Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i did a lot of drone PvE in R#188, assault drones are bugged/slowed, but AoE drones in caves are a dream. punisher hits multiple targets (so does RK), exp is flowing in. like there was no patch. i have yet to check HC AoE, pistol (minirocket) AoE seemed adequate.
    Especially the starting drones, won't move at all. Believe it was the first two Lightweight Assault drones and the PL-1. The NUKE was the first drone to actually move for me...but some water took that thing out before I even BP'd it.

Oh and the first Scout Drone also, just messed with it to see if it was affected or not and it is.
    Last edited by Hippieman; 15-08-14 at 04:36.

I have leveled a Melee tank completely from scratch to 85str, with constructed weapons of every type along the way. Knuckles, Knives, Swords, Bats, Laser swords. Only thing I haven't touched would be the shockers.

Very VERY little variation in weapons. Zero reason to use anything other than the highest TL weapon you can, as they are all the same frequency and do the same damage within a very narrow margin of difference.

After ~65str, damage seems to fall on its face compared to other classes. Prior to ~65, it seems reasonable but still questionably low considering the danger of being point blank at all times. Manageable but not necessarily enjoyable. Will continue leveling into rares as I get more time.
    ---------------------------

Can echo the drone sentiments, attempted to level a char from scratch with drones but it's very hard, as most of the low level drones will not even move. Seems you need 15-20 dex to acquire drones that work well enough to use.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Issue that came up in op fights:

Main problem spy: The new and finally working True sight sanctum. The rifle spy is back in the game with some really good dmg (AK and Dissy). The problem is, that the spy is the main target (with APU) and you cant stealth away, since the True sight tics now every second and the range is simply to great. One PPU fills a quarter of an op (jerico) with his true sight. That makes the spy pretty useless. Two ppu cover the whole fight. They dont even have to stay with the target and can support their guys. The best solution (in my opinion) would be to decrease the tic to every 3 or 5 seconds, so you have atleast time to get of sight. Another solution would be to decrease the range, so a ppu has to stay with the target (ca. 3-5 meter).

Great move with the Dissy btw! The dmg is great, you destroy the legs of your opponent with the first salve and with the lower frequency you really have to hit your target, which makes the rifle not so overpowered as it used to be.

Default Are burst weapons overpowered in R#188?

Low tech guns seem to be on the lucky side in R#188, so i checked a TL 93 pain easer assault rifle vs a TL 103 desperado street rifle via damage log.

both guns are ammo modded and yield 150% damage on my capped spy skills. i shot a couple of warbots switching the rifles after each shot/burst. it appeared that the pain easer (damage stat perfect 114%) did bursts of 3 on a damage of 52 each (combined 156) while the desperado (damage stat artifact 120%) did 130 damage per shot. at least as long as the magazine lasts, the PE would use 3 times the ammo (compare to the street), but deal roughly 12% more damage - at a TL 10 lower than the rare street rifle.

since the PE does 112 shots/m while the desperado puts out 50 shots/m, it would take roughly 16 secs for the PE to empty a 30 round ammo mag. the desperado would take 18 secs to empty its 15 rounds mag, so both would reload after a comparable time span.

am i correct in assuming that the PE is clearly superior under R#188, beating a weapon 10 TL stronger by at least 10% (or more) damage per minute (damage over time)? does this effect apply to all burst weapons vs single shot guns of comparable TL?

Quote Originally Posted by Orys View Post
    Issue that came up in op fights:

Main problem spy: The new and finally working True sight sanctum. The rifle spy is back in the game with some really good dmg (AK and Dissy). The problem is, that the spy is the main target (with APU) and you cant stealth away, since the True sight tics now every second and the range is simply to great. One PPU fills a quarter of an op (jerico) with his true sight. That makes the spy pretty useless. Two ppu cover the whole fight. They dont even have to stay with the target and can support their guys. The best solution (in my opinion) would be to decrease the tic to every 3 or 5 seconds, so you have atleast time to get of sight. Another solution would be to decrease the range, so a ppu has to stay with the target (ca. 3-5 meter).

Great move with the Dissy btw! The dmg is great, you destroy the legs of your opponent with the first salve and with the lower frequency you really have to hit your target, which makes the rifle not so overpowered as it used to be.
    bullshit, 3-5m... this is the same range like patch 185. the range in patch 188 ist lower than patch 185, but it works correctly! i mean the range info from the spell!
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by da_fu$e View Post
    bullshit, 3-5m... this is the same range like patch 185. the range in patch 188 ist lower than patch 185, but it works correctly! i mean the range info from the spell!
    He meant the range of the sphere is way too high and I agree with that and i'm playing ppu. Another thing is that the animation itself isn't that high or disappears completely, so you don't see when you enter the sphere, only when it's too late.
    Last edited by Satan2k2; 16-08-14 at 12:23.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

3-5 meter would be the decreased range of the whole sphere, not the radius from monk to one side (that was a suggestion, not how it is atm). And before you doubt me, how about you stop reading the spell info and start trying it out. The spell range from monk to one side of the sphere covers the whole length of the hackterm building (jerico). Meaning if your ppu stands before the the hackterm, you cover yos, hackterm building and the southern entrance. With 1 tic per second (true sight) the stealth tool is useless and the only advantage that allows a spy to survive a fight is gone.

And before you doubt me, how about you stop reading the spell info and start trying it out. With 1 tic per second (true sight) the stealth tool is useless and the only advantage that allows a spy to survive a fight is gone.
    Before you doubt that he has never tested it on his own...he is one of the ppus who got you out of stealth every time!-I assume you're on Reckless too if Satan steps in for you.
    Maybe you have to overthink your whole gameplay! A good Spy/Player was able to go "all in", kill his target and get out without suffering a lot of harm by himself. Maybe the AE-Weapons were the only real Option how to kill a good Spy, but since they are not viable atm you wouldn't be able to kill a good player without the working Truesight.
    Now the Spy is a real Assassin/Sharpshooter, he has to decide wheter to go all in and eventually never get back into stealth again or stay out of Truesight and pick apart a target at range (with less damage).
    So you really have to make a decission now, which is better than it was before. ,
    I don't know if you have ever fighted against Peter's Pommesbude, if so you wouldn't say a word against it. The people crying about it are just mad because the can't roflstomp over their keyboards anymore, resetting every fight with their stealthtools as often as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD No.7 BrAnD View Post
    Before you doubt that he has never tested it on his own...he is one of the ppus who got you out of stealth every time!-I assume you're on Reckless too if Satan steps in for you.
    Maybe you have to overthink your whole gameplay! A good Spy/Player was able to go "all in", kill his target and get out without suffering a lot of harm by himself. Maybe the AE-Weapons were the only real Option how to kill a good Spy, but since they are not viable atm you wouldn't be able to kill a good player without the working Truesight.
    Now the Spy is a real Assassin/Sharpshooter, he has to decide wheter to go all in and eventually never get back into stealth again or stay out of Truesight and pick apart a target at range (with less damage).
    So you really have to make a decission now, which is better than it was before. ,
    I don't know if you have ever fighted against Peter's Pommesbude, if so you wouldn't say a word against it. The people crying about it are just mad because the can't roflstomp over their keyboards anymore, resetting every fight with their stealthtools as often as needed.
    I fighted against peter's pommesbude very often, I know how annyoing it was against those spies And I hated it to have no working true sight sanctum. But on the other hand, the now working true sight with this mass range isn't realy balanced in my opinion. Yes, without the working AOE in PvP it's the most effective way to kill a spy nowadays. But at the same time we should assume the following: In a balanced way, the AOE should do damage in PvP and with working AOE the true sight is way to unbalanced as it is now. Either the tick or the range should be decreased.

Edit: and like I wrote, sometimes the animation isn't there for the sphere, so you don't know if there is true sight on, until you're "all in" and surprised.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz

@Brand
    You speak of going "all in" with a spy. The moment you go up from the Ug you are in the fight. You are visible, cant stealth away, you are the main target and you have the least resis (besides apu). I cant attack from a distance, since there is none. Before the patch it was a fair fight. A spy was only as good as his ability to stealth and a tank (against spy) only as good as his winding.

@Brand
    You speak of going "all in" with a spy. The moment you go up from the Ug you are in the fight. You are visible, cant stealth away, you are the main target and you have the least resis (besides apu). I cant attack from a distance, since there is none. Before the patch it was a fair fight. A spy was only as good as his ability to stealth and a tank (against spy) only as good as his winding.
    enjoy the fight from other OP/GR what ever and not from the UG. use your mind to find other ways and not the QQ way.

EDIT: fail when you leave the UG at first
    Last edited by da_fu$e; 16-08-14 at 17:16.
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

@Brand
    - Nobody ever said you have to come out of the UG. -Simply take another OP/GR and come from the outside. So you still can decide wheter to go "all in" or not.
    - Before the patch fights weren't balanced since Spies were the dominant class in OP-fights. You simply had to bring them (e.g.: PPB/Infected). If you really wanna argue against that fact you simply tell us, that you haven't ever fought good clans/spies before this patch.
    - Nowdays spies are very viable, they still can be very effective, but as most of the classes right now they're easy to learn and hard to master.

But i do understand that crying on forums is easier than mastering a class.

@Brand
    No brainer !!! GJ

Before the patch, I would simply barrel you down...

Maybe try to think about tactics first... use a diffrent GR or try to predict enemies movement so you can intercept them before they startet to camp the UG...

if you are not able to do something like this.. reroll a no-brainer class like tank and start talking shit like my tank needs stealth because i die when i come out of the ug... XD

I thought this thread was about the patch and not about flaming others?
    Sure there are other ways to play the spy, but why should we now play against the given game mechanics, cause just a new patch appeared?

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz

Don't use a spy, use a tank like everyone else This patch was all about bringing back tankocron wasn't it?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast