference!!

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    PE are good if you go woc or use good weapons !! now that judge and slasher are buffed, u can do pretty good PE's !!
    Don't forget a PE can have 35 psi, and can have the 3 self-cast shields and pretty good resists !! Even if you don't do big amount of dmg, you will last longer in fight then a spy or APU, so your def will de the difference!!

Kalonji
    Thats sadly not really true. The low TL shields gives almost no protection. Also the TL40 injector(heal) is better than the TL 10 heal(jones mission). The only PSI that is usefull on a PE is to put it all in PSI resist.

If u wanna go for PE, then go for pistol PE. There some nice non rare weapons that gives pretty good damage. The best is the Tangent Assault Pulselaser Pistol (TL92).

Casius / lore

I would actually go rifle PE. the pain easer is not bad and the Ioninc Rifle (dex 97) is great. Both rifle and pistol will be better if you get WOC however as there is a lot of great rifles/pistols for a pe to use if he has WOC.
    I warn you it will take a long time to woc a pe. Droning seems to be the fastest.

/sex maxx