The punishment for killing Friendly Faction members should be way harsher and less easy reversible. So the whole SL system needs a revamp.

It's really irritating that I get attacked by allied faction runners more often than by enemy faction runners.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    The punishment for killing Friendly Faction members should be way harsher and less easy reversible. So the whole SL system needs a revamp.

It's really irritating that I get attacked by allied faction runners more often than by enemy faction runners.
    How bad is it now? I just heard someone freaking out they lost 50 SL for killing a neutral.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    How bad is it now? I just heard someone freaking out they lost 50 SL for killing a neutral.
    More like 5. That sounds like a MASSIVE exaggeration to me.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Depends on the sector but meh... shit happens.

50 SL? If you got a recycle/research toon you get those back pretty quick. I don't have one but those guys do. Trust me

but really: I prefer hanging out with enemy faction runners nowadays because they are nicer to me than my allies. And I'm pretty sure I didn't piss anyone off so far. So I rule out the possibility that this is some kind of revenge-plot against me.

Yet another reason to leave your LE in so you can AoE in a team without worrying about killing team-mates and loosing sym/SL.

They should definitely leave LE's alone it helps, co-mingle... this game needs to be more noob friendly not less

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yet another reason to leave your LE in so you can AoE in a team without worrying about killing team-mates and loosing sym/SL.

They should definitely leave LE's alone it helps, co-mingle... this game needs to be more noob friendly not less
    if your in a team with someone it doesnt matter if you aoe and kill them you wont lose sl. If they are not teamed but simply present in the cave thats when u take a hit on sl/symp.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

As the game stands, I wouldn't remove my LE is I was a pistol user or Melee user no matter what. Playing in teams isn't fun as friendly fire would frag you dead.

That, and accidentally killing other runners while leveling hurts you, especially if they run in front of you to grief your leveling experience hoping you kill them by mistake.

In the end, if you are tradeskilling or leveling, there is ZERO reason to remove your LE chip, and I don't see why you all are so hell bent on getting a 0/6 to remove his LE chip.

What do you possibly gain? Oh yeah, you can stroke your tiny epeen while mouth farting on teamspeak as you sweep plaza sewers and kill defenseless runners trying to catch up to someone who has been playing for weeks/months.

Why give the user a bonus for removing their LE? I don't understand this. You aren't trying to help anyone here. This is a pretty see through attempt at just ganking nubs in plaza 2.

Removing your LE chip already comes with benefits.

Oh yeah, and I forgot...

"Oh... Another Neocron is PvP thread (this time disguised) .... Only if we've done this before....

Neptune.

No."
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    As the game stands, I wouldn't remove my LE is I was a pistol user or Melee user no matter what. Playing in teams isn't fun as friendly fire would frag you dead.

That, and accidentally killing other runners while leveling hurts you, especially if they run in front of you to grief your leveling experience hoping you kill them by mistake.

In the end, if you are tradeskilling or leveling, there is ZERO reason to remove your LE chip, and I don't see why you all are so hell bent on getting a 0/6 to remove his LE chip.

What do you possibly gain? Oh yeah, you can stroke your tiny epeen while mouth farting on teamspeak as you sweep plaza sewers and kill defenseless runners trying to catch up to someone who has been playing for weeks/months.

Why give the user a bonus for removing their LE? I don't understand this. You aren't trying to help anyone here. This is a pretty see through attempt at just ganking nubs in plaza 2.

Oh yeah, and I forgot...

"Oh... Another Neocron is PvP thread (this time disguised) .... Only if we've done this before....

Neptune.

No."
    You get it all to well my friend

Paint huffing chav's just dont seems to get it ;D

yeah, that 'inspector pinky' guy. solution: just dont kill newbs. watch whom youre firing at. or go play a dedicated fps.
    really, there is no problem with neocron, there's just a problem with selfish people.

Hey, I am new to Neocron (again, played a bit ages ago). And I want to share my experience.

I removed my LE during the two r175 testing days.

Most of players without LE have caped or at least high level chars so I have no chance against them with my mid-level character. Dieing and loosing items is expensive and annoying. And I was attacked by random players all the time.
    By the end of the testing phase I had lost all my equipment and was broke.

I haven't tried to join a clan thou.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by baracoder View Post
    Hey, I am new to Neocron (again, played a bit ages ago). And I want to share my experience.

I removed my LE during the two r175 testing days.

Most of players without LE have caped or at least high level chars so I have no chance against them with my mid-level character. Dieing and loosing items is expensive and annoying. And I was attacked by random players all the time.
    By the end of the testing phase I had lost all my equipment and was broke.

I haven't tried to join a clan thou.
    See if we had no LE's it would prove that our players are assholes and would kill the population not for only new but old players. Suggestion: Ban all the adults who were abused as a kid :P
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

I wonder if some of the holier than thou attitudes that are rampant on the forum would be quite so fiery if the players in game didnt have their LE's in?

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post

Oh yeah, and I forgot...

Neptune.

No."
    Stop insulting me.
    I do not gank low chars other than by accident. And when it happened in my team we always had the decency to pull those small ones up again (in a pepper park fight for example you are not always close enough to see which CR someone has)

I am also for it that All of Via Rosso and Plaza are quite safe - more than now, just not safe zones - well protected by NPCs (that work) - Low Risk but not No Risk

And if you would really think about the arguments I made you would see that at the moment removing LE comes with punishment, not with reward (that one slot in the brain isn't enough to counter the rest.). Also you would see that i don't want to punish LE Users in the ground or force anyone to remove it.

So stop making assumptions based on hot air. Think first!
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Stop insulting me.
    I do not gank low chars other than by accident. And when it happened in my team we always had the decency to pull those small ones up again (in a pepper park fight for example you are not always close enough to see which CR someone has)

I am also for it that All of Via Rosso and Plaza are quite safe - more than now, just not safe zones - well protected by NPCs (that work) - Low Risk but not No Risk

And if you would really think about the arguments I made you would see that at the moment removing LE comes with punishment, not with reward (that one slot in the brain isn't enough to counter the rest.). Also you would see that i don't want to punish LE Users in the ground or force anyone to remove it.

So stop making assumptions based on hot air. Think first!

This is the sort of discussion I was hoping for.

Totally agree.

If people get given the choice (thats what this is all about) then they can keep their le in and be safe and sound while doing all the pve and caving they want to. The rest of us who want to take the risk of being "griefed/ganked" can do so with a slightly higher reward for taking that risk.

p.s everyone can do recycle missions. It is a wellknown fact that you can just buy the chems and hand them in a profit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast