Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Crowdfunding for NC3?

Simple question:

Is anyone working on nc3 right now, and why not do a crowdfunding for the project....? I think it would work very well, considering all the fans hoping in silence for nc3...

if they droped the projects i didn't know... so no bashing please.

There was quite recent post from KKirk in the german section about that and other recent developments.

And he said that there will be no Kickstarter for it. Something about securing the financing completely beforehand and then developing with the community... kinda... not so insightful in that regard tbh.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

argh.... :/ Pretty disappointing...

if we could do a poll and send it to all people we know that love NC, asking if they would pay for a crowfunding of NC3... It may amaze us how much we could gather I think....

There already was something like that a few years back, asking people if they'd back a crowd-funding. It was quite positive but yeah, guess they'd rather have the money save and ready instead of gambling on the crowd...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

I would love to see a Neocron 3 game launching.. I am pretty much sure that a lot of old school gamers would also get back to the roots and that there would be some new players, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

Quote Originally Posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡ View Post
    I would love to see a Neocron 3 game launching.. I am pretty much sure that a lot of old school gamers would also get back to the roots and that there would be some new players, too.

That's exactly what I think!!

look :

- make an official poll (they are sites for this) to gather the number of people willing to donate/play (to) nc3. The community of ex-neocron players hopping for a sequel is HUGE (I guess little under 100% of people who ever tested the game)

- while launching the crowfunding, make sure that it leads to neocron2 site (the game is free to download obviously) to show how different from other MMOs neocron is. This would be the best argument/advertising for nc3, for people having no clue of what it is.

"people" are too scared that a failed crowdfunding campaign would put the final nail in the games coffin and devalue whatever hypothetical value is left on the intellectual property/brand. can't say I am hugely positive about the alternate route, that is, waiting for some money shitting angel investor to appear out of thin air.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

A failed crowdfunding campaign doesn't mean anything, they happen all the time and the games end up getting made at some point anyway. Sometimes financed with a second campaign.

Drachenpaladin, can you link us to that post please? Last I heard Kirk was trying to get investors for Neocron Reloaded, not NC3.

EDIT: Found it http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...ragestunde-gef

So Kirk actually does want to do NC3 but doesn't want to use crowdfunding, (I read his posts with google translate) it's a shame Kirk won't start a campaign. I think NC3 could raise a lot of money, of course Neocron fans' money wouldn't be enough but I think there would be a lot of interest in NC3 from people who've never even played Neocron.

It's true NC2 would be a perfect advertisement for it, you could just tell potential backers: Think this but several times bigger with modern graphics, new features, minus the bugs and balance issues of course .
    Last edited by hatmankh; 20-10-14 at 02:54.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I think NC3 could raise a lot of money, of course Neocron fans' money wouldn't be enough but I think there would be a lot of interest in NC3 from people who've never even played Neocron.

It's true NC2 would be a perfect advertisement for it, you could just tell potential backers: Think this but several times bigger with modern graphics, new features, minus the bugs and balance issues of course .
    yeah this is exactly my point. The demand in such a game is huge. And just imagine nc2 with ONLY a new engine.

ps: an online petition/poll to show the amount of people would perhaps change Kirks point of view....

I know something that helps a lot with crowdfunding (or population in general) is to record gameplay and put out videos of your experiences. Now that I'm PvP ready I'll be sure to make some vids of my adventures.

Not only that, but also its enjoyable for the community already playing. Was something that kept Darkfall alive for a lot longer than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    yeah this is exactly my point. The demand in such a game is huge. And just imagine nc2 with ONLY a new engine.
    With just a new engine? You need to update the GFX assets as well, otherwise the new engine will look not much better than the current engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    With just a new engine? You need to update the GFX assets as well, otherwise the new engine will look not much better than the current engine.
    GFX assets are easiest one tbh. Sound and music are far more difficult to make, not to mention eliminating zoning and such.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Neocron 3 on cryengine 4.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    Neocron 3 on cryengine 4.
    According to Kirk they would use UE4. Not sure if Cry4 would be better, neither are made for MMO games but eye-candy, ideal for singleplayer games.

Whoever is in charge of Neocron's I.P. should make a kickstarter for NC3 and make it finally happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast