Default [001269] [R#188 ]Fps jumps after the Patch.

Hi,

since the patch 2 days ago my fps are jumping up and down. The moment my char is running around, they drop from 62 to 9 to 70 and so on. It gets worse, when there are other player around.

Before the patch i played for month without a problem.

I disabled all new graphic options and then one after the other. The fps jumps are still there.

I hope some of you have a solution for me.

My system:

Windows7
    Intel Core i7 Cpu, Q720 @1.6 GHz
    8,00 Gb Ram
    ATI mobile Radeon 5800
    Everything is updated.

thx for reading

Orys

Hi,

I did a teamviewer session with him and the problem was, that after the patch the game only starts with running 1 core/thread instead, like before, with all cores/threads.
    For some CPUs this is a gain in performance (like mine: I changed it everytime via taskmanager to single core). For him with i7 (8 threads) the performance dropped. The problem here again, you can't switch it anymore .

So for all other out there, me and orys. Can't you add this as option with checkbox to configuration? So if you have performance issues can check the box for use single core/multi core.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

former king of saturn

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/santhoshonli...inity-set.aspx

Alternatively, you can launch then hit task manager and right click-> set affinity on client.exe in the Processes tab.
    /edit: that is not true for Nc apparently. New affinity assignments are not respected.

I can confirm that my client.exe is only running on Core 0 currently. I'm not so sure I ever payed attention to this in the past.

I paid attention to this and the game was running on all threads/cores before the patch was applied. So i could change affinity to single core and my performance increased.

Now that nc is running on single cpu, you cant change the affinity anymore, cause a single core application CAN'T run on multi cores.

Best way will be to change cpu usage back to multicore and add parameters to launcher with what the client will start or that you can change it in launcher or ini file. So you can say: launch my client with sincle core or multi core. But i thibk its not that easy to achieve.

We have noticed yesterday, that the game starts with multi cores. When you enter a server, affinity will change to single.

Thread moved to bug forum.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

So, is there some news to fixing this problem? Zoltan wrote on his twitter acc that we should manually change the number of cores. This is not possible since the game is running on one. I have to ask, since my op fight expierence at the moment consists of coming out of the ug with half my live (i am told, i just stand there for a while) and a whole lot of frozen screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Orys View Post
    This is not possible since the game is running on one.
    How is that not possible on a i7?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Orys View Post
    So, is there some news to fixing this problem? Zoltan wrote on his twitter acc that we should manually change the number of cores. This is not possible since the game is running on one. I have to ask, since my op fight expierence at the moment consists of coming out of the ug with half my live (i am told, i just stand there for a while) and a whole lot of frozen screens.
    This is one of the focus points for our next release. More information on this will be posted as soon as possible. Keep an eye out on the launcher and in the announcements forum.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

In the meanwhile you'll find a small workaround. You need to have administrative privileges so the tool is able to modify the running Neocron process.

How to use:

1) Extract it
    2) Start it
    3) Let it working in the background while you play Neocron.

THIS TOOL IS WRITTEN IN ~5MIN SO THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WILL HELP YOU.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    In the meanwhile you'll find a small workaround. You need to have administrative privileges so the tool is able to modify the running Neocron process.

How to use:

1) Extract it
    2) Start it
    3) Let it working in the background while you play Neocron.

THIS TOOL IS WRITTEN IN ~5MIN SO THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY THAT THIS WILL HELP YOU.
    Thanks But wouldn't it be better to fix the issue? You know how it was before. Why not change it back?

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    Thanks But wouldn't it be better to fix the issue? You know how it was before. Why not change it back?
    This isn't that easy, there are a lots of thing which needs to get in the patch too and these fixes are not ready yet.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Satan and I tested your programm and it does not appear to be working. No difference with the programm or without it. But thanks for the effort. Really appreciate it!