Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post

How does any of this relate to this thread?

Well I'm glad you asked. People can go on tangents, but I would just like to reply to William since this was his "smart" idea.

"Having all of your outposts locked to GR/C does nothing to promote the freedom of exploration in Neocron and does nothing for the new players who want to experience life in this wonderful game of ours. " - Said by William Antrim

Promote the freedom of exploration? I'm sorry, I didn't know we were a marketing team for all of Neocron. Freedom of exploration doesn't need to be promoted when it exists in plain sight. Want to explore? Start at A_08 and walk. Want to explore a random sector? Find the nearest Venture Warp. Want to explore but can't? Tell the developers to fix BWD (which, they are pretty good about fixing, they just need a quick poke ) From an RP standpoint, i'm no expert, but i'm pretty sure Black Dragon is the least qualified faction to promote freedom of exploration. It doesn't take a prodigious scientist to realize that no faction is really qualified to promote freedom of exploration instead of maybe NEXT? Hmm.. Just throwing it out there.

You (William Antrium) may not care for op fighting tactics, which includes using your own UG (Underground, for those folks who use 'UGs' as another name of Unressed Tech Parts) for buffs. You may not even know what it feels like to defend an op by yourself. If you did, you'd know how beneficial having the Underground locked is.

But wait, you forgot to address the whole "ninja" op thingy

True story. Go ahead and ninja ops, you'll just be like the aforementioned group of clans you've included in your posts. You'll give us BS reasons [@Divide: "can't control my kids"] or [@AfterDark: "hax, you cheat, blah blah, hacker!"]. The reason why 17th owns the ops we do is because those prior to owning ops decided to quit playing the game. Just look at the new clan, Anarchy Breed. They took the remainder of LG's ops after we took the rest because LG was no longer in the op scene. What i'm getting at here is that there are justified reasons as to why some ops are to be ninja'd.

How do we resurrect the op scene?

Well our way to resurrect the op scene was to take 1 outpost a day from the above clans until they came back and took it back. All we ever wanted was a fight. And it worked at least a couple times. I can recall a ton of LG logging on, on a Monday and they gave us a pretty darn good fight.

So LG and TASA, no longer in the picture. But this is a welcome for others to come fight. The only reason why 17th owns ops is for others to come and poke us for fights. Don't have Syncon? That's fine, come attack an op that suits your GR list (i.g. Regants). The point is, we're not afraid to lose, we lose, we win, it doesn't matter. What matters is having competition in the op scene which like Divide has put it, "all the power to ya".
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I missed your point but you can pm me if you wish and I will address it.

This thread is not about who won that fight there at XXX op or who owned who. It is about the game itself and changes to it.
    Can't believe I have to simplify it down for some folks. But here ya go, short and sweet.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

While not really wanting to keep this thread alive any longer i do find the solution of venture warping as a viable method of travel pretty damn funny.

I have to say its almost like a few years ago when biglines used to say hey guys you dont need woc to compete in pvp as a spy just use a disruptor....... (if anyone remembers this?)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I'm talking about the one that got edited. Quoting a wall of text with more sarcasm does nothing for the spirit of good discussion so I will continue to ignore the rest of that too.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

[edit]
    Last edited by Baldur; 27-02-14 at 22:31. Reason: spam

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I'm talking about the one that got edited. Quoting a wall of text with more sarcasm does nothing for the spirit of good discussion so I will continue to ignore the rest of that too.
    I understand guy, you still don't have a come back for that wall of text regardless if it's sarcasm or not. You're wrong and you won't admit it. The spirit of discussion is over, and just like the .gif that BlueRobot posted above my post, my job here is done. You haven't even addressed I See Blue's post to its entirety. You have said nothing of substance that benefits the community, you're basically just ignoring everyone's opinions in favor of your own.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

I addressed the pertinent points. The rest is rhetoric and hyperbole.

I love how Baldur edits bluerobots GIF as spam but leaves this in as being ok lol awesome mod skills

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post

I See Blue wins, thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by r3yka View Post
    I See Blue wins, thread closed

clearly not though....
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

You guys are still riled up then I can see. Not gonna get much mature discussion with that.

Faid having a moan about the staff again... Well I never saw that coming!

Hey willie you see that " " it means I'm joking. And please stop all this noble crap as if you're so high and mighty. Your posts are wrought with backhanded snide insults, all the while you criticize people for giving it back. You can't have it both ways m8. I don't know if you even realize what you're doing when you post. You say you want a mature discussion without insults but literally the sentence before and the sentence after you insult us.

If anything, you've done more harm than good here for the proposed topic at hand. If you really want to have a discussion and make a difference I suggest you back off and let a cooler more rational mind convey your clans points. Perhaps Doc could do it, he seems less inclined to fling mud around. So for the good of neocron I implore you to stop all this because you really are only making it worse for the newbs who need those GR's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Perhaps Doc could do it, he seems less inclined to fling mud around.
    You just havent pissed me off sufficiently yet and i do feel the need to take the moral high ground on some occasions. You could say im the 2014 version of Quantumdelta
    Something is wrong.

Yeah youre probably right.

I think that text on a screen and tone of voice do not go hand in hand so well. I have not got mad about anything in this thread, despite some efforts to the contrary. However I am not sure what you mean about how I am damaging the experience for the noobs? You mean because I am getting on your clan's nerves with my holier than thou attitude? Because I am a self righteous prick youre gonna keep the GRs closed just to spite me?

Hey thats cool. But when you see populations dwindling it is kinda hard not to get annoyed with all of these Gr/Cs around.

My points are my own. Nothing to do with the clan. I speak as the individual. The rest of the guys dont really care about it, they just want to fight. This moral crusade is all me. Thats why you dont see too many of them joining in with the discussion.

I am more than happy to continue discussing it, post count and join date are irrelevant.

I see a situation that I argued against vehemently when it was proposed and thus far that situation has remained unchanged.

Nothing against the current support team but this is a problem that the population of the game can fix, it isnt something they need to worry about.

Sure using the UG is a valid tactic at op fighting, so is barreling said door way, using all stealthers, clipping around various scenery and all the other things that one side or another has complained about down the years. The thing is, those issues are being addressed now it seems. Fights are becoming A) fairer and B) more balanced.

It is taking time sure but it is happening.

The thing is it seems like too many people want to own all the ops but not actually work for that privilige.

17th has a few top players in it, good people and good fighters. If we are gonna talk about this all like adults and change the game for the better then we need to encourage pvp.

The more people killing one another is better for the economy of the game and better for the marketability of the game.

Everytime someone gets ganked they lose an item (zone dependent ofc) and this leads to: 1x Poker needing to poke them, 1x item purchase to replace said item, 1x GR fee to apt, 1x tip for Poker 1x GR fee back to the place they died to either recover the item or exact revenge and one more person who gets encouraged to pvp.

With more Outposts open MORE people get to spread out into the wastelands and see more of the game, other than CRP and Regants. How many noobs realise there are actually 3 chaos caves and 7 or 8 swamp caves?

More people spreading out means less chance of being ganked for said noobs as they can go to zones where the "evil pkers" dont go to and can level up in relative peace.

If the "evil pkers" then cant find people to kill in levelling spots they will need to sate their blood lust somewhere.

The simple answer is Pepper Park.

Ok so there is noone there, next idea. Op fight. Hack one layer and give the other clan a nudge. Even with one person online the last few times we have attacked a 17th Op within a short time more have suddenly appeared.

We have had some great fights with 3-5 vs the same number. At the current time that is all this game can achieve but the thing is the less fights people have the less time they are likely to log in. The more fights they have the more others are likely to hear about it.

It goes back to my original sheep comment - in a different form admittedly - If all of your mates are constantly chatting about this great fight they had the other day and totally owned those fuckers at CRP.... you are gonna get that urge to log in and see what its all about. Human curiosity will tug at you like the sordid hand of temptation. Before you know it you have had that black synch out of the UG and you've been welcomed back into NC by a face full of plasma at Jeriko.

Enough of the established clans these days have Facebook/whats app/telegram/teamspeak/forums/each others mobile numbers to communicate. Social media is prevalent in everything. Hell NC has a facebook group with a few of us in it! Probably more than one.

The point is - without the piss-taking/banter/shit-flinging/barbed comments at one another - we want more activity from the players.

The biggest lure for capped players is fights. Bottom line. More people have quit due to lack of fights than anything else.

I know there are the non-pvp players and I am not writing them off but all the people I know who quit say the same thing, nothing to do, noone to fight.

The original aim of this thread was to discuss that issue, somewhere along the line it got a little sarcastic yeah i admit and then that snowballed down into the flame war and several people wanting to stick the boot in but the message today remains the same.

More fights = more fun.

goodness. why dont you guys just hack and open the damn OPs instead of flaming for days on the forum? if those clans wont show up to defend whats "theirs" after repeated warnings, that is. peace everyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345