Default Entirely new texture pack

Why dont you guys have the community create new textures. Instead of the probably 256 ones ingame now, im sure (myself included) would be happy to recreate the textures but in 1024 or greater. Could the game engine handle higher textures on everything rather than just the stuff you guys have currently done. Like signs and adverts.

Would be interesting to see all environment textures as 2015 quality hehe.

Also character, vehicle and weapon textures could be redone in a jiffy. Use us...we are your best resource.

LOM God & RPOS Designer Michael Corvin's Avatar

Hmm...
    You can help? Send you application to the NST ( http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...cation-Process )

People need to be trustworthy, reliable and dedicated towards Neocron, not to mention that they need to be skilled and be able to work autonomously.
    I 100% agree with this
    I don't feel very comfortable about "outsourcing" the graphical Work to everybody who thinks he`s skilled enough.
    You will definitely get:

a lot of crap
    many nice Textures
    too many different Styles
    too many differences in skill and quality
    too many discussions about what should be added to the client

To avoid this you'll have to keep it inside the NST or let everybody play with his own Texture Pack (IMHO an absolute NO GO for a MMO)

NC Ambient-Trance: (EN) / (DE) | Corvin's RPOS Collection | Corvin Chronicles

Not to forget the obligatory cheesecake that thinks he is smart and grabs some proprietary textures/image packages, then the NSt has the trouble of sorting out the lawsuit.

Also just wipping up some gfx files is only one part. I'd be surprised if Tekktonik could utilize anything like Normal or Specularity maps that make for some nice eye candy.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Happy for folks to apply to increase the man power available for improved texturing. Our tech is old but we've made a reasonable amount of progress to up resolutions significantly and have done just that for a good number image files available in the game as of the last few patches. We'd love to see more and more of the game in a better quality.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT