Thread: The Hacknet

Default The Hacknet

The hacknet is one of the weirder parts of Neocron. I was taking a look at it recently (its kinda weird) and wondered how you see that "game within a game" and "virtual reality within a virtual reality". What are the good and the bad sides of it in your opinion? What would you want to change, what do you want to stay?

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

From my understanding the hacknet is something like you see in the Matrix movies when the Operator takes the guys into the net. You know the part when they hold the phone and zip zap zop they beam through the net.

It΄s not weird, I find it kind of a cool addition. Anarchy Online does have that feature, too. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

I think its a nice idea, tho i think it could be a bit more fleshed out, also the mobs are kinda buggy i feel. Connect all the Data Storages to the rest of the Net to generate additional access and exit points f.e.
    Introduce Hacknet-Imps and generally a bit more content to make Hackers resourceful.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡ View Post
    Anarchy Online
    Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Competitor product advertising! Bring his head on a pike to the altar to appease the forum gods!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Competitor product advertising! Bring his head on a pike to the altar to appease the forum gods!
    To appease the forums gods, Stormlord's punishment will be to bring the forum gods a Youtube video link of this cool Anarchy Online addition - I want to see it in action, it may inspire some ideas.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Also:

...yeah, and after appeasing the forum gods I want Biotech to refrigerate my head and ressurect me 3000 years later with a robot body connected with the over decades deep-frozen brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    To appease the forums gods, Stormlord's punishment will be to bring the forum gods a Youtube video link of this cool Anarchy Online addition - I want to see it in action, it may inspire some ideas.
    There we go ^^

Wikipedia article about the so called "grid" or "fixergrid" in AO.

http://www.aowiki.eu/index.php?title=Grid

I am sorry, looks like it is published in german only......

Now a requested video for the forum gods about grid / fixergrid

http://youtu.be/iHmrjloRm88

its going to be interesting at approx. 0:45 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!