i started playing in late 02, and i'm not strongly convinced Neocron really needs APUs, other than for leveling up PPUs. we should think up a more technical combat support class instead. at least to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i started playing in late 02, and i'm not strongly convinced Neocron really needs APUs, other than for leveling up PPUs. we should think up a more technical combat support class instead. at least to my opinion.
    I'm not strongly convinced I value your opinion on that matter.

Back in the day, hybrids were a extremely fun farming / solo-PvE class. Unfortunately, when pushed to the limits, also very overpowered in 1on1. Instead of removing the class that was castrated and crippled time after time, maybe attempt to reimplement skill versatility (not just for monks) into the balance. Neocron used to be special in that your chars could combine various traits with individual strengths and weaknesses. It's gotten a lot duller since - not just because people optimized the skill builds, but also due to the past failures in balancing changes.

From what I've read, I like to believe that the NST has the right ideas about balancing, but I remain sceptical if the few DEV/QA hours available for its implementation will suffice to avoid another history repeated.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    From what I've read, I like to believe that the NST has the right ideas about balancing, but I remain sceptical if the few DEV/QA hours available for its implementation will suffice to avoid another history repeated.
    I like to believe that, too In the end only the final patch applied to Titan will reveal whether our ideas were right or not.

As we have just seen with the R186 patch series your doubts on whether we have enough manpower available to do especially the QA are very well justified. In that regard we heavily rely on the community to help us in testing and giving us detailed feedback. Having enough manpower available on the DEV side of things is also somewhat a problem. Once there are not enough people working on the task of balancing you might miss out important options, ideas or the likes.

Filling these empty spots on the teams with people is however very complicated. You need people who get that balancing is not all about "my APU now does less damage per shot than before, it is broken, fix it". One has to see the bigger picture, all the interdependencies and come up with new setups, new ways to play. Ideally those people need to be able to code to write tools themselves. They need to be able to dig through knee deep shit to investigate problems.

Another severe problem is: we cannot design everything from scratch, we have a framework which we need to fit our balancing into. Therefore we have constraints, quite a lot of constraints.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    We'll have a more general update for everyone as soon as possible. This will cover what the current focus is and a time frame for the next patch.
    You can find the discussion of this announcement here.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011