Ahh Elite Dangerous. That is looking gorgeous from the screenshots and video's. Anyone here played the 1984 Original BBC Micro Classic?

I've see Star Citizen has a way bigger budget (2 million pound vs 30 million pound odd) but SC seems to be a very ambitious project.

Look forward to them both.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Anyone here played the 1984 Original BBC Micro Classic?
    I played it every day at during lunch break at school. Yes, that's how old I am.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    I played it every day at during lunch break at school. Yes, that's how old I am.
    It's lunchtime - go play again with a Beeb in a JS emulator! http://bbc.godbolt.org/

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    It's lunchtime - go play again with a Beeb in a JS emulator! http://bbc.godbolt.org/
    LOL, yeah. Someone posted it on the ED forums. Brought back memories.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

That ED soundtrack in the trailer somehow reminds me of Black Prophecy.. :|

In general it looks like the game BP should have become in the first place...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Elite. Finally! I played this when I was 11 or 12, so I feel really happy, but should we really be paying for a beta, even if they ask if punters could work for free for them?! I think I may play this when they're released their beautiful bounty.

Elite: Dangerous - Premium Beta
    Play now and be part of the Elite: Dangerous development team!

Get access to the first Beta stage of the game and help us shape Elite: Dangerous!

• Beta online multiplayer PLUS Single Player Combat missions to develop your Sidewinder skills
    • Automatic access to all the Beta development stages
    • All major downloadable expansion packs as they are released
    • A download copy of the released game

The FULL Premium Beta is OUT NOW.

Availability: In stock
    €120.00

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Elite. Finally! I played this when I was 11 or 12, so I feel really happy, but should we really be paying for a beta, even if they ask if punters could work for free for them?!
    Future will bring more new ways like payed beta access to fund games since traditional models seem to be wanning more and more...
    It worked on Warframe.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The REAL Walker

Last time I payed to play a beta, was 7 months ago. That game is still in Beta.
    Im personally not doing it again tbh.

Im fed up with abundance of early access and beta's that you have to pay for.
    I'll happily test games (beta's), and I'll happily pay for released games.
    I will however not pay for some game that might or might not be a good game, some time in the future.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

yea i payed top tier for Archeage, just to find out a game i waited for years and years to play (and paid US$150 to get into alpha, etc) is actually pretty crappy because there are so many WoW type mechaincs, rather than Neo or UO style like it should have been.

I will pay to get into other betas, im thinking of the $40 option for Star Citizen, it does look ok, i would rather pay $40 for ED, 120P is way, way too much.

It makes me sad that Black prophecy failed =( I actually enjoyed how the ship controlled and the combat was pretty fun as a concept. Sadly I always got to about level 10 then the boring as hell never ending grind made me stop playing..
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    FOMK was created as a NC clone by people unhappy with KK and how they had implemented or had not implemented aspects of the game, instead of supporting NC in spite of the frustrations it meant (seeing how slow, stubborn and deaf to community input KK as a company was at times).
    This is incorrect. The earliest mention of Face of Mankind on the internet is December 2001, when Duplex announced that they had licensed the Lithtech Jupiter engine. Considering Neocron didn't move into open beta until August 2002, precious few people would have had the opportunity to play Neocron and reach those kinds of conclusions, and certainly not enough to form a competitor. It's entirely possible that, given FoM's extremely protracted development cycle, former Neocroners influenced the direction of FoM later on, but FoM was not specifically created because of them.

Yes, I know I'm bumping a 1-month old thread. Not much else to talk about around here, but I still like to pop my head in once in a while. Hi everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NS_CHROME54 View Post
    This is incorrect. The earliest mention of Face of Mankind on the internet is December 2001, when Duplex announced that they had licensed the Lithtech Jupiter engine. Considering Neocron didn't move into open beta until August 2002, precious few people would have had the opportunity to play Neocron and reach those kinds of conclusions, and certainly not enough to form a competitor. It's entirely possible that, given FoM's extremely protracted development cycle, former Neocroners influenced the direction of FoM later on, but FoM was not specifically created because of them.

Yes, I know I'm bumping a 1-month old thread. Not much else to talk about around here, but I still like to pop my head in once in a while. Hi everyone.
    huh, learning something new every day. I always thought it was a reaction to Neocron. I feel smarter already

Lots of nc players went there after they got hacked off with KK. That might be the memory you have, however they found FOMK to be as bad if not worse and some even returned to nc.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12