Default Implants should not be removed when killed.

When you die, I think it should be changed so that the Implants don't pop out.

For those without the implant skills, it can be frustrating, and there may not always be someone there to poke them back in when you need them.

When I died last night, I had to go search for a poker back in Neocron plaza 1, and it took a while for someone to respond, and poke back in my implants.

Making it so your implants don't popout when killed would relieve the frustration.

There are a million reasons why this is a crap idea. The short answer however is that it would kill the poking trade. Therefore, no.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Hey space,

There is a core design intent that Neocron feature player interaction. and while I agree that it can be frustrating when there are no pokers online, it would go completely against the social nature of this game to move the player trades onto a self-service sort of apparatus.

Also, dying *should* suck, so you want to do it less.

That is like saying vendors should sell artifact weapons because it is frustrating to find a good constructor..

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    That is like saying vendors should sell artifact weapons because it is frustrating to find a good constructor..
    Not really. Dope is right though.

It would be nice if the Devs could introduce an auto-poker machine of sorts that costs like 10k per poke or something for when no one is around to actually poke. But that sounds like a lot of work and Im not sure how it would impact the economy and all that.

Your best bet is to join a clan or find a group of people to hang with, that way someone will always be around somewhere to poke you.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    It would be nice if the Devs could introduce an auto-poker machine of sorts that costs like 10k per poke or something for when no one is around to actually poke. But that sounds like a lot of work and Im not sure how it would impact the economy and all that.

Your best bet is to join a clan or find a group of people to hang with, that way someone will always be around somewhere to poke you.
    I've long thought that, just as vendors can work for crappy low level weapons, there should be auto pokers.

That being said, there should be some tradeoffs, for instance:

Auto pokers are limited to ~tl 80 (rare weapons can't be bought after all).
    Cost should be somewhat high (implant tl^2*10nc).
    Speed should be slow (roughly 1/4 the speed of a player poke).
    Implants should be damaged on the way in by roughly 10 percent.

I do not want to change the death penalties nor do I want a poking machine. Dope said it all.

I for my part will always log a poker if I someone's asking for a poke a few times on trade and can't get one.

But usually when I do there are already three pokers there in P1 who have logged their char also :-)

I think persistence and humor is the key if you are looking for a poker on the trade channel. Somebody will always log one.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

The whole implants falling out on death always annoys me a bit. I was under the impression that it is meant to be random which implants (if any, you might get lucky fall out), but sometimes it seems like it's the implants with the lowest condition that will constantly fall out.
    But I think I may be going off topic a bit.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I like the idea of a poke machine for up to mid level ranges with obvious negative side effects. It'll help new players with their leveling while still providing an incentive to have a player poke (it's like store weps vs. player built weps... store pokes vs. player pokes).
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Log in Tl115 Poke char->apply tape to left mouse button->take care to not log him out
    Tadaaa,Auto-Poker,great success.
    this setup is public domain,use at own risk
    Inspector Mittens

I do not like the idea of poke machine.. after that there should be research machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    I do not like the idea of poke machine.. after that there should be research machines?
    Yes! 249x TL 150 Res. Missions in two mins., please! - and for only 200k

Implantdrop is fine - It should stay this way.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

I don't always log my poker if I'm super busy with something else, but the other day, I was busy levelling an alt, someone offered 50k for a poke, and I logged across. So perhaps if no pokers are logging, you need to offer something awesome!

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7 View Post
    When you die, I think it should be changed so that the Implants don't pop out.
    Count your lucky stars that the GRs reliably resurrect you, and do not loose your runner in the ether!

It would unbalance OP wars when the PPU cannot rez you! "Hey just GR near by and run back ; By the time you get here SI will have gone "

Dying hurts. Get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast