Thread: FoM is on Steam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FoM is on Steam

Face Of Mankind appeared on Steam. First as Early Access, now in f2p section. We all know that if NC was on steam then there will be more players, but when I saw FoM reviews I am afraid that will do more harn than good.
    List of things that people complain the most in reviews and what we can do in NC to avoid similiar reviews:
    • "Lack of tutorial" - NC has tutorial that need improvements as well as MC5 starter area.
    • "Clunky controls" - NC has no problem with controls if you get used to right click activate.
    • "I have no idea what to do" - It appear that people doesnt understand what "sandbox game" mean, we need to emphasis that in NC pve is only for brief preparation for pvp fights.
    • "Ugly graphics" - NC graphics are not that bad, pumping resolution of textures + some improvements for models and game still can live for next 10 years.
    • "Clunky UI" - rpos ui in NC is fine, just add how to use navray to tutorial, mission window could be little more informative too.

That's it for now, I will keep on eye for more reviews, elements that FoM have wrong, we could have better.

Yes and this is the reason why Neocron isn't on Steam yet. There are lots of things that needs to be changed, improved or just fixed before any release via Steam happens but I am pretty sure we debated many times about it in the past.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 18-07-14 at 16:39.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

If you put NC on Steam now it would like Rocky fighting in the first Rocky film - hes good but hes not quite great yet.

If you wait for a few months/new year/whenever the balancing is finished then it would be like Rocky in Rocky 4... he would be pwning all the other free to play wannabes everywhere. With a small dev team working part time stuff takes time to get fixed but when its done you will probably see tonnes of people who have never heard of nc flock to play it because its new/free/something different.

At that point its up to the playerbase to make them stay.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

p.s If NC goes on steam it really does need a montage.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    p.s If NC goes on steam it really does need a montage.
    You mean... a montage? Fer al dem k3wl kidz0rs?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    You mean... a montage? Fer al dem k3wl kidz0rs?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8hOKNbtxg he meant that (its a quote from Team America tho.)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

But you can add Neocron as third party game to you Steam library and you can do promotion by starting neocron with Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    But you can add Neocron as third party game to you Steam library and you can do promotion by starting neocron with Steam
    Good point <3
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

I say get this new patch out and the kinks worked out, if a lot of people start returning to the game and it gets the population to 20% release on steam. Continue to patch with content ect.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    • "Lack of tutorial" - NC has tutorial that need improvements as well as MC5 starter area.
    • "Clunky UI" - rpos ui in NC is fine, just add how to use navray to tutorial, mission window could be little more informative too.
    I think the MC5 starter area should be removed entirely, throughout the years I have seen a lot of quick belts there. I think more players would have stayed if they had reached and toured the city.

The UI was better in NC1. Now its over the top, as if the person who designed it got a bit carried away trying to make it look futuristic.

Wasn't there a dude once who was like ranked 40 still in MC5? When asked what he was doing there he replied he thought that MC5 was the actual game. lol
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
    Wasn't there a dude once who was like ranked 40 still in MC5? When asked what he was doing there he replied he thought that MC5 was the actual game. lol
    Errrrr, yes there was a such guy
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Errrrr, yes there was a such guy
    That was you, Z.. Wasent it?
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    The tutorial was out of date when NC launched. Personally it should be scrapped altogether - without a full dev team, you can't keep it relevant at all times. Better to have ingame hints.

• "I have no idea what to do" - It appear that people doesnt understand what "sandbox game" mean, we need to emphasis that in NC pve is only for brief preparation for pvp fights.
    See above: While NC has always had a steep learning-curve, it also has some walls in too many places for basic things. I personally don't want info spoon-fed to players, but there are some major stumbling blocks in the early stages. Getting new runners clued into the idea that asking other players how to to do something right from the start as a norm needs to be made clearer.

• "Ugly graphics" - NC graphics are not that bad, pumping resolution of textures + some improvements for models and game still can live for next 10 years.
    The texture quality currently on the player models (and a few select others) is quite good, the style of said models I personally find lacking. From what I understand though, new models are difficult to introduce.

I personally like the design of the RPOS over the NC1 version, but have issues with it's 'hitboxes' (or whatever the term is). They overlap in a way that you click on an 'exposed' area to bring it forward, but you're actually clicking on another. The armour window is a prime culprit, even blocking you from placing items in others.

All of the above we are well aware of and are trying to address, but the actual amount of work required is far higher than people think. Work is being done, but it will be a wait. As ever, if you want to help speed it along, feel welcome to apply to join the NST.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    wait for a few months/new year/whenever the balancing is finished
    *Sprays beer over monitor.*
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    *Sprays beer over monitor.*
    Optimism like hope, springs eternal.

Its not an accurate guess then? New year is only 4 months away and there is still plenty of stuff to be fixed/balanced/changed/tweaked in nc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast