Default High Voltage, Gamma, or Flazer for laser rifle

I got a 3 slot TT epic laser rifle and I'm trying to figure out how to mod it. I know that I want a scope, but what about the two other mods? I know high voltage is just extra energy (right?) and probably useless for pvp, but does it do bonus damage (compared to other mods) for pve? Help!

I'm mostly farming fire mobs, but may also do warbots. This gun is for tech part farming.

Thanks!
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

High Voltage is the best option for PvE. Scope is horrible though.

The REAL Walker

Definitely High Voltage for PvE.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Gamma for firemobs?

always high voltage on leveling laser weapons, then you can level everywhere

the scope is shit, laserpointer and even lamp/silencer is better

sadly the scope isnt really helpful. i usually put it on fusion rifles to get a little extra sniping range (PvE only). maybe you want to try it on a lesser gun before putting it into the epic.

...oh, and according to THN Warbots, Hoverbots and Ceres Bots have energy and xray resists, so you want flazer/fire for farming.

Nobody farms them. Fire mobs get farmed. Warbots is literally a change of scenery only. Not as efficient by any stretch of the imagination.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Nobody farms them.
    i do. peaceful and efficient if you herd them into small piles of dead metal. you guys keep the dragons, ok?

There's advantages and disadvantages to both.

WBs have a higher drop-rate than the equivalent level firemobs and the mobs encountered with them are lower level and easier to get rid of.

Firemobs don't require hacking and the grims always drop at least one tech.

I do very well with WBs, but I haven't really explored whether one or the other produces more techs per hour.

While the threadstarter was asking for general hints on ammo type selection, so i pointed to bots as an example for a different damage type setup, choosing your preferred tech part farming objects depends on individual taste. Typical mob behaviour, types of by-catch, colour of the zone. Youll probably find what your prefs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    There's advantages and disadvantages to both.

WBs have a higher drop-rate than the equivalent level firemobs and the mobs encountered with them are lower level and easier to get rid of.

Firemobs don't require hacking and the grims always drop at least one tech.

I do very well with WBs, but I haven't really explored whether one or the other produces more techs per hour.

Tanks dont hack. Simple.

Warbotting as a tank is pointless obviously.

I think this thread highlights the difference between peaceful levelling by yourself for fun (Torgs post) and farming (best guns - Creed then - highest level fire armour and all out farming setup - ass loads of fire resist).

Farming (as above by definition) firemobbing far and away wipes the floor with warbots. Bigger spawns, more mobs, better xp, more cash, better junk. Better rare drops (in terms of numbers) alone beats warbotting hands down.

If you want to collect masses of rare parts quickly you do not go warbotting, it is futile for a farmer. If you want to go out and enjoy the atmosphere and casually shoot a few npcs and collect a few rares in a quiet environment then yeah sure go for it. If youre wanting to gear up for pvp, make high slotted guns, outfit your clan for opfighting etc then you go firemobbing. For all of the reasons stated above.

If you are levelling other chars (pistol/rifle/drone users) then sure you can do either as a change of pace and any of the other levelling spots suitable to the specific class you are levelling, but if its farming then it has to be firemobs.

i dont agree to the opinion that "farming = tanks". to my understanding its any repeated killing of NPCs or mobs of a similar type with the primary goal to gather loot. some people are even farming cyclops.

Ok well the most efficient farming then. Farming cyclops for any reason is far from efficient past about level 20. Either way, its down to the opinion of the poster and as previously stated my opinion is the maximum output and minimum downtime is what I consider to be a "farming" set up.