Quote Originally Posted by REVKhA View Post
    Whoever is in charge of Neocron's I.P. should make a kickstarter for NC3 and make it finally happen.
    I guess that the whole community wants that....

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

For those who dont believe in crowdfunding for a game.. go look for Star Citizen, also go on wikipedia for it.

almost 60 millions...

Star Citizen is a game I am oberserving (among other games) and I remember last time they collected 50 million bucks and they are now on almost 60 millions.

Crowdfunding definitely works if theres a solid team of developers who will work on a game if theres a solid fan base paying for what they want to have. I dont see a problem paying for a team working on a game the persisting community wants.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

Quote Originally Posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡ View Post
    For those who dont believe in crowdfunding for a game.. go look for Star Citizen, also go on wikipedia for it.

almost 60 millions...

Star Citizen is a game I am oberserving (among other games) and I remember last time they collected 50 million bucks and they are now on almost 60 millions.

Crowdfunding definitely works if theres a solid team of developers who will work on a game if theres a solid fan base paying for what they want to have. I dont see a problem paying for a team working on a game the persisting community wants.
    Kirk adressed that in his post, and NC is definitely not Wing Commander what ever kid out there has played back in the day, kids who are now grown up adults with a wage to throw at the KS.
    Star Citizen is ofc paraded as the flagship project on KS but its actually unlikely that 10 million would come together for a potential NC3. That is the sum Kirk has stated in the past for pulling this project though (success not included).
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    According to Kirk they would use UE4. Not sure if Cry4 would be better, neither are made for MMO games but eye-candy, ideal for singleplayer games.
    Archeage is on Cry3, it is working very,very well for MMO so far, the only let down is that they made it kind of WOW style.
    its got no synch lines, etc.....

Kirk adressed that in his post, and NC is definitely not Wing Commander what ever kid out there has played back in the day, kids who are now grown up adults with a wage to throw at the KS.
    Star Citizen is ofc paraded as the flagship project on KS but its actually unlikely that 10 million would come together for a potential NC3. That is the sum Kirk has stated in the past for pulling this project though (success not included).
    He's still got more chance of getting 10 million from crowdfunding than from one individual or company. Can you imagine someone investing that much in Neocron?

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    He's still got more chance of getting 10 million from crowdfunding than from one individual or company. Can you imagine someone investing that much in Neocron?
    ... could you imagine ANYONE investing ANYTHING in the Uwe Boll movie productions?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    Archeage is on Cry3, it is working very,very well for MMO so far, the only let down is that they made it kind of WOW style.
    its got no synch lines, etc.....

:0 not that well but its doing good.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

If it didnt have tab targeting archeage would be the bollocks.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Doc, i didnt mean financially, no F2P is "doing really well".
    i just meant anything that is needed in an MMO can be scripted for Cry3 and archeage has proven it completely, ignore development time. :P

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    Doc, i didnt mean financially, no F2P is "doing really well".
    That isn't true at all actually, do you really think people would spend millions making all those f2p mmos you see nowadays if they weren't profitable? I'm not even talking about failed p2p mmos that go f2p as a last resort to make back some of their money, there's plenty of mmos coming out now that started f2p.

most that i have seen have been subpar simply because they know its going to be free, Archeage is the only one ive seen (beyond BP) where the developer put in actual effort - especially graphically.

I cant see any of these F2P MMOs rivaling Neocron or UO where they run for 10+ years. F2P requires a large critical mass of players to have a small critical mass of paying players, once the game is slightly old and a decent portion of the players drop off, so does the game.

i'd throw in a hundred euro, just for the imagination of seeing a NC3 sometime..

While I am skeptical about a Kickstarter campaign for NC3, I think a patreon campaign for the people currently keeping NC alive would be a much more realistic and doable idea. NC3 would require a lot of money, and a much larger community than what NC has right now, unfortunately. However, a Patreon means that NC could be supported, and with that continued support we may be able to bring more people in.

People can and are doing that already. http://www.neocron-game.com/help-neocron-donate I couldn't find a link to that page on the site, I had to use a search engine to find it.

at your house, thinking of fun ways to kill you.

I think it's awesome that Kirk didn't think those who cannot read German would like to know his most recent thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast