You would easily get actors for a video about pvp.

All you want is maybe 2-3 scenes. One at an OP, one in Pepper Park and one somewhere randomly in the wastelands. If you are serious about running an event then take some footage of that event.

Failing that rip off a few of Faid's videos (I doubt he will mind given proper credit). They were pretty good I seem to recall. Pvp hasnt changed much down the years, just the names have changed.

The point of the video is - as the original slogan said "you will never die alone" - to get Op fighting AND pepper park fighting to provide the emphasis that PVP can and WILL happen almost anywhere. Open world PVP is a big seller in this game. Lots of games do not have that thrill of being ganked just around the corner. It is, in my mind, why many of the pvp half of the game keep coming back to NC.

Showing that off to the noobs/potential clients is a huge selling point. It CANNOT be overlooked.

As for the not clan specific stuff..... tbh that doesnt matter too much as I doubt whether too many noobs are going to actually remember clan tags from videos!

Besides if youre going to "direct" some footage then you can easily get a few dozen people to provide set security "off camera" so to speak and then get a few red players (enemy I mean) to duke it out in Pepper Park 3. If you tell everyone else that filming is in progress and to stay out of the zone I am sure they will oblige.

If they dont then just have a few guys covering the GR and a few more at the zone exits.

Make sure to get strippers in at least one of the videos though! You need strippers!

As for tutorials - please get someone with a flat accent who is used to public speaking. One of the things I hate about Youtube is the complete lack of narrating ability that some great videos have. Either too strong accents, too much slang, swearing and generally sounding like they cant be arsed in their vocal tones all put me off listening to some people. Part of my job involves briefing senior officers and the one thing that really comes across when listening to said briefs is the tone of the delivery, if you dont sound enthusiastic why should your audience pay attention to you? Hopefully you understand what I mean. At the same time coming across all fanboi and desperate ruins things too.

Anyway I am no Steven Spielberg but if it was me filming it thats the kind of thing I would want to see. I would want a script to read too tbh if it was me recording the voice over.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Oh, Faid I´m pretty sure I could convince, he´s got some decent stuff I agree.

I´m sure a script could be arranged for most of the stuff, and I agree there are some awful voiceovers out there. I´m a journalist by trade, so writing and voiceovers I have some training in. When it comes to accent tho, I am norwegian, and that would probably shine through. I mean I work alright on TS, but I´d probably rather have someone with english as their mother tongue read it.

Maybe Hell-Demon has a lovely speaking voice, you never know.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Without sounding racist actually some foreign speakers do have a better grasp of english than some native speakers. Some of my german mates speak better english than i do! Avoiding anything from too far north (geordies and above) or too far south (Mockneys etc) and anyone from Birmingham (no offence but its the worst accent for a narrator) then most decent English speakers could pull it off.

I dont think we need Patrick Stuart or any budding thespian but just someone who sounds natural on tape.

Apparently when you listen to your own voice played back on tape the reason it sounds different is because your ear hears a different octave or something to external sounds than the internal ones from your mouth. I read that recently - something along those lines anyway - which is why we always cringe when we hear ourselves on drunk voicemails.

So if anyone does read this and does have a go, please dont be disheartened basically!!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Make sure to get strippers in at least one of the videos though! You need strippers!
    Agreed! Strippers are great!

Apparently when you listen to your own voice played back on tape the reason it sounds different is because your ear hears a different octave or something to external sounds than the internal ones from your mouth. I read that recently - something along those lines anyway - which is why we always cringe when we hear ourselves on drunk voicemails.
    I sound like a fucking retard, when I listen to my voice on tape..

Sorry for not adding anything important
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 02-03-14 at 15:51. Reason: Thread hijacking

I'd be very interested in making some new video's for this kind of stuff, Ill probably start in on it today

I just want to say on the subject of wastelands stuff why not do it like this.

Show them what they might face out there but not specify where it is. Example a quick snapshot of the blood viper king (i still think he is hands down the best boss mob in this game. He is beautiful and so deadly at the same time) or maybe a Warbot Juggernaught or the chaos queen and the swamp shaman (for the sake of completeness).

You could do a flash shot of the woc tunnels too and the doy tunnels level 3 (doy unit being the focus imo) but put that in a montage as it shows the high end content for pve that is in existence. It would probably be the best to film it through a drone eye view over a runner (for the ease of filming nothing more) and then edit out the hud.

I love the ideas though i have to say.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Faid, my man. Cool if you were to get in on this, you´ve got some skills. And I´m not just saying that because you´re one of the few who actually plays PPU voluntarily.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

I've been thinking up some stuff all day, shot some footage and wrote up a script for the research guide already. Been thinking of a trailer of sorts for the game, got a soundtrack i wanna use, im gonna try and come up with an idea for the video, I like Docs idea about the different area's. I think i want to add a narration track to it as well, things are flowing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nsomnia View Post
    [ edited - thread hijacking ]
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 02-03-14 at 15:52. Reason: Off topic

[ edited - Thread hijacking. Please use helpdesk@neocron.com ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 02-03-14 at 15:53.

Avoiding anything from too far north (geordies and above)
    Oi! What pray tell is wrong with Geordies?! :P

Besides if youre going to "direct" some footage then you can easily get a few dozen people to provide set security "off camera" so to speak and then get a few red players (enemy I mean) to duke it out in Pepper Park 3. If you tell everyone else that filming is in progress and to stay out of the zone I am sure they will oblige.
    If you have trouble finding traffic free areas in which to do a spot of on location filming, Sparta is online (if it's not, give us a kick in #neocron) as a potential backup.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    If you have trouble finding traffic free areas in which to do a spot of on location filming, Sparta is online (if it's not, give us a kick in #neocron) as a potential backup.
    Thats actually not a bad idea! That way it could pretty much be controlled 100% who was there.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

i would still like to think people could put aside petty grievances for the sake of an hour or twos worth of filming and even maybe we can find a few budding stars in the making. I know. this is the carebear in me speaking but i can live in hope.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    i would still like to think people could put aside petty grievances for the sake of an hour or twos worth of filming and even maybe we can find a few budding stars in the making. I know. this is the carebear in me speaking but i can live in hope.
    You mean like ignoring a little PR event in some remote corner of the world? Yeah... right...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast