former king of saturn

@Drachen - Kill shots and kill stealing have nothing to do with anything. Dost thou even hoist?

@Torg - Cool. Dude.

@Speedball -
    sl system does not keep -sl players out of 'nice areas of town'
    sl system / ncpd list not rewarding enough for +sl players

@I See Blue -
    sl system impacts some players more than others
    sl system doesn't care who started the fight
    stray plasma hits undesired targets causing player to be flagged for damage
    -sl gameplay not robust. there is no 'seedy underbelly' to welcome the wicked.
    sl system has a clear progressive penalty structure with no clear redemption (progressive or not) structure

@Tino -
    -sl mountain deters players from playing
    -sl gameplay is not robust. there is no 'seedy underbelly' to welcome the wicked.

Clan wars would help. The ability to declare war on an enemy not tied to F6 faction relations, albeit at some monetary cost to declare said war.

Anarchy breed is another decent idea that has sprung up numerous times. The issue there might be that most of the server becomes AB and then nobody is left in the "non-ab" side of the game.

Ultimately it boils down to low population however, not having enough enemies to fight means you suddenly turn on your "friends" in neutral or allied factions.

Soullight repair could easily be a massive cash sink instead of a cash generator however - if people had to pay to repair it for example.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

@William -
    Clan wars declared in CityCom have no tangible impact on gameplay.
    -sl gameplay is not robust. there is no 'seedy underbelly' to welcome the wicked.
    sl system has a clear progressive penalty structure with no clear redemption (progressive or not) structure

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Anarchy breed is another decent idea that has sprung up numerous times. The issue there might be that most of the server becomes AB and then nobody is left in the "non-ab" side of the game.

Ultimately it boils down to low population however, not having enough enemies to fight means you suddenly turn on your "friends" .
    AB will not fix the problem. The real problem is low pop as you said. With normal pop SL is almost never an issue. You kill your ennemies and if you have to kill a neutral or a friend it's rare and you deal with a temporary problem. RP is something that existed on the servers I played so problems between allies were rare....

Maybe we should have no SL loss killing allies/neutral who have shitty simp towards your faction (means they have been bad and can be punished for that)

111.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real problem low pop you say ?

I wonder why that is after the NST put out change after change to lower the skill-cap of PvP and bring the amount of PvP outside of OP-Fights and Neofrag to 0.

But yeah I guess the tradeskills (where 90% use macros) and PvE (where 90% exploit regant) is what will keep this game from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Real problem low pop you say ?

I wonder why that is after the NST put out change after change to lower the skill-cap of PvP and bring the amount of PvP outside of OP-Fights and Neofrag to 0.

But yeah I guess the tradeskills (where 90% use macros) and PvE (where 90% exploit regant) is what will keep this game from dying.
    I don't quite understand what you mean.

Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Whatever
    but... for real...

what is the NST? lower the skill cap of pvp, what does that mean?

And what does this have to do with low pop? Low pop sucks, who disagrees? It affects everything.

We have lots of punishments for low soul light, what about a perk for -100? Special tool, armor, maybe weapon? What about release the Mech vehicle thats already in the game with a requirement of -100 sl for people to roam the wasteland to hunt people down ? (Since you took away GR) there are so many great ideas on the forum, wish the NST had time to work on them.

1. Make PP no sl loss zones
    2. Faction guards should react on faction sympathy and not SL. After a long day of fighting my SL will be under -32 and faction symp will be 100 but I still cant go into my HQ and run missions to get up SL so all im left with is exploiting HQ so guards dont shoot.

Current SL system requires you to exploit to get it back up since the "legal" ways take far too long and are very annoying.

PS - NO SL LOSS FOR KILLING REDS.

thebearjewx <3

former king of saturn

Last day

@speedball -
    sl system is affected by small population

@Mayhem -

@tarasm -
    -sl mountain deters players from playing

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post

@speedball -
    sl system is affected by small population

I would say: Low pop kills Roleplay but factions/SL was done to make people respect some kind of roleplay. So yeah shortcut is: Low pop is bad for sl^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12