Default Simple facelift idea

Ok, now I know there are a few ways to get an application in to join the Neocron team as follows.

This page: http://www.neocron-game.com/jobs

A post made well before this post: Team Expansion

Also: applications@neocron-game.com

I know this next thing is a partial sin. I am one of many crowdfunders for Star Citizen. They did a thing called The Next Greatest Star Ship. If you aren't aware. They first had a group of people develop a weapon, to show they had at least some skills. After that, they were then tasked with developing a ship. Each month those ships by like 16 teams were shown off in their current development to the rest of the backers. Eventually whoever had the best ship, had their ship added to the game itself. I do not know the process they used to get these 16 teams, but it was pretty great. Perhaps something like that could be done here. Give a group of players a chance to design something simple in game maybe revamping some weapon designs, or character models, heck even simple wall art. You wouldn't have to make them team members, and then once a month show off the development to us, maybe let the players vote on it?

I am glad to have had so many viewers of this post, I had thought maybe some people would have opinions. I don't even have negative comments on here, lol! (I don't really want negative ones, so stop the flame response jerky)

It's a nice thought but we don't have a big enough active community to support it. We'd be lucky to get 3 different entries, it would also be a waste to only use the winning models.
    What works for Star Citizen, doesn't work for Neocron.

Has anyone tried? You fail 100% of the things you never try. This can't be the worst idea anyone has ever come up with.