Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Ok you clearly do not have any kind of clue of how bad the balancing is currently.
    APU's are useless, melee is useless, PE's are pretty damn bad (although not nearly as bad as APU/Melee).

Theres VERY few weapons used in PvP atm.
    BHG with Ionic Pistol the the most used for spies (and the only thing used for PC spies).
    Dissy gets used a little aswell (as the only rifle).
    Tanks have it a bit better.. They have a woopin' 3 weapons that are used.. CS, Dev and Ionic Cannon.

So yeah, the balancing is very fucking needed. And is the only thing that gives NC any kinds of hope for a future.
    Ok, so to relate some personal memories, I remember when everyone beefed apu's were over powered, than under powered, then hybrids where the new ones to hate, melee was badass & THE only thing to use that'd kill a monk.
    And in the intervening years that I've been away I bet all of that has flip flopped a dozen times over.
    It's too much micromanaging of the classes, so I say dump it, also remove all restrictions. If some glutton for punishment wants to make a psi monk tank let him.
    Every once in a while you gotta sick your finger in the pot & stir things up

And no auto poker machine? How does something like that get overlooked. So I'd have to either auto poke, but using those pts won't allow me to test my setup right or dual log make an exclusive poker just to poke my others ?

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Ok, so to relate some personal memories, I remember when everyone beefed apu's were over powered, than under powered, then hybrids where the new ones to hate, melee was badass & THE only thing to use that'd kill a monk.
    And in the intervening years that I've been away I bet all of that has flip flopped a dozen times over.
    It's too much micromanaging of the classes, so I say dump it, also remove all restrictions. If some glutton for punishment wants to make a psi monk tank let him.
    Every once in a while you gotta sick your finger in the pot & stir things up

And no auto poker machine? How does something like that get overlooked. So I'd have to either auto poke, but using those pts won't allow me to test my setup right or dual log make an exclusive poker just to poke my others ?
    Dev's should remove implant subskill requirement for the test server.

Its not been overlooked, we asked for this since the start... they just keep saying its not possible or something.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Heywood, I think you're missing a little bit of crucial information here that changes the situation a lot.

Most of the players currently around are in this for the PVP and play the PVP in Neocron because that is exactly what they want. Neglecting to further continue development on this topic will result in disappointment all across The current voluntary developers are closer than ever to bringing a good balanced state, this is due to their programming work done to allow for a much better and easy way to adjust stuff.

The current state of Neocron allows for a lot of on the fly adjusting, something that was never possible in the past due to poor and quick programming done. The volunteer guys will confirm this

I think the voluntary guys are well on their way and should absolutely continue on their current path, which WILL lead to success

I personally am someone who doesn't PvP, nor play currently, but I follow Neocron, always, and know that this is on the right path. Also I am someone with the highest respect to the voluntary guys and much appreciate their countless efforts to build a better Neocron.

It is their passion and they love (mostly I presume ) spending their time on this product!

I agree & disagree Silent.

You mentioned that you weren't in it for the pvp, and I think that's true in a broader sense for this game and most games across the board.
    The devs that I had become friends with had told me that even they themselves were not big on pvp but it was an aspect of the game that they hoped would set it aside from others out there.
    At the time there were not a lot. AO only had it's notum wars where it was a free for all only within a notum fields suppression area & at it's ripe time.
    I recall in SWG there was this arrangement to come to a duel, you aimed & pressed your fire button & it was your setup that determined who won.
    I can't recall the systems for Endless Ages or Project Entropia (though like neocron that still exists).
    People wonder why someone would play second life (is it still around) or the sims and it's for that escapism. Some like old timey middle ages bows & arrows stuff, some like glossy future & some like their future with a little filth on it. But it's not pvp'ers that make up the majority of this or any game. If that were true all the hardcore players & griefers would flock to it & it's be swimming in loot. Since that's not the case there must be only a handful of them.

I was in a big clan, huge, NAT (New Age Tangerines) which morphed to New Dawn. There were times when we owned every op on the map, and this was at a time when there actually were a lot of people on who could fight back against us. Though we all loved op fights & pvp, that wasn't the primary reason we played. A clan with upwards of 100 members all with multiple paid accounts. That was good cash for KK back then.

So now at at 11pm est last night it says the server is at 2%. Well there's more then 2 of us on so it can't be 100, 2% of 1000, 20 people, I'd believe that.

The 5-10 people bouncing around like jackrabbits in PP1 zoning in & out and essentially just shooting each other and getting healed over 15 min till they get tired don't & should not dictate the course of a game.

I really appreciate the time & effort that the volunteers put in for this game. If they are those 5-10 hardcore pvp'ers bravo to you. But If they ever want to seriously remount a comeback for the game some radical changes need to be made

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The 5-10 people bouncing around like jackrabbits in PP1 zoning in & out and essentially just shooting each other and getting healed over 15 min till they get tired don't & should not dictate the course of a game.

I really appreciate the time & effort that the volunteers put in for this game. If they are those 5-10 hardcore pvp'ers bravo to you. But If they ever want to seriously remount a comeback for the game some radical changes need to be made
    No, but those 5-10 cry the loudest, so they are the first to get their pacifier...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

(without quoting since it'd be a large quote)

A lot of these things are staple things in NC. While some quality of life tweaks, such as respawning unused vehicles after an hour or so would be nice, it's not entirely necessary.

As for a tank aoe leveling and a droner leveling, well they tend to balance themselves I think. Even with lots of resists, and a health pool to back it up, a tank has a hard time taking on groups of enemies, especially ones that often do dot damage which stacks. Yet they can aoe from certain areas and angles to offset that. The work around for that is kind of how a typical group setup would work, you'd need a dedicated ppu to pocket heal the tank while he does the dps'ing, but with a small (yet dedicated) population putting together this tradition healer/dps dynamic is not quite easy. Especially if you don't have a group to play with or you are playing during non-EU prime time (such as for us North Americans).

As for the droner it also tends to balance itself out. While you may have accuracy and targeting issues to begin, as soon as you can get a RK drone you can level a lot faster than waiting on a single target attack to home in the reticle. Some may think rigging is imbalanced because its very fast to level, and easily lom'd over to another spec, but riggers still don't have a large health pool or large amount of resists on their actual person. Much like getting caught with your pants down you still need to play with some form of caution with a class that, literally leaves their body standing still somewhere.

I do hope we get some quality of life changes, but at the same time I don't want things to be too easy.

it's funny how you ed off with the vehicle thing.

After the first time My quad garaged after 24hrs. So I went out and was tagging genreps from west to east. Not remembering if there was a genrep at escador oasis I headed there. There's probably a total of about 7 buildings there (not counting the ones across the water by the city admin camp)
    Escador was loaded with Scary Terror Maulers. I was not at a level where I could solo them so i parked at the furthest bldg & went to see if there was a genrep, I got burned & died

5 days

whole

days

I waited. No quad in the garage. So last night I run from el farid to there and there are a few terror maulers there, this time i can solo them BUT I was the first mook in that sector in 5 days, so i reset it. By the time I killed the mauler closest to the quad it had re-garaged itself.

Now every night at neocron midnight (00:00) if you are in the middle of killing something or whatever it disappears a moment & then reappears. Why aren't zones times to reset at 00:00, thereby making whatever derelict vehicles are out there garage themselves. I'd love an extremely detailed explanation because on my own I'd then delve into the problem and speak to devs I know (not nc ones) and find a solution to a 13yr old prob

On a better note there were a few times this weekend when i was at MB bunker and it was pandemonium. 6-10 people of all classes teamed, running around killing everything there was, sometimes so fast we'd have a min to wait till stuff started respawning. It felt like the old days & it was good

Hello heywood,

Alduin mentioned it already:

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    [...]
    As for the quad/vehicle issue: it is mostly a technical issue why despawning takes so long, hard to work around it currently.
    The worldsector needs to be online to get your vehicle despawned this is unfortunately a part of the worldservers fundamental architecture and can't be fixed in a short term . A worldsector becomes "offline" within ~30 sec if there is no player active.

You can try this:

A) Enter the sector and keep the worldserver online. You don't have to be near to your vehicle its okay to stay on the corner of a sector to avoid contact with some mobs.

or

B) Contact a GM via ticket system. A GM can't reset your vehicle by clicking on a button he / she needs to do the same like i mention it at point A
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Hello heywood,

The worldsector needs to be online to get your vehicle despawned this is unfortunately a part of the worldservers fundamental architecture and can't be fixed in a short term . A worldsector becomes "offline" within ~30 sec if there is no player active.
    I understand fixing the fundamental problem will take longer, but couldn't you build a function, or script if it could be that simple, that loads each unused sector for the time period necessary to despawn vehicles on a rotating basis? Once per hour for each zone, if that doesn't create too much demand. If it does, find the right mark and let it do its thing until the root of the problem is fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12