NC For Free!

Default Neocron is a PVP Game. LE Chip is fine but needs to not work in certain areas.

I'm not even close to farming rares but almost all day long I hear about droners and LE players farming rares and how everyone can't get anything worth while. Well that is a major error. Neocron is a PVP Game if I recall. You PVP in the game its a risky game and yeah you get your ass handed to you a lot. This why you join a clan make friends and so on. But hell if you want to wear an LE fine. But note that you can still do a lot you just will not be able to do some of the end game stuff like farm rare parts..

So what do you guys think? So rather then the implant so called fall out in these areas instead for lore fun we build special law enforcement towers around the world in major cities. But once you go to far from these so called towers your chip stops working.

For the lore/storyline might be fun?

Anyways I like to hear what others think.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

so you want to force ppl into another playstyle? just because you assume "Neocron is for PvP only"? hm. not going to work, since NC is too much of an RPG, maybe not for you, but surely for others.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    so you want to force ppl into another playstyle? just because you assume "Neocron is for PvP only"? hm. not going to work, since NC is too much of an RPG, maybe not for you, but surely for others.
    I'm actually not a PVPer but The rare stuff is out of control. I mean mainly droners being cheat but overall if you want the best best tech in the game or lets say a good place to farm them the those areas should be PVP tbh...

Or start banning droners :P

Droners can't cheat, 175 fixed the droning bugs. Droners don't even do the most damage anyway, the single target drones are pretty weak, anyone can outdamage them and claim the loot for themselves.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Oh... Another Neocron is PvP thread.... Only if we've done this before....

Neptune.

No.

Also....

Logic about droners is old, tired and as of the last patch, flat out wrong.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Oh... Another Neocron is PvP thread.... Only if we've done this before....

Neptune.

No.

Also....

Logic about droners is old, tired and as of the last patch, flat out wrong.
    So you saying we should just keep exploiting then? I mean that is how you play Neocron right?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    So you saying we should just keep exploiting then? I mean that is how you play Neocron right?
    I said no such thing. Not even remotely. I don't know how to respond to you.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    I said no such thing. Not even remotely. I don't know how to respond to you.
    Well TBH, a lot of people are scared of changes. They are use to doing something and unfortunately like all humans the easy way of doing it. Why else would most people be using say Drones to farm?

And if or when that does get cleaned up there will be hell to pay. My problem is really that right now a lot of people are taking advantage of the situation. The way were going the econ already busted. I mean if the dev team really is focusing on a more legit game then we are already on the process of another wipe.

i think forcing people to put their LE out is the wrong way to do it - personally, i'd rather see incentives to pop it early on instead of keeping it in than force a pvp-centric playstyle onto anyone; people leaving because they don't want to cope with pvp would just decimate the population, and i think we can all agree that this would be bad.

sadly, it's become a current trend to keep the LE in as long as possible, and i think part of the reason it has come to this was mindless noobganking; it's simply frustrating if you get shot over and over again, and it seems like most people don't want to put up with that anymore. and i agree, it sucks to have some LE'd runner steal your loot, but then, those asshats are a minority, and i wouldn't want to "punish" the larger part of the population for a handful of people's bad manners.

(and yes, before anyone cries "LE-carebear", i pop mine as soon as i get out of mc5 and just live with the frequent ganking... ^^)
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I'm gonna try to help shed some light on why there are so many droners and why they have their LE's in.

Why to people use drones to farm and why to they have LE's in...
    If a drone dies, it's mearly a pain as you get some Synaptic Impairment, but on the whole it's relatively low risk*, but can be expensive.

*only if you can hide your meat sack somewhere the mobs can't find it. And much more importantly you have your LE in, as you will usually always get ganked while droning when you have your LE out.

If you die on the other hand you have to respawn at a GR (somewhere that's open), and possibly need to re-implant.

Another reason for all the droners is the lack of AoE weapons for spies. If you're specced pistol you have a MiniRocket Pistol, but on the whole pistols are weak atm and don't spec it, which leaves rifle. Therein lies a problem, there is no AoE rifle weapons, so you can't effectively grind in an caves etc compared to if you just specced into droning and used an AoE drone.

And final reason I can think that there are so many droners (which will obviously have their LE in to prevent them getting ganked), is because mob damage is all over the place. Mostly mobs will easily 2 or 3 hit a spy, who has the right resists, belt, armor and nanites/psi up. This needs fixed/balanced, so it's possible to fight them, especially in a cave or somewhere with minimal places to try and dodge their attacks, made harder in that you will need direct line of sight to attack them as a rifle user.
    If you're a high level player against a high level mob you should have some kind of a chance to fight them straight up.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I say this without drama or overreaction. I would stop playing NC if this came into effect. The game would simply stop being fun for me.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I understand the sentiments of Kane.

When I first played Neocron there were strong incentives to drop the LE:

1.) Minor XP-Gain
    2.) The neccessity to kill other runners to progress in the Epic-Quest.

Most people dropped the LE as midlevel. That made the world more dangerous but exciting. I remember the thrill farming rareparts at the battledome. There was a midlevel spy who constantly raided us. Sometimes he had success, but often we killed him too - as unexperienced midlevels!.

The most important thing:
    You had to make friends to protect each other, so the social experience was dense.

Because also peaceful runners had no LE, often 2 red runners didn't shoot at each other anyway. Then there was space for some kind of roleplay.

Today only the minority of the runners drop the LE. Those who do kill all red people that are in sight, low level runners included. Today dropping the LE means only to become ganked by nearly everly red player.

The conclusion:
    in a bizzare way the dominace of the LE damaged the overall NC-culture and experience considerably, because it split the community socially and enforced an individualized playstile. Look at the empty ingame forums and channels: Today noone cares about polititics, because the neccessity and is gone and the impact of it is low.

Why Kanes proposal makes sense from a storyline-point-of-view, I dont think it can convince the majority of runners.

A more moderate approach is to increase the incentives to drop the LE.

Perhaps we can gather some ideas, discuss them and pick the best:

Ideas:
    1. Change faction (or alliance) is only possible with no LE
    2. Reintroduce slightly minor XP-Gain
    3. When the pop has stabilized, reintroduce epic-kills. (I am not convinced of this)
    4. FSM-access only without LE
    5. Ressing, contructing and/or equipping with Rare-Weapons only without LE (certainly very controversial, feel free to rant), after rebalancing weapons
    3. ... [your Ideas]
    Last edited by Bruder Malmsdoo; 03-12-12 at 14:12.

Not mentioning names but currently there are people in nc who attack their own faction - let alone just red ganking. Whilst this stuff goes on there is no incentive to remove the le.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Not mentioning names but currently there are people in nc who attack their own faction - let alone just red ganking. Whilst this stuff goes on there is no incentive to remove the le.
    The "simple" solution would be: Make it hard to get your soullight back, then the drops of the aggressors will manage to balance that out very fast
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Yes and increase drop-rate

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast